shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sweet Petite AVC!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pricescoper's,

So I've been wanting an AVC for a very long time and I was recently lucky enough to be able to purchase one. I have to say a huge thank you to the very patient David at GOG for so kindly answering all of my nit picky questions, also a big thanks to Jon for working so hard to make AVC's (and AVR's) a reality. I can't recommend GOG highly enough, especially for those of us living outside of the US, the amount of info they provide you with is just amazing and in turn, makes your purchase as risk free as possible. Thank you GOG for offering such an awesome product and service!

I went with a .88 N AVC, with strong blue fluroescence. Potentially a bit of a risk given that I've never seen an AVC irl before, let alone an N coloured diamond. Living in Australia there was no chance of popping over to NY to check them out any time soon, so after reading probably every review on here about lower coloured AVC's I decided to go for it. Soooooo glad I did!! This little AVC is just amazing! I'm clearly not colour sensitive because to me it looks really white most of the time. I was worried that it might look a bit yellow next to my wedding band which has F/G diamonds, but when I put them together I really can't see much of a difference. This AVC is such a chameleon, it just changes constantly and I love the flashes of colour. Even in a smaller size like mine, the optics are just phenomenal, I can't believe it's mine - I feel extremely fortunate!!

Anyway on to the photos - apologies in advance, I only have my phone and I just don't seem to be able to capture the colour and fire of this little diamond to do it any justice, not even close. At this stage my AVC is unset, I'm thinking of a simple bezel with some milgrain......will probably head over to Rocky Talk for advice. Anyway, thanks for letting me share my sweet petite AVC, I realise it's not the impressive size of the majority of the diamonds on here, but to me it's huge! And I really, really love it!!

20160906_165130-1_resized.jpg

20160906_164248_3__resized.jpg

20160906_164248_resized.jpg

20160906_163450_resized.jpg

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting your AVC!! It's beautiful!

Thank you for posting your experience too- I'm also in Australia and it always helps to read about other people in a similar situation who have bought from vendors here :)

I'm sure it will look amazing however you decide to set it!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Crystal Dreams! Well from one fellow Aussie to another I can highly recommend GOG, they are awesome! I would of loved to have had the setting made in the US as well but our dollar is just so lousy I decided it probably made better economic sense to get it made here, plus I wanted to see the stone before I committed to having it set, though I need not have worried!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's beautiful! I have a 7-AVC band with warm stones, 5 of which are fluorescent (and phosphorescent), and that's really fun!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the design!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Super pretty stone! I can't wait to see it set!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. I have a .87 k myself so I think yours is a perfect size. I can't wait to see how you set it.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful. Please come back and post photos when it's set!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline - Thank you! I think the strong blue fl helps make the N appear whiter, although I have to say I really love the soft creaminess the N colour throws in certain lighting. By the way, your collection is beautiful!!

Craving Diamonds - Thank you!

bugbear - Thanks! I think the setting is going to be the tricky part!

Rena7 - So glad you dropped in to comment! :wavey: I've had a look at your threads on your AVC (which is stunning by the way) and I'm in exactly the same headspace at the moment that you were in a while ago in that I've always liked a setting with a bit more detail (my current e'ring has diamonds in the band) but I'm beginning to think this avc is such a light show that it doesn't really need any other embellishments. I think it stands out more if it's set on it's own like yours. I really like the size of mine and I'm not trying to make it look bigger than what it is - for me it's plenty big enough. I'm a teacher (Prep, so 5/6 year olds) and a big blingy halo etc, just doesn't suit my lifestyle. Plus my fingers are so small and short I hardly have any finger real estate for anything elaborate. So after all that blabbing on I'm really glad I read your threads - thank you for sharing your experiences.

JDDN - Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my little diamond :) I'll be sure to drop back in once it's set. I realise this forum is 'Show me the Bling' and basically at the moment I only have 3/4 of the bling but I was just so excited by this incredible diamond that I just had to share! So thank you for indulging me!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful stone it will look lovely any way you set it!!!! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! So glad you are happy with it...and you know, it doesn't really look that petite on your finger!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhhh.... Beautiful..... I need to get me one of these pretties!!

Looking forward to your setting journey!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: Cant wait to see it set. :appl: :wavey:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad that you found what I had posted about my avc helpful.

I did keep it in the solitaire and I have so much fun with my stacking bands. I have two from Whiteflash and two from David Klass. The avc is such a beautiful cut it doesn't need a lot of extra stuff going on.

I don't remember if I posted my ring size just for reference I wear a 6 1/4 and I think my .87 is the perfect size. I work in a school as well but in the office and it is perfect for that setting.

I really look forward to seeing what setting you put that beauty in.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for taking the time to make such lovely, supportive comments! :)

arkieb1 - I hope I get the setting right, to be honest that's the bit that's troubling me now. It's such a beautiful stone I want to pick a setting that makes the most of the stunning diamond without swamping it - wish me luck!

tyty333 - Thanks! :) It certainly helps having small (3.75), short fingers - my fingers match my budget ;-)

Alex T - Yes you do need to get one of these, I PROMISE you, you'll LOVE it!!!! They are super gorgeous, even in the smaller sizes I think!

aca - Thank you! Fingers crossed I get the setting right!

luvsdmb - Thank you!

Rena7 - I couldn't agree more! Keeping it simple will be the key I think :)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! I can't wait to see how you set it!

I hope to own one of these super sparklers one day!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful AVC! :love: They are incredible in every size!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOH! it's beautiful! GOG is the best, David, a sweetheart, brilliant and a fine young man. Your stone is perfect! congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love AVCs. They are so sweet and yummy. Enjoy yours with all your heart. These August Vintage babies pack a huge punch!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and can't wait to see what you do with it!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for taking the time out to comment on my AVC, despite some verrrrry ordinary photos!

CRYSTAL24K - Thank you :) yes it really is such a pretty stone, still can't believe it's mine!

diamondseeker - Thank you! If my .88 blows me away, your AVR must be seriously breathtaking irl, it looks dreamy in your photos, the colours you capture are stunning!

Tekate - you are absolutely right, David is just the lovliest person, the perfect man to be selling diamonds, very patient and understanding. GOG are very lucky to have him.

LLJsmom - Yes! You just described AVC's perfectly - sweet and yummy! I just adore this this little diamond so much, I can't believe how lucky I am :)

daintyG - Thank you! I've followed your settings/diamond journeys over the last year or so. I think finding a setting that does it justice will be the challenging part, I just want to get it right - which I think may be easier said than done!

I'm just going to include the link (I hope it works) that David sent me of my AVC, and a couple of extra photos just in case someone finds themselves in the same boat that I was in a few weeks ago, reading everything I could get my hands on about N coloured diamonds and AVC's. The diamond looks quite yellow at the start of the video but I really don't find that it show's yellow at all, just a soft creamy tint in some lighting, but it usually looks pretty white to me. I'm thinking it may have been reflecting off something with a yellow tint in the video?
Thanks again everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeh16X1rZo

hmmmmm - I can't tell if my link has worked........I'm thinking it hasn't and I don't know how to make it work :???: sorry!

20160906_165502_resized.jpg

20160906_165113-1_resized.jpg

20160906_165010_resized.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh!! What an amazing stone. It will look super elegant in a solitaire. Looking forward to see your stone set.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Acinom! :wavey:

aca - Thank you, I'm going to pop into your thread now and have a look! :)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you GeorgieQ!
I just wanted to say that I chose split claw prongs because my stone is completely square and couldnt have single claw prongs with the design I wanted for security reasons. What I want to say is this may not be necessary for your stone because your stone is more rectangular, but you would of course have to ask your jeweler. I think in this size stone single claws may be a better choice because they look smaller than split claws. If you have a good jeweler who can make them really fine, split claw prongs will accentuate the soft corners and shape of the cushion, but they will be bulkier than single claw prongs.
Just something to think about when you choose the setting... unless you want bezel of course. And make sure to see what your jeweler can do before committing. As you saw, my ring was a reset from a really badly made solitaire setting.
:wavey:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much aca. Yikes!! There is so much to think about :???: I've just been through your old threads and I can see that you've thoroughly researched settings. I love the look of prongs but to be honest I've always been afraid of the stone coming loose so I was going to go for a bezel, but a very fine bezel......you wouldn't have thought choosing a simple setting would be such a head tingle!! I have quite a small, short finger at 3.75 so that's another reason for keeping the setting simple. If the Aussie dollar wasn't so low I would of had it set in the US. I really, really love the aesthetic of Erika Winters' designs, but our dollar just made having one of her settings a bit of a dream (my budget is about $2000 aud). I actually think getting the right setting for a smaller stone is harder than for a larger stone because you have to be so aware of getting the proportions right without overwhelming the diamond (wow, clearly first world problems here!). Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from my jeweller, so when I do I might start a thread in Rocky Talk asking for help - I'd say I'm going to need it!
Thanks again for taking the time out to share your experience - I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it :wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it would look absolutely lovely in a bezel! :appl:
Looking forward to following your journey! :wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the way the stone looks on your hand!! It's a stunner for sure! Can't wait to see the finished product! :appl:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered JbG for your setting? They do a lovely fine milgrain bezel and the last time I checked her site the starting cost was $1500 USD. I don't know how to convert that to your currency, but thought it could be close.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results