shape
carat
color
clarity

My sweet petite AVC is set!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to share some photos of my newly set AVC. The stone is .88ct N, vs1 with strong blue fluorescence. To my eye it faces up white most of the time, from the side you do see a soft hint of cream but I really like it. My photos just don't do the stone any justice, it's such a chameleon and a fire ball all rolled into one. I just love it and I'm so grateful that I found PS some years ago and in doing so, discovered GOG and their amazing AVC's. For the setting (big thanks to Sarah, Studio Ingot Melbourne Aus) I wanted something that didn't detract from the avc, so minimal detail and one that was modern but with an antique feel. I have quite a small, short finger (3.75/4) so for me I feel that the .88 is plenty big enough, especially when combined with my wedding band. I'm really happy with the way the setting turned out, I just love it.
Thanks for looking. :wavey:

20161217_064320.jpg

20161217_063207.jpg

20161217_063125.jpg

20161217_072929-1.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, not sure why these are sideways - technology is not my strong point!! Any darkness that appears in the stone is my phone case reflection. It's really hard to capture what my eye sees, such tricky little things to photograph the diamonds!!

20161217_072224.jpg

20161217_064430.jpg

20161217_064339.jpg

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
Cannot believe it's N!! It's stunning on your finger :love: :love: :love: :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous ring and your stone is just TDF :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! :love: Congratulations! :clap:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rockinruby and foxinsox! :wavey:

imdoubler - I know right, for an N it looks pretty darn white to me, having said that there are certainly times when I see a soft, really light cream colour but I genuinely like it. It's all part of this little avc's charm!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this set. :love: :love: Amazing AVC. It is just a gorgeous stone. And I love it in a bezel. Perfect way to show off the facets!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamy & romantic! The colour is so white & it looks huge on you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is amazing to be an N! I think the set just looks perfect on your hand - just couldn't have asked for better!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and great finger coverage. Enjoy! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! It looks very white and your tiny fingers make it look like a carat and a half!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set! It looks so beautiful on you. Enjoy wearing your set.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!can you post more pics?
It looks very comfortable and low, too!
Congratulations!!!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be-u-tiful! Love it GeorgieQ!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your lovely compliments. That's something I love about this forum - it doesn't matter how big or small your diamond is, everyone here loves to share in your excitement and that's a beautiful thing! So thank you! :appl:

daintyG I've taken lots of very ordinary pics that I'd love to share! :D The ring has a delicate milgrain around the bezel and band, and yes it does sit fairly low to my finger, which I like and yes, it is really comfy!My jeweller is going to send me some pics which will be a gazillion times better than mine, so I'll add those here when she sends them. It's really hard to capture all the fine details on my phone. :wall: I've added a photo with my old engagement ring which is a gia E .51ct cushion, unfortunately both stones are reflecting the dark phone case so there are dark patches showing that you don't see irl. I still can't get over how white the avc is, having said that I'm clearly not colour sensitive at all. It's just such a different diamond to my old one, I'm so beyond happy with my avc! :) Also loving, for the first time ever, having short stumpy fingers. They certainly help the .88ct look bigger than it would probably look on normal size fingers!! I also think the slight elongated/rectangular shape helps as well. Thanks again for sharing (and indulging) my excitement!

20161219_063226.jpg

20161218_135810.jpg

20161217_185310.jpg

20161218_134102.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - all my pics are posting sideways! :wall:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your AVC is gorgeous and your rings look fabulous. I am a blue fluorescent fan too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'll be honest, I'm not normally that much of a fan of bezel set rings but this ring has changed my mind, I LOVE it ! :love: :love: :love: The bezel just frames the diamond so beautifully and I love how the setting is a mix of modern and vintage, gorgeous! Your AVC is stunning and the ring looks amazing on your hand, congrats and enjoy this beauty! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your AVC and I adore it's new setting! The bezel looks so sleek around the AVC and your set is beautiful. Enjoy your beauty!!!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, the bezel setting is just perfect for it :)

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
marcy thank you! Yes I really like blue fluorescence as well, from what I've read I think maybe that's what helps the N appear a bit whiter. It looks pretty cool in the sun as well!

Junebug wow! What a lovely compliment :) I've always admired your beautiful jewellery! So thank you, your lovely words made my day!

JDDN thanks so much - I am seriously enjoying this ring! Luckily I'm on holidays and have plenty of time to stare at it! (my hubby thinks I've lost the plot!) :)

Thank you RaiKai!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! Congrats!

I agree with others who say "WOW! It's an N!?" It's so bright.

:)

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great on you! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results