shape
carat
color
clarity

My Superbcert Tiffany Replica has arrived.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks just stunning. There is something about a classic Tiffany Solitaire that gets me and your is no exception. Yours stone looks huge and beautiful and just elegant. It's just wonderful. I totally understand the feelings of relief to not have to worry about your diamond settings. I will not be going full eternity for my upgrade e-ring because i don't want to have to worry about it, and i't would not matter what anyone says, i'd still worry
20.gif

can't wait to see what pave wedding band you come up with
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you guys like it!

I know what you mean, Mrs S, about worrying about damage even if unnecessary. As much as I tried to convince myself that I shouldn''t worry about a little chip here and there, I just couldn''t relax. This is so much better for my peace of mind. And I love the way it looks too!

Thanks, Rascal!! So glad you like it since we''re both solitaire girls.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 10:07:52 PM
Author: sevens one
Will SP take your old mounting for a trade in on something else?

Good question: I just don't know. I feel like I already had the chance to trade it in a couple of months ago, but instead opted for them to replace the head a second time (first one was weakened when they notched it). I wish I had just traded it in when I had the chance. At that time, however, they weren't exactly admitting that there was anything wrong with these sets. Now, it sounds like they are aware, so perhaps it's worth a shot. I don't even know what I'd want, though. I really wish I could sell it and recooperate at least some of my money. This has been an expensive process to say the least. But what are the chances of me selling it on Ebay? And how low would I be willing to go? Any thoughts?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demelza,
It''s worth a shot for you to call Isaac and see what you can do with your old setting. Now that they are admitting to these problems it''s worth a phone call. Perhaps you could trade it for a RHR, or earrings. I know you don''t love making these calls, but if it were me, that''s what I would do. Selling it on ebay, could be tough as they also sell their settings there, but I''m no ebay expert that''s for sure.
2.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza--
It's gorgeous!!! Would you mind sharing the specs of your stone and your ring size? I'm thinking about getting the SC setting too. Is the shank really no wider than 2.3mm at the widest point at the top?

Your diamond really looks amazing. Congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would see if you could return it for credit Dem..or something. You could get a cool RHR!
31.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 11:49:52 PM
Author: cpster
Demelza--

It''s gorgeous!!! Would you mind sharing the specs of your stone and your ring size? I''m thinking about getting the SC setting too. Is the shank really no wider than 2.3mm at the widest point at the top?

Your diamond really looks amazing. Congratulations!

My stone is 2.35 ct, I, VS2, ideal cut, H&A. My ring size is 6. I''m not sure the exact width of the ring -- it says on the SC website that it''s 2.5 at the widest point. I can''t imagine it''s any wider than that and, if anything, could be a bit thinner. I think the knife-edge makes it appear even thinner than it really is. I highly recommend this setting!!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I''m about to faint over your ring. it''s so beautiful. what a classic beauty!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 11:19:34 PM
Author: kaleigh
Demelza,

It''s worth a shot for you to call Isaac and see what you can do with your old setting. Now that they are admitting to these problems it''s worth a phone call. Perhaps you could trade it for a RHR, or earrings. I know you don''t love making these calls, but if it were me, that''s what I would do. Selling it on ebay, could be tough as they also sell their settings there, but I''m no ebay expert that''s for sure.
2.gif

I really would prefer money to merchandise. Obviously, SP won''t refund my money, so I think I might give Ebay a try. If that doesn''t work, though, I think you and Mara are right about pursuing this with Signed Pieces. I definitely hate making phone calls like that, but it may be a necessary evil (if email doesn''t work first
11.gif
)

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Classic and huge! I love it!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 1:48:05 AM
Author: Demelza

I really would prefer money to merchandise. Obviously, SP won''t refund my money...
Could you exchange for something from among their signed consignement pieces rather than ''Facets'' fare? Some of those are rather nice
20.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new set looks amazing, classic & makes your stone look huge! (Well, maybe that''s because it is huge!
3.gif
) I''m glad you''re happy with it. You should definitely look into trading your setting for something new with SP or selling it on eBay. Ana has a great idea about trading it for one of the signed consignment pieces! Yum!
18.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! Congrats. That stone is huge! I love it!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection
face23.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emotion-19.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your big beautiful diamond looks fantastic in that simple classic setting! It is just breathtaking!!! Good choice.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is soooo beautiful! I love it! Does your WB sit flush with it, or is there a little space?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s PERFECT AS IS.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Holy crap! That ring is gorgeous!

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Classic & beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
It''s perfect as-is, or you could always add/substitute a diamond band for a variety
2.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just Gorgeous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza, it''s PERFECT.
18.gif
What a stunner! The lines of the prongs are so graceful. (and no, I wouldn''t shave down the prongs...they look just right and it''s such a classic style)

Congratulations from one solitaire girl to another!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Dem,

The classic look is gorgeous! It is so beautiful and the stone looks go huge! Love love love the look.
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 10:08:55 AM
Author: JDgirl
Wow, that is soooo beautiful! I love it! Does your WB sit flush with it, or is there a little space?

Thanks! I would say for all intents and purposes the wedding band fits flush -- not an absolute, perfect, flush fit, but damn near close. The little "donut" (for lack of a better term) on which the head is sitting juts out just a tad which prevents it from being a perfectly flush fit. I don''t mind the tiny space as long as the wedding band doesn''t hit against the prongs (which it doesn''t). It fits just under the head for an almost perfect fit.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 1:55:28 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Demelza, it''s PERFECT.
18.gif
What a stunner! The lines of the prongs are so graceful. (and no, I wouldn''t shave down the prongs...they look just right and it''s such a classic style)

Congratulations from one solitaire girl to another!!!

Thanks, Kristy! When is YOUR ring coming?? Isn''t it supposed to be here today?? I am literally dying to see it!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, stunning and freaking huge. I''m dying over here!!!!
36.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful Demelza...your beautiful diamond has finally found it''s home!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow & wow! I absolutely love the mounting (and the stone of course!) Anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference between that mounting and the one from Tiffany''s. It is hard to believe how impressive that simple, classic mounting is. I am so glad to get a chance to see SC''s mounting and even happier that you are so happy with it! I think those prongs are in great proportion to your stone - I am not a ''prong'' fan either but the way those fan around the stone adds even more to the size of the stone. I have a friend with a 1.25 carat stone with a six prong setting - her stone looks much larger to me in that head.

If you are interested in a pave band, would SP work with your old rings in trade toward that? While a diamond eternity band would probably be beautiful with your diamond, I would be hard pressed to add anything to that stone. Absolutely stunning - enjoy!

Please feel free to take and post as many pictures as you possibly can - we never get tired of those pics!
31.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MGR! I like the way you put it -- that the head fans out around the stone. I just love that and is the reason I went with the Tiffany replica setting. I''m not sure I''ve actually seen an actual Tiffany setting in person. Well, I''m sure I''ve seen them, but just didn''t really pay much attention so I don''t know how close this is to the original. The consensus seems to be that SC''s version is the closest replica. I''m curious, now, to see try one on to see what the differences are.

Don''t worry -- I''ll be posting more pics soon!!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Demelza, your ring is so elegant. SC did a wonderful job.. I think it''s even better than the real thing
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait for more pictures - that''s one I could look at all day long!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results