shape
carat
color
clarity

My Summer Rose, Rose cut Diamond Pawn Shop Find

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Bron357 that's a true compliment coming from the ultimate PS storyteller. I always enjoy reading your posts!

Q

Queenie60

@StephanieLynn - you're really something! You find the best deals ever. Another great find, wow!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous story, thanks for sharing!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame it was just the funniest thing the driver was an antique guy and this was my first solo Uber ride, my son was so worried about me he was encouraging me to take a taxi because he thought I would be safer!

Also ironic when I mentioned needing the ring to be resized he mentioned a jeweler I used before in my town, she is a relative of the pawn shop owner! Small world, it was just all very surreal and yes I did end up getting him the game plus another one so he will be thrilled!

I don't have a video at the moment, DH has a better camera on his phone so maybe I will play with that over the weekend. It is shimmery, kind of a soft watery look, very serene.

I kind of get a feeling from the pictures of that soft watery play of light, I suspect it is lovely, especially as it caught your eye despite being covered in grime! I have never seen a rose cut in person, I would be interested!

It is indeed a very small world and I'm glad your Uber drive was a safe one!!! And fruitful too!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice find and what a steal!! Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find and nice bargaining! Enjoy your new ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Queenie60, admittedly it is such fun to get a deal but it's even more fun to come and share it on PS with everyone.

@Dandi, thank you so much, always love sharing especially something you don't find everyday.

@Lykame, do you know if we can direct people to an IG account to share a video? I just got on IG but wasn't sure about the rules.

@yennyfire, I am surprised he came down that much, my initial impression was the guy was going to be a tough negotiator. However he felt bad for running late, so that worked in my favor. Also left them a stellar review on FB. Recently, when I walked into a pawn shop I've been to before, the owner said as I walked in "you're the vintage lady whose husband left me a great review" so it is definitely worth the time to leave one!

Thank you @PreRaphaelite! I am so thrilled that you got JOTW! :appl:

Thank you @MissGotRocks, getting better at bargaining to the relief of DH! :lol-2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond! I'm loving it!
She looks lovely now but im seeing her with a few claw prongs in my minds eye.....ooooohhhwwweee!

& Can I tell you a little story of my own?

In HS, I must have been 15 but I was grounded and was not allowed to go anywhere. Well, on my way home from school I walked into a nearby pawnshop that closed at 6:30 and found a ring that i loved but alas my money was at home.
I walked the rest of the miles home and couldnt stop thinking about the ring but it was closing soon and I wouldnt have made it if I walked back there plus I was grounded. So my little jewelry addict butt made THE best case to my dad about how I needed that ring and how solid gold was an investment, I pleaded my little heart out for him to drive me there in time and it worked!
I left that pawnshop at 6:32pm with my yellow gold bamboo shaped band all for a pretty $11.00 and I was so proud!
I still have it to this day.
NOW....dont get me started on the story where I drove in what would later be named my cities craziest rain storm at dusk to get a pearl ring that was listed for pickup on craigslist when my daughter was only a few months old. The babysitter was paid well that night.....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah @TheGarnetGirl that is a great story and even better that you still have the ring! Love a piece with a story!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beauty, she looks gorgeous as a pinky ring! I love finds like this!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Great steal!!! Perfect on your pinky finger =)2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I've embedded YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure I've seen @whitewave embed Instagram videos. The other thing she has done is just say her Instagram name and then it's easy to find. So I'm thinking it's fine?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've embedded YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure I've seen @whitewave embed Instagram videos. The other thing she has done is just say her Instagram name and then it's easy to find. So I'm thinking it's fine?

Right, I usually just say what my IG user name is and then you can go find the video.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Luce she is kind of perfect for a puny ring so I might just get the prongs done and not resize. Trying to keep her as original as possible.

Thanks @HNGN! Whoever wore this had tiny little fingers, I find most of the time with old jewelry they are usually small sizes

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, anyone who wants to see video can go to slynnrose12 on IG and if someone could let me know if that works or not I would appreciate it.

Didn't realize that I had apparently gotten a fingerprint or something on her before I shot it! Rosie's are hard to keep pristine, plus I was in a hurry so that doesn't help.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely score with such a pretty shimmer!! Congrats!! :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, anyone who wants to see video can go to slynnrose12 on IG and if someone could let me know if that works or not I would appreciate it.

Didn't realize that I had apparently gotten a fingerprint or something on her before I shot it! Rosie's are hard to keep pristine, plus I was in a hurry so that doesn't help.
OMG, now I need a rose cut diamond. Need it bad. What have you done to me, Stephanie?????:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, now I need a rose cut diamond. Need it bad. What have you done to me, Stephanie?????:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Right? I did not expect a rose cut to be this beautiful in person, maybe because the idea of seeing skin through it threw me off. I will tell you that I did find another rose cut ring online for $450 and you know Christmas is right around the corner, we need to get you on this train friend!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great narratives and finds. :appl: You've got it!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh....rose cut not rosecut, I do everything from my phone so sometimes I run things together that shouldn't be. It's annoying to have that mistake in the thread title:confused2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite, it's a cute ring but I am not a bezel fan usually for myself.

With something like this as long as the setting can be preserved I will just have the prongs rebuilt. If not, well then I guess you guys will have to help me figure something out!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful rose cut. What a pretty shape on the stone too. Very good deal!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @elizat pretty cool to not only find a rose cut but a pear, still can't believe it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is a little update with some more info. Brought this down to my appraiser just for a consult and she said it is D color has some small chips to the girdle so SI1 clarity and measures 5.91x4.89x2.28 bringing the carat weight to about .28 points. She actually had a book with a formula for rose cuts but she said she almost never sees them.

She dated the setting to Victorian era and said the diamond was probably 1700's.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Awww what wonderful information @StephanieLynn! I wonder what makes her think about the 1700s?

Also I failed - I tried searching for instagram and your name and it didn't work. :cry2: (It probably doesn't help that I don't have an account myself). However it works for @whitewave's account when I do that so I don't know why. I don't suppose anyone can link it? :pray: If that's allowed.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really pretty ring! Great find!

I’ll have to see about finding pawn shops in my area...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results