shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My story of my AVC, from GOG, setting by Brilliantly Engaged

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay...so finally I am uploading pictures on PS of MY ring..... there is a lot of back story and emotion with this ring. Married for 18 years, together 24... First ring. Let's leave it at that.

I had been fixated on the AVC's since I found them on PS in like 2010. Obsessed... saw them back then and they had my heart.. and after all these years I still wanted it just as much. Jonathan showed them to be back then and this time around I did end up going back to GOG and working with Matt. Matt was not only terrific with me and let me have the experience of picking a diamond that I always wanted to have, he was also really awesome with my very nervous husband.

Brilliantly Engaged, (was ERD back then).. I met with Mark at the same time I saw the AVC's, originally and they continued to feel "right" for me and my ring. I worked with Chris on this now.

When I was able to start working on this ring Oct/Nov 17 I did want to enjoy this process and do due diligence. Heck I think I waited long enough so I wanted to do it right and enjoy the feeling. I did end up meeting with Leon and SK.. as I had really thought that that was the pinnacle for the settings.. but just wasn't right for me...
Chris at BE was amazing... and literally made my dream ring come true.. and I will be forever grateful for him working with me to do this. There were elements that I really had to have. The AVC, a 5 stone setting, handmade.. handmade was critical for me. This setting had been my dream setting all these years and when it came down to it, I didn't think it would be workable with budget, etc. So yeah the fact that it actually happened and I did not have to compromise.. huge deal for me.

I also debated posting pictures but PS has been a great community even thought you didn't "see" much of me. I was constantly on here from like 2010 to 2012 but then took a long break. I would look at the AVC rings on here.. and there was one in particular that was similar but different that I always went back to "visit"... I will update with which one it is...

so here is the thing.. I don't think these photos really look like "my ring" these photos make it all look very flat from the top which it is not at all. and it makes the proportions not look right.. I cannot get the kaleidoscope of color either.. this is a real FIRE BALL bursting with color... like i said in my other post.. it's pure Magic this stone. Never thought I diamond could give color return like this... WOW WOW WOW. These are terrible phone pictures and I don't even really want to be posting them. The center stone is highlighted, and the side stones are delicate accents.. but the photos just don't capture this.

As well - I did also decide to post because from Jonathan whose passion for diamonds is second to none, to GOG and the Brilliantly Engaged teams... they all deserve a shout out as they are the "village" for me.. and their service level couldn't have been better. Just like the saying it takes a village to raise a child.. they are the village that raised my ring.

One last person to thank... my husband.. who will never ever be on PS to read this.. but who after all these years has given me more than he will ever know with this ring.

It's a AVC K 1.762 with 1.06 ratio Measurements are 7.38 x 6.93 x 4.73
Cut Grade, light performance, polish, Symmetry all Ideal.
VS1
Table 48.3%
Depth 68.2%
sides are I/J vs1 which i am thrilled that all stones are vs1... i am weird like that..
Size 6.5 loose, only to get it over knuckles :(

Trust me when i tell you this think sparkles... I will try to upload better shots.

thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 45

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's very beautiful, the stone looks absolutely magnificent in the photos so goodness knows what it looks like in the flesh! So pleased for you that despite the length of time taken it all worked out in the end.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am SO jealous! Your ring is absolutely beautiful. Perfect proportions. I'm happy for you that you were able to get such an amazing piece of jewelry. It sounds like the wait was long, but I hoped this ring helped you feel a little more like it was worth the wait.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning and proof that the best things do come to those that wait.
Enjoy, I recommend sitting outside daily with a cup of tea or coffee and spending a good 15 minutes watching the sparkles in the sunshine.
Best “happy drug” ever.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I love the ring and your story.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your story & your journey! It’s stunning!! Congratulations!!! Please take more photos!!! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful Maggiemeans!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, just wallow in its beauty. :love::love::love: Loved @Bron357’s idea. Sit and enjoy and watch it sparkle. Tilt and rock and rotate your hand. It’s sooooo fun!!! You deserve this lovely prize after waiting so long.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Thank you for the lovely back story and I can totally understand the not having a ring to speak of for so many years. Twenty four years to be exact.

The proportions are lovely and the stone is amazing even though we can't see what you see. Congratulations and enjoy it for the next 18 years. :mrgreen2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a beautiful story and an even more gorgeous ring! I love it! It's perfect! Enjoy it in much happiness and love!

And be careful while walking in stores as you gaze down at it! It's like texting and walking, do it with much caution!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, just wallow in its beauty. :love::love::love: Loved @Bron357’s idea. Sit and enjoy and watch it sparkle. Tilt and rock and rotate your hand. It’s sooooo fun!!! You deserve this lovely prize after waiting so long.

That up there is how I gave myself tendinitis, @Maggiemeans :lol:

I just love your ring! I would love to see an AVC in real life. What I’m curious what your inspiration ring was! You will catch a lot of onlookers admiring that beautiful ring. Congratulations! :dance:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I love your story! You waited a long time for your dream ring and it’s stunning! Congratulations to you and your DH on such a gorgeous ring!
I'm sure he can see how much this means to you when he observes you looking at your ring :love:. Thanks for sharing your story with us, and your ring...Eeek!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, it's just perfect! I can see the sparkle and brilliance from your photos, but I know how hard it is to actually capture a realistic view. I'd imagine it's blinding in real life!

Wear her in much health and happiness for many years to come and thanks for sharing!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your DH may have been nervous before but I bet he's as smug as a kitten with cream right now just knowing he made you this happy. :kiss2: So congrats on a wonderful marriage and now on a freaking spectacular ring.

I'm a huge fan of AVCs too though I don't have one yet (I'm still pinching pennies so I can afford one in the size my finger demands). :lol:
I think yours is just beautiful and the five stone setting just makes it even better. I don't think I'd get any work done with that baby on my finger. :whistle:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh that is GORGEOUS!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond, gorgeous setting and such a beautiful story! :love: Enjoy your magical ring, it is truly a special jewel!!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring, and it's wonderful that you got exactly what you wanted! I wouldn't be able to stop staring, either!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and sure looks like it was worth the wait!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! So very classic and elegant.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ... stunning! Your ring turned out absolutely perfect; it is truly sublime - wear it in happiness!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay you posted it! It’s glorious and I cannot wait to see the Good Camera shoot given how beautiful it is in these shots.
What a beauty and I love the story of its making and significance.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen :love:

The diamonds, the style, the proportions... I absolutely have huge ring envy! I loved reading your story & I'm so glad you decided to post pictures. It's truly beautiful - no wonder you can't get anything done!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite the beautiful ring, it looks gorgeous on your hand. I LOVE AVC..great taste! enjoy it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely incredibly stunning!! :love::love::love: Congrats on your magical ring! Please indulge us with more pics!!! Get some in daylight/sunlight!!! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely breathtaking!!! What a perfect AVC and I can completely relate to falling head over heals in love with AVC's at first site :lol-2:. I did the same and I agree with you on all your descriptions and join your love of them!! Your 5 stone setting is one of my favorites and it is just spectacular.

Relish in your gorgeous ring and I hope you enjoy it for years to come :roll2:!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous diamond and setting, it just glows in your photos.
Enjoy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I am so glad you decided to add it here. I also think it looks fabulous in the photos, but most photos of rings do not show them to their full glory. I know my stone has perfect arrows but all be darned if I can capture them in a photo. That is just the nature of the thing. Some folks here have mad photo skills but I am, sadly, not one of them. I also love the style of your ring, one of my absolute favorites. Congratulations! I hope you love it for many years to come.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results