shape
carat
color
clarity

My Star Ruby Ring Project with Seven Fingers Jewelry

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1442921224|3930486 said:
Wow, that is amazing. Just seeing the progress is an eye opener as to how much detailed and fine work is involved. Any updates as to the estimated completion date?

Hi Chrono! Seeing the progress pics just left me in awe. The ring is done! Not sure exactly when, but Tom sent me all of this and shipping details yesterday. It should arrive tomorrow.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver said:
Wow. :love: :shock: I didn't even know people and rings like this existed! Thank you for opening my eyes, lovesvintage. :D What a piece of artwork and how special it will be! I can't wait to see more.

YW SparkliesLuver! Yes, this piece means a lot to me. I was raised by this grandmother, so she was my "mom". I still have a mom, but I saw her as my mom during those years. I will be sure to post more pics. I still can't get over your latest one of a kind paraiba masterpiece.

Tourmaline said:
Oh my goodness! How lovely! And he lives about 20 minutes from me! I can imagine a project with him in my future!

Yes, please do! I would love to see more of his work by other lovely PSers. You are so lucky to live so close to him!

userangl28212003 said:
His rings are so beautiful. Do you know if he only does custom designs, or if he has already made rings to sell? Thanks :)

Yes, his work is beautiful. As far as I know it is only custom work. If someone else knows more, please chime in.

Gloria27 said:
this is so awesome!

Thanks Gloria27! :)

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful! Can't wait to see the final result. It must be stunning!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh!!! It looks stunning. What an amazing result: unique and a true piece of art. I am looking forward to see your pics as well as your handshots. What an amazing jeweller.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
sparkle_zo said:
Very beautiful! Can't wait to see the final result. It must be stunning!!!

Thanks sparkle_zo! Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

Acinom said:
Ooooh!!! It looks stunning. What an amazing result: unique and a true piece of art. I am looking forward to see your pics as well as your handshots. What an amazing jeweller.

Hi Acinom! Thank you!!! I was amazed he was able to incorporate all of the aspects of the lotus flower that I wanted and more...the way they intertwine. And the actual lotus seed pod, which I have some fond memories of going out to collect with my family when I was very young. I had mentioned double bezel only because I did not know about his other more organic way of setting the center stone until we discussed the details. I am very ecstatic that he went this route with my ring too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's "tomorrow" today. Has the Postman showed up yet?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring looks amazing. I can't believe the quality of work...he is a true artist. :clap:

I hope you post some hand shots soon (assuming that the post man has already come and your almost finished drooling over your beautiful ring). :D

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
It's "tomorrow" today. Has the Postman showed up yet?

You are so right Chrono, but it has still not arrived yet... gonna be the last delivery of the day it seems. :(

elle_71125 said:
This ring looks amazing. I can't believe the quality of work...he is a true artist. :clap:

I hope you post some hand shots soon (assuming that the post man has already come and your almost finished drooling over your beautiful ring). :D

Thanks elle_71125! I am very happy to have a chance to work with him and have one of his ring creations. It probably won't be the last time though because I would also love to have a band made by him later on at some point. Not quite at the drooling part yet...still waiting for the delivery.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
It's here!!! Literally minutes after submitting my last post, the doorbell rang. :)

I spoke to Tom already and he said that someone contacted him because of this thread...so awesome!!! And I would love to know which one of you it was. :) He told me thanks because of it.

Tom surprised me by adding 1 point diamond cut purple sapphires! He said he hoped it was OK and I said it was a perfect accent to complement the design. And the ring has a lifetime guarantee for resizing or other issues that might arise. He took the time to explain the progress pics to me and how he worked. I felt so honored. He is currently packing for a show in Chicago this weekend for any of you that lives in that area that might be interested.

Here are the pics! The details are even more impressive in person. I am so happy to be able to wear this star ruby ring now. :)

img_20150923_0.jpg

img_20150923_164359.jpg

img_20150923_164513.jpg

img_20150923_171413.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh mymymy! Stunning!!

cheers--Sharon

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Love does not even begin to describe how I feel about this piece. It's just beyond anything I could have imagined--all of the engraving is fantastic! One day I hope to own one of these masterpieces! He seems like a wonderful person as well, which is exactly the type of artist I want to support :)

Congrats on such a special piece--I hope you are thrilled with it in person!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, unique - so many things I love about it - thank you for sharing the process with all of us! I'm sure you'll get so much enjoyment from this piece!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
What a very special work of art. Thank you for sharing the very interesting process Honestly I'm lost for words. Any adjectives I come up with just don't seem to honor the artist, your inspiration, the importance of the gem to you and the finished product. No wait, here it is..WoNDERFUL. I'm full of wonder

Congratulations!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Oh mymymy! Stunning!!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! I am still so fascinated with this ring and am pondering how he does the finishes on the details. There is a lot of contrast within the metal carving (polished and brushed) and the millegrain is so fine. There is no angle that doesn't make me go "wow!"

lovedogs said:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Love does not even begin to describe how I feel about this piece. It's just beyond anything I could have imagined--all of the engraving is fantastic! One day I hope to own one of these masterpieces! He seems like a wonderful person as well, which is exactly the type of artist I want to support :)

Congrats on such a special piece--I hope you are thrilled with it in person!

Thanks for your kind words and coming back for the reveal, lovedogs! I love supporting artists like this too and am very honored to have him make me this one of a kind ring. I will definitely be working with him again in the future once I have another theme in mind. He is a very nice person. The engraving is so 3D!

katharath said:
Beautiful, unique - so many things I love about it - thank you for sharing the process with all of us! I'm sure you'll get so much enjoyment from this piece!

Yw and thank you katharath! I will truly enjoy wearing this ring.

Sungura said:
What a very special work of art. Thank you for sharing the very interesting process Honestly I'm lost for words. Any adjectives I come up with just don't seem to honor the artist, your inspiration, the importance of the gem to you and the finished product. No wait, here it is..WoNDERFUL. I'm full of wonder

Congratulations!

Thank you Sungura! Your comments put a huge smile on my face. I usually am at a lost when it comes to words too. I am probably one of those people who could chat with just emoticons. :)

Additional info that I just remembered from my conversation with Tom: He does not do drawings because they show 2D concepts and he needs to see the visualized image in 3D. So he gets the main shape/setting done in wax, casts that shape, and then proceeds with the carving and works on the piece as a whole, moving around as he sculpts it with his tools. He does not focus and spend time on one specific detail/element of the theme at a time.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A true work of art! Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! It goes to show that a piece of jewellery without diamond accents can be jaw droppingly beautiful. The details are impeccable and makes it truly a bespoke piece.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! Such a special ring for a very special stone. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Gloria27 said:
A true work of art! Congrats!

Thank you Gloria27! It sure is. :)

Chrono said:
Amazing! It goes to show that a piece of jewellery without diamond accents can be jaw droppingly beautiful. The details are impeccable and makes it truly a bespoke piece.

Thank you Chrono! I am glad I went more old school with this ring project. I am liking the different styles and looks that I have so far, thanks to PS. I am so excited for your upcoming one! I want a flower theme for my paraiba cab too, but can't quite picture how I want it done yet.

VirginiaZee said:
It's beautiful! Such a special ring for a very special stone. :appl:

Thank you VirginiaZee! I am really happy about the completion of this ring. I hung onto this stone for so long not quite knowing how to set it until now.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Only one in the world like it! Lovely...

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
RSargent|1443141112|3931487 said:
Only one in the world like it! Lovely...

Thank you for stopping by and for your very kind words, RSargent. :wavey: I kind of have a weakness for one of a kind things, so when I am fortunate to do so, I go for it. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Simply amazing, lovesvintage. There's something about a stone with sentimental value paired with a setting that's truly a work of art. The end result is beyond meaning. May you be reminded of all that it means to you every time you wear it. :)

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1443181964|3931622 said:
Simply amazing, lovesvintage. There's something about a stone with sentimental value paired with a setting that's truly a work of art. The end result is beyond meaning. May you be reminded of all that it means to you every time you wear it. :)

Thanks SparkliesLuver! You said it all very well. I will cherish the memories it brings me when I am wearing it. :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many great things about this..substantial yet feminine..love it. Like a good work of art, timeless. Amazing piece :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous details in the ring, and your star ruby looks incredible in the setting. :love: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is a work of art! It was made in Rivendell, I think..

Thank you for sharing the story and pictures- incredible. It is a real treat to see such an amazing ring in the making and the inspiration behind it. I love your star sapphire, as well, and could have never envisioned such a sublime ring- perfection.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun said:
So many great things about this..substantial yet feminine..love it. Like a good work of art, timeless. Amazing piece :love:

Thanks lilmosun! I whole heartedly agree. :)

LisaRN said:
Such gorgeous details in the ring, and your star ruby looks incredible in the setting. :love: :love:

Thank you LisaRN! The details are something else. He does have a gift for being able to bring nature/organic themes to life on gold.

apacherose said:
This ring is a work of art! It was made in Rivendell, I think..

Thank you for sharing the story and pictures- incredible. It is a real treat to see such an amazing ring in the making and the inspiration behind it. I love your star sapphire, as well, and could have never envisioned such a sublime ring- perfection.

Thank you so much for your kind words apacherose! Are you a writer or poet? You have such a way with words...I'm envious.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful details, I love the rich yellow gold with a star ruby.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1443346544|3932350 said:
Beautiful details, I love the rich yellow gold with a star ruby.

Thank you Lovinggems! Yellow gold is my gold of choice anyway. I have some stackers that should be done soon to see how rose gold looks on me because the only other rose gold ring I have is an antique that has developed a patina, which I do love as well. I don't have any white gold CS rings yet, so may branch out that way too. I do have fun trying to figure out the right settings for each stone.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
userangl28212003|1442927270|3930512 said:
His rings are so beautiful. Do you know if he only does custom designs, or if he has already made rings to sell? Thanks :)

I decided to ask Tom about this since no one else was able to chime in. He says that he does have some finished pieces, not only rings, and that he will consider putting up a page on his website now. He is involved with many shows and you can sign up to get those e-mails in case he comes to a town near you. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results