shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT MY SOPHIA FRENCH CUT SOLITAIRE by VICTOR CANERA

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to start off by thanking those who have come before me with their designs by Victor Canera. There were others as well who posted their amazing french cut designs by other well known vendors.

I made contact with Victor via email to get a quote as I had been entertaining the idea of resetting my 2.74ct Infinity after seeing Angietaren and LGK's fabulous rings. He responded right away. The next day I made a phone call to Victor, had a short conversation and I told him I would get back with him. Well, we had many chats and emails about what kind of setting I wanted. He sent several photos of other designs he had made, making it even harder for me to decide because they were all beautiful. I posted a thread on PS for opinions for the reset.

He has been so very patient and kind throughout the entire process. Never seemed like I was taking too much of his time. Always responded within a very reasonable time frame of my e-mails. Once he recieved my stone and we had confirmed the design, it took 2 weeks. He sent me photos as the design process progressed. I asked many quetions along the way, he never got short with me.

I feel the cost was very reasonable for the outstanding quality of a hand forged platinum design. I will be contacting him again for my future projects.

I can't say enough about the details. It is superb, flawless. I would not change a tiny little thing. The french cuts are TDF. Sparkle like mad. I can't believe how my stone looks now, it made such a tremendous difference.

I regret not going this route when I first bought my diamond. Victor is going to set a custom cut pink spinel by Jeff White in my old setting which was made by Brian Gavin. I think a colored gem will suit it much better.

Design stats:
2.74ct N color center stone, 1.29ct L-M (6 each side, perfect match) custom French cut diamonds set in platinum. Double claw prongs. Double miligraining. Engraving on the top of shank between french cut stones.

Phyllis4[1].jpg

Phyllis3[1].jpg

PhylissRing2[1].jpg

PhyllissRing[1].jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shots coming :cheeky:

IMG_0756.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I opened the box

IMG_0759.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Head on view

IMG_0763.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side view

IMG_0767.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swan

IMG_0768.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side

IMG_0773.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly

IMG_0776.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another

IMG_0781.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrows, reflections of my yellow sweater

IMG_0783.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A view, the stones are not this yellow. It's my sweater.

IMG_0785.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pink flowers

IMG_0795.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have more but I think I am done for tonight. I hope you enjoy them.

BTW, please go to Victor's website to get a much better photo of his vendor shots. For some reason the resolution did not transfer well. They look much better than the ones posted above.

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
Standing ovation!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: That is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is just exquisite!!! :love: :love: :love: Love it!

This a minor part of that ring, but I have to say that his engraving is absolutely gorgeous! :love: I just want to send him a plain band to engrave for me!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reposting vendor photos from Victor. These are better.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh Bright Ice it's magnificent :love: :love: . You must be thrilled.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful~ :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slam dunk.

I love a three stone, but I also adore THIS style of ring with the graduated shank. Love the french cuts. Love your stone. The perfect new home for it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it. So very much! Some day, you must do a collective photo shiot of all your lovelies

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The more I see french cuts the more I love them. He did a wonderful job on your ring and it is drop dead gorgeous.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!! Wear it in good health & happiness!!!!! :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You couldn't have made a better choice. It's perfect down to every tiny detail!! Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning!! every detail is just divine.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is simply stunning.. it is just beautiful... :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you drillsgtsgem, Diamondseeker, Softlty Softly, minmin, lknvrb4, Dani, Athenaworth, and DreamerD, Mrssalvo, rainydaze, Mayk.

I absolutely LOVE it. Could not be happier.

I just wish I could get better photos. Mine just don't show the fabulous detail and are not very clear. I bought a Canon Rebel XS but I just can't seem to get down the macro mode very well. I will work on it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous!! I love the style of this ring - sheer perfection! So glad you are pleased with the end result.

We need many more handshots of this ring - are you planning a band to wear with it or will it just be solo?

Congrats to you - just beautiful!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is GORGEOUS! Wow! I love it...the setting is perfect and I adore the engraving along the bottom of the band!

emeralddreams

Rough_Rock
Wow. That is simply beautiful!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wow, its gorgeous :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results