shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My second chance at happiness...and the OMC cluster (and man of my dreams)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to both of you hopefully he will sing at the Wedding as well it was beautiful!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Totally awesome in every way. Love your ring and the proposal! I hope you have a lifetime of happiness!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great love story and spectacular proposal and ring!!! So nice to have a supportive guy and friendship foundation. Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for a fabulous life together.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Beautiful ring too!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! And beautiful engagement story, congratulations.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes!! Great ring. Enjoy your new life together.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awww, what a sweet, thoughtful proposal! You look stunningly happy. It's so special that you also get to have the video to reminisce and relive the moment.

I have a similar story to yours. I'm just a few years older and divorced in my early 30's from the man I had been with since I was 18. It's such a terrifying yet liberating experience to go through. I am now going on two years in a new relationship that makes me more fulfilled and looking forward to the future in a way I didn't have before. The proposal part of my story is yet to be written...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your new life and your new, wonderful, healthy relationship! I know exactly what you're describing! For me, it was such an interesting thing to get to experience in my late 20's-early 30's what most of my friends got to experience in their late teens and 20's! (I'm 31 now). I totally understand that "terrifying yet liberating" thing. It was terrifying at first, but then so liberating to be on my own WITH that sense of self and having been through what I went through in my marriage. Dating was very interesting...I had never really dated before as an adult since my ex and I were basically children when we met, so it felt a little like this surreal social experiment :lol: I was like "wow! I'm at a BAR on a DATE! How am I 28 and this is my first real date ever!?" The first time around, marriage felt like this accomplishment. I felt like I had some sort of status and I was the first of my friends to get married, and my ex and I had been together for so long that it was just the next thing to do. This time I don't even care about the wedding (or the ring even...even though I love it to death)...I really just care about the man I get to share my life with. It's such a good life! I'm really happy that you also had the chance to get out and make your life your own with someone who deserves you:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

febloxy

Rough_Rock
Beautiful story and beautiful ring. You also have beautiful hands. Wishing you and yours much happiness!

Reactions: AV_

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
I have come out of lurkdom to tell you how AMAZING this is! Your fiancé has an amazing set of pipes! The proposal was magnificent, the ring is swoon worthy and I can tell you are just beaming with happiness! Congrats to you both!:appl::)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such a wonderful friendship and proposal. You ring is gorgeous and much happiness to you both!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What a wonderful story, beautiful ring and touching video! I love your post!!! ❤️

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful proposal and a stunning ring. You wear it so well too.

I hope you and your fiance have many wonderful years together. DH and I are about to celebrate our 25th and when you're with the right person, time passes in a flash. Enjoy every moment.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've also come out of lurkdom to congratulate you on your engagement and that lovely ring! I wish you both much happiness. (And as you can probably guess from my username - I heartily approve of your wonderful gentleman's proposal style!:appl:)

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Your fiance was so sweet and that proposal had me tearing up!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Opera tickets: $300
Proposal diamond: $10000
Man of dreams: Priceless

There are some things a diamond forum can't provide. For everything it can, there's Pricescope.
This made my day :kiss2::lol: What a wonderful community!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a great proposal and beautiful ring, congratulations!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey pricescopers! I’m so excited to introduce my engagement ring to all of you. Meet “Happiness”! She is an OMC cluster with a 1.2ct L/M center. This is the first warm stone I’ve ever owned and I really love all the personality she has in different lighting situations. Sometimes she faces up very white, and sometimes an antique white, champagne, or yellow. I really love the wonky-ness of the OMCs and the fact that they are so beautiful and sparkly in their imperfection! The thing I love most about this ring is the story though. I was previously married to my high school boyfriend and it was not an emotionally healthy marriage for me. He ended up having an affair which was the best thing that could have happened, because I left and decided to make my life exactly what I wanted it to be. I ended up falling for one of my guy friends (now my fiancé) who encouraged me to take time to be single, focus on my career, travel on my own, and figure out who I was in a way that I never got the chance to do when I was married. Flash forward a year and we were seriously dating, and a year or so after that he decided to surprise me with a proposal on my birthday which also coincided with his NYC recital debut (we’re both professional opera singers). He enlisted the help of one of my best friends who knew that I was obsessed with old cuts and found a way to get my password from me so my fiancé could see the rings I was watching on eBay. I wasn’t expecting to get engaged or anything, but I always watch jewelry I love because it’s just fun to window shop! He got my closest friends and family to the recital (in a blizzard) and proposed to me during his encore with my favorite sappy 1950’s song and a ring that looked very familiar...and even more gorgeous in person. He’s the best person I know and I smile every time I look at my ring because it was such a romantic and thoughtful proposal and because I’m so happy to have a second chance at happiness! Thanks for reading my novel...here are the photos!!!

4904F3D6-2D83-4E20-8732-037074342C51.jpeg

3AAD8D0D-744D-4D0A-A51B-F606CB079A9B.jpeg BBFEB07C-598E-46C6-9603-9EB5C479F00E.jpeg D794827F-F076-43BA-9B50-C0F35B7847D6.jpeg 7FB8B815-5AD3-479E-8CCF-A24CB45DAB28.jpeg C14DF70B-08F8-4548-B86D-F5C527D8FCC3.jpeg 4480E19F-126C-4F89-AC24-02F13EB85B7E.jpeg Aaannnnd here’s my proposal video
So sweet

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Ok I’m super late to this party but I just had to say that your now husband’s proposal was BEYOND romantic and the ring is BEYOND beautiful! Happiness is the perfect name for your ring:) I hope that you and hubby are happy every day:)

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hey pricescopers! I’m so excited to introduce my engagement ring to all of you. Meet “Happiness”! She is an OMC cluster with a 1.2ct L/M center. This is the first warm stone I’ve ever owned and I really love all the personality she has in different lighting situations. Sometimes she faces up very white, and sometimes an antique white, champagne, or yellow. I really love the wonky-ness of the OMCs and the fact that they are so beautiful and sparkly in their imperfection! The thing I love most about this ring is the story though. I was previously married to my high school boyfriend and it was not an emotionally healthy marriage for me. He ended up having an affair which was the best thing that could have happened, because I left and decided to make my life exactly what I wanted it to be. I ended up falling for one of my guy friends (now my fiancé) who encouraged me to take time to be single, focus on my career, travel on my own, and figure out who I was in a way that I never got the chance to do when I was married. Flash forward a year and we were seriously dating, and a year or so after that he decided to surprise me with a proposal on my birthday which also coincided with his NYC recital debut (we’re both professional opera singers). He enlisted the help of one of my best friends who knew that I was obsessed with old cuts and found a way to get my password from me so my fiancé could see the rings I was watching on eBay. I wasn’t expecting to get engaged or anything, but I always watch jewelry I love because it’s just fun to window shop! He got my closest friends and family to the recital (in a blizzard) and proposed to me during his encore with my favorite sappy 1950’s song and a ring that looked very familiar...and even more gorgeous in person. He’s the best person I know and I smile every time I look at my ring because it was such a romantic and thoughtful proposal and because I’m so happy to have a second chance at happiness! Thanks for reading my novel...here are the photos!!!

3AAD8D0D-744D-4D0A-A51B-F606CB079A9B.jpeg BBFEB07C-598E-46C6-9603-9EB5C479F00E.jpeg D794827F-F076-43BA-9B50-C0F35B7847D6.jpeg 7FB8B815-5AD3-479E-8CCF-A24CB45DAB28.jpeg C14DF70B-08F8-4548-B86D-F5C527D8FCC3.jpeg 4480E19F-126C-4F89-AC24-02F13EB85B7E.jpeg Aaannnnd here’s my proposal video

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
WoW!! Awesome proposal and beautiful ring!!! QUOTE="fioratura, post: 4292695, member: 57162"]Hey pricescopers! I’m so excited to introduce my engagement ring to all of you. Meet “Happiness”! She is an OMC cluster with a 1.2ct L/M center. This is the first warm stone I’ve ever owned and I really love all the personality she has in different lighting situations. Sometimes she faces up very white, and sometimes an antique white, champagne, or yellow. I really love the wonky-ness of the OMCs and the fact that they are so beautiful and sparkly in their imperfection! The thing I love most about this ring is the story though. I was previously married to my high school boyfriend and it was not an emotionally healthy marriage for me. He ended up having an affair which was the best thing that could have happened, because I left and decided to make my life exactly what I wanted it to be. I ended up falling for one of my guy friends (now my fiancé) who encouraged me to take time to be single, focus on my career, travel on my own, and figure out who I was in a way that I never got the chance to do when I was married. Flash forward a year and we were seriously dating, and a year or so after that he decided to surprise me with a proposal on my birthday which also coincided with his NYC recital debut (we’re both professional opera singers). He enlisted the help of one of my best friends who knew that I was obsessed with old cuts and found a way to get my password from me so my fiancé could see the rings I was watching on eBay. I wasn’t expecting to get engaged or anything, but I always watch jewelry I love because it’s just fun to window shop! He got my closest friends and family to the recital (in a blizzard) and proposed to me during his encore with my favorite sappy 1950’s song and a ring that looked very familiar...and even more gorgeous in person. He’s the best person I know and I smile every time I look at my ring because it was such a romantic and thoughtful proposal and because I’m so happy to have a second chance at happiness! Thanks for reading my novel...here are the photos!!!

[/QUOTE]

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have already expressed my thoughts and feelings about the proposal and your ring at the other thread.
Everything was magical and wonderful....:love:
I've had a similar experience with you in life and I was also given a second chance to happiness, with an amazing and super romantic proposal, a wonderful husband and lots of bling!!!! I couldn't be happier for you !
You are such a beautiful girl and you make a great couple with your husband! I wish you a long, happy life, filled with happiness, bling and music....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely ring, and a wonderful proposal. I had to read about the two of you - we love opera and almost every weekend, we visit Met in HD at the local movie theater. Me and my family wish you both, a talented couple, all the best.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have already expressed my thoughts and feelings about the proposal and your ring at the other thread.
Everything was magical and wonderful....:love:
I've had a similar experience with you in life and I was also given a second chance to happiness, with an amazing and super romantic proposal, a wonderful husband and lots of bling!!!! I couldn't be happier for you !
You are such a beautiful girl and you make a great couple with your husband! I wish you a long, happy life, filled with happiness, bling and music....

Thank you!!! I'm so glad we both got it right the second time around!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Such a lovely ring, and a wonderful proposal. I had to read about the two of you - we love opera and almost every weekend, we visit Met in HD at the local movie theater. Me and my family wish you both, a talented couple, all the best.
Thank you! You are so sweet!! I always love connecting with opera-lovers and jewelry-lovers!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results