shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rocky Talky history

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I joined Pricescope in 2013 when I was ready to replace my lost 5 stone wedding band. I spent months reading about how to buy the best diamond and I was convinced I was a very smart buyer. I purchased an AGS000 JA True Hearts .64 I VVS1 with CA 35 and PA 41, and had it set in a Boone tension setting as was the trend at the time. Thanks @kenny and @Dancing Fire !

It really was a remarkable diamond in the right lighting! More fiery than any I had ever seen but still...in many lighting situations it would look dark in the center while the outer crown facets were bright. I grew to hate that over the years and while my diamond brought me a lot of pleasure I knew I had somehow missed the mark. In addition, the arrows never displayed all at once. This was a big disappointment to me as I love seeing that display of symmetry and it was the reason I purchased a H and A stone.

Alas disappointment is part of life. I moved on to more important matters like raising two special needs boys, etc.. I’ve continued to log on to Pricescope as a diversion and enjoyable pastime often times in the middle of a sleepless night. Parenting/ marriage is no small opportunity for growth and the beauty of marking the passing years with jewelry gifts is particularly meaningful to me as it was to my mother and grandmother.

My spouse and I have been together 21 years this month and I’ve decided it’s time to upgrade my stone in color and cut quality with a new CBI .61 G VS2! Yes, I lost $1,600 selling my original stone on the wholesale market but I swallowed hard and said lesson learned. I’m a very visual person and I know it will be worth it for me to see the difference in color, cut and light performance. Now with the upgrade policy I can even look forward to one or two size upgrades over the coming years until I can hit the coveted ( for me) 1 ct mark.

Many of you have touched my life over the years with your willingness to share your knowledge and the kindness you’ve shown through your comments to others and myself and I’m glad to join you sometimes in responding to new buyers on Rocky Talk in an effort to help them make a better first choice than me. @Wink and @John Pollard have stood out to me over the years and while I will never be their biggest customer I may be one of their most appreciative. Their warmth and generosity of spirit here on Pricescope is palpable and memorable.

Thanks for reading my Pricescope story. Here’s a picture of my original diamond at it’s best at the beach where, not surprisingly, I’m at my best. Once my new ring arrives I’ll post it on SMTB.

11EF78D6-172E-4A54-8B6F-3520987E6FD3.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your CBI. Can't wait to see your new ring. Are you going with a tension setting on your new stone?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your CBI. Can't wait to see your new ring. Are you going with a tension setting on your new stone?

No I’m not. My weight fluctuates a lot and I found myself not wearing the ring at times due to discomfort. The extra flesh on my finger would get pushed into the open space on the band, then when I would be working with my hands around the house the ring would twist and my finger would get irritated. I chose a stuller setting this time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I’m not. My weight fluctuates a lot and I found myself not wearing the ring at times due to discomfort. The extra flesh on my finger would get pushed into the open space on the band, then when I would be working with my hands around the house the ring would twist and my finger would get irritated. I chose a stuller setting this time.
My ring is tight now since I gained a few lbs :silenced: plus the summer heat.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new Crafted By Infinity diamond! I think you are going to be blown away by the glittering, interesting, firey light show. I own a sub one carat CBI and one thing I also notice is the display of edge to edge brightness. I can’t wait to read about your reactions to it and see lots of photos.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new Crafted By Infinity diamond! I think you are going to be blown away by the glittering, interesting, firey light show.

Thanks @LightBright! I know I will be in love with it. I bought my spouse a single .42 CBI earring for our anniversary and while I haven’t given it to him yet, I keep pulling it out of hiding and playing with it :roll2:.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing your new CBI and ring! It is nice to hear your story, thanks for sharing it. Wink & John and the whole HPD/CBI team are wonderful. I hope I get to meet you in the future at a CBI get together. Hugs to you!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @RunningwithScissors! I agree they are a great team and going to a GTG would be a welcome event after all this sheltering in place.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following!!
Can’t wait to see your new CBI sparkler!!! :cool2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely story, looking forward to seeing the new ring :dance:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you're going to love your Crafted by Infinity diamond.
It's a superb cut!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure you're going to love your Crafted by Infinity diamond.
It's a superb cut!

Thanks Kenny! It’s a pretty safe bet isn’t it? That’s what I’m counting on :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You won't regret this choice - can't wait to see your new diamond!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MissGotRocks! Fingers crossed...I don’t think I will regret my decision.

I made a similar decision a few years back. I traded in a diamond for the opportunity to own an ACA. I like your ‘swallow hard’ description and I surely understand it. However, I have never regretted the decision and in fact have already upgraded that diamond. It was the culmination of many years of trades trying to reach some sort of pinnacle that existed but was out of my reach. When the possibility arose, I jumped at the chance! I share this because it has similarities to your experience. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on your new CBI diamond!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I really appreciate you sharing this part of your story with me @MissGotRocks. It’s part of what makes you a great prosumer. I know you’ve helped a lot of people here on Pricescope!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate you sharing this part of your story with me @MissGotRocks. It’s part of what makes you a great prosumer. I know you’ve helped a lot of people here on Pricescope!

Aww, thank you. PS is just the place where folks understand one another in a way that most people in our every day lives don't get. You could find three friends to try to explain it all to and two minutes in, their eyes start to glaze over - lol!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new stone. I can't wait to see it. What setting did you choose from Stuller?
I too was on the a bit of a journey with my main stone. At times I felt like I was the ball in a pin ball machine. One day I had my "suck it up buttercup" moment & decided to buy an ACA. 4 stones later (:lol:), it was definitely the right decision to go with WF. Don't feel weird once you get your ring & stare at it ALL THE TIME. It's normal.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @ccuheartnurse,

Suck it up buttercup :lol-2::lol::mrgreen2:! Funny to hear about the different ways we come to our upgrade at any cost moment in search of sparkling perfection. I often wonder what it is about that sparkling elixer that diamonds give that we need to sip on throughout the day.

To answer your question, it’s funny to me that I went with a yellow gold setting after 30 plus years of avoiding it. I have so many age spots now that my coloring has actually changed lol.

I went with this setting as it will give me a little more finger coverage with my small stone, plus I just really enjoy all the lines. It’s a bit retro or maybe just classic to my eye, like something my grandfather might have worn.

78CF4128-FE91-441E-B346-2C84803A3619.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the ring he did wear which HPD remodeled for me last year. I imagine they’ll look nice together on opposite hands.

012D10B8-BE2E-49E2-8790-47A92F2FE13F.jpeg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @ccuheartnurse,

Suck it up buttercup :lol-2::lol::mrgreen2:! Funny to hear about the different ways we come to our upgrade at any cost moment in search of sparkling perfection. I often wonder what it is about that sparkling elixer that diamonds give that we need to sip on throughout the day.

To answer your question, it’s funny to me that I went with a yellow gold setting after 30 plus years of avoiding it. I have so many age spots now that my coloring has actually changed lol.

I went with this setting as it will give me a little more finger coverage with my small stone, plus I just really enjoy all the lines. It’s a bit retro or maybe just classic to my eye, like something my grandfather might have worn.

78CF4128-FE91-441E-B346-2C84803A3619.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the ring he did wear which HPD remodeled for me last year. I imagine they’ll look nice together on opposite hands.

012D10B8-BE2E-49E2-8790-47A92F2FE13F.jpeg

I love your grandfather's ring! It looks retro but your new setting looks classic and timeless to me. Enjoy them both!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like that ring. You're right, it does have a retro vibe. My dad & uncle's engagement rings are similar, both from 1962 & 1967. Your ring reminds me of their rings. :)) I agree that the bezels will maximize finger coverage. Stuller has some nice men's style rings.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @ccuheartnurse! I’m glad you like it and it stirred up a nice memory for you. There just aren’t that many options out there for men.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results