shape
carat
color
clarity

My Roberto Coin *Cento* diamond band.... at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Indy! Do you plan to wear it with the Beastie as you new wedding band? It looks like a million bucks in that combo.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love both rings, and what a cool new diamond cut - great look!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Canuk, the bands that Bulgari sells to go with the Corona are kind of boring / ugly. The one that looks nicest is the scattered diamond one (like the Tiff etoile) but I'm 90% sure that's going to look seriously dated pretty soon! What I would really love is a pair of studs in the Corona settings and a pendant. SO SLICK! But so expensive.
38.gif

RxTech, it is a nice fluid arty setting. Not to everyones' taste because it's so bulky, but in person it is really lovely and endlessly interesting. From some angles it does look just like a crown (as the name 'corona') and from some it looks like a tulip unfolding. Sometimes it looks like the round toes of a frog even! Or the diamond can look like it's 'splashing' into the metal, with the prongs being the splash drops. It's kind of a sculptural ring from that perspective. Never bores me. Not the daintiest I've ever seen, but I really love it! I can see if I can dig up some more pics of it for you.

MissGotRocks, thanks! I tried many different size stones, and decided that 8 pointers were very Goldilocks-liscious. Not too big (so as to overpower my center stone, as you rightly note), not too small! Juuuuust right.
41.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 11:10:38 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Love it Indy! Do you plan to wear it with the Beastie as you new wedding band? It looks like a million bucks in that combo.

Yup! I was wearing all three together until a week or so ago when I started getting too prego-puffy for so much platinum (plus, the original band is a mite smaller than a 4, and so a little too tight to begin with!). It was our plan all along for me to get a diamond band, but we just couldn''t afford it until this deal came along (actually, beyond the discounts, we only ended up PAYING $140 in cash, because we had tonnes of gift cards left over from the wedding!). So hubby presented this band to me ceremoniously and placed it on my finger so that it would feel like a proper wedding (or 3 month anniversary?) band.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Those two rings look made for each other! Great ring; nice sparkle; unique from all the rest; it''s perfect!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, they look marvelous together! Congratulations.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOORAY, I''m so glad you were able to get your diamond band!! It looks great with the "beast"
2.gif
!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Holly, I''m so glad it''s unique. Having a ring that is just as unusual and complicated and refined and sturdy as DH himself feels quite romantic.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2008 1:42:32 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks everyone!

Canuk, the bands that Bulgari sells to go with the Corona are kind of boring / ugly. The one that looks nicest is the scattered diamond one (like the Tiff etoile) but I''m 90% sure that''s going to look seriously dated pretty soon! What I would really love is a pair of studs in the Corona settings and a pendant. SO SLICK! But so expensive.
38.gif
HI:

We missed seeing them IRL while in the boutique, and I cannot get them here (or online). The pictures (plain, scattered and pave row) looked very nice--the curve works well with my square ring--as I''ve tried n other styles. I''ll take your word of it--and look for something else!

cheers--Sharon

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Canuck! If you''re planning to wear it with something else, then the plain band might be nice. It is very elegant and swoopy. It was just too much metal for me with the Beast. I would not get the pave one because it really looks surprisingly ugly in person for a Bulgari piece. But the plain one might work for you! Is there a jeweler in Calgary who can order it for you to look at?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 8:51:08 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks ladies! Holly, I''m so glad it''s unique. Having a ring that is just as unusual and complicated and refined and sturdy as DH himself feels quite romantic.
Awww.
5.gif
I popped in to say that the band is just gorgeous, but this comment sidetracked me with its sweetness. A lovely wedding set to compliment a lovely relationship!
1.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YEY Indy! Great new piece - I love them together! what a great distraction for you
2.gif

Enjoy that beauty. i love the U-prongs too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results