shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is ready!!

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
I finally got word today from Yekutiel at IDJ that my ring is ready! I cannot express how pleased I am with him and IDJ and all the work that he has put into this ring for me, making it exactly how I wanted it. I will have it in my hands next week! But, for now here are the pictures that I have, plus a short clip.
She didn't have a chance to polish the diamonds, so they may be a tad bid smudgy, but I think they still look great!

img_4834.jpg
img_4846.jpg

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMKhQgv6Mu8&feature=youtu.be

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it turned out GREAT!!! :love: :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That ring is amazingly sparkly. I love the arrows. You have to return with hand pics and a proper SMTB thread.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
sortmon|1363665548|3408375 said:
Holy moly! That ring is amazingly sparkly. I love the arrows. You have to return with hand pics and a proper SMTB thread.

Oh you know I will. Although, she won't be seeing this for another 2-3 months!! I don't know how I am going to wait that long.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then don't! You can always come up with plan B and do it sooner! :bigsmile:

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1363665781|3408380 said:

I wish it were that simple! I promise that I would do it tomorrow, but she has only met my mom and my sister one time, and we have plans to visit them both during the last weekend of April, and the second weekend of May. I'm really trying to wait until then before I pop the big question. I'm just going to put it in the gun safe, and try and forget about it for a couple months.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wbarnwell|1363665928|3408384 said:
diamondseeker2006|1363665781|3408380 said:

I wish it were that simple! I promise that I would do it tomorrow, but she has only met my mom and my sister one time, and we have plans to visit them both during the last weekend of April, and the second weekend of May. I'm really trying to wait until then before I pop the big question. I'm just going to put it in the gun safe, and try and forget about it for a couple months.

HA! Good luck!!! It's a gorgeous ring!!!!!!!! I love the setting and the prongs and those diamonds are SO bright and sparkly!!! Wonderful ring and amazing coverage!!

I personally could not wait to have that beauty on my finger! If she's the one she's the one. Life is short, better to jump in with both feet! :bigsmile:

One thing I am curious about...why were the prongs put on the arrows? A four prong could be perfectly placed in between the arrows...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly!

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
JulieN said:
holy moly!

haha I know! and thank you and EVERYONE else for helping me think through this process. I really can say confidently that this is exactly what I had in mind.

When he called me earlier today, he told me "I'm not just telling you this to reassure you, but this ring has exceeded my expectations", and I can see that he was not lying to me. I cannot wait to see it IRL.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1363666359|3408393 said:
One thing I am curious about...why were the prongs put on the arrows? A four prong could be perfectly placed in between the arrows...

You know, I wouldn't have even ever thought about that, and to be honest, I don't think it bothers me very much. But just for the sake of conversation, what difference, other than a specific aesthetic preference, would this have? I'm sure it wouldn't affect the diamonds brilliance. How noticeable would that be in real life? I know that those arrows aren't easy to see IRL anyway. How difficult would it be to have the stone rotated?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wbarnwell|1363670035|3408425 said:

You know, I wouldn't have even ever thought about that, and to be honest, I don't think it bothers me very much. But just for the sake of conversation, what difference, other than a specific aesthetic preference, would this have? I'm sure it wouldn't affect the diamonds brilliance. How noticeable would that be in real life? I know that those arrows aren't easy to see IRL anyway. How difficult would it be to have the stone rotated?

I just like things straight...maybe it's a bit OCD of me, but I prefer the second link JulieN posted with the prong in between the arrows. It may not bug others and it may just be me. It absolutely will not affect the brilliance, just something I noticed.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I like how the prongs match up to the tips of the arrows exactly actually. It seems symmetric and purposeful. Are there inclusions on the sides or around the prong areas that the prongs could be hiding? I would think IDJ would set the stone to show off the diamond's best sides.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1363670310|3408430 said:

I just like things straight...maybe it's a bit OCD of me, but I prefer the second link JulieN posted with the prong in between the arrows. It may not bug others and it may just be me. It absolutely will not affect the brilliance, just something I noticed.

Well, I'm glad that you pointed it out. That is what I really appreciate about this place. I think it is something that if my fiancee to be decides she doesn't like it then we could change it. I'm sure a local jeweler could easily take care of it.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
sortmon|1363670385|3408431 said:
I like how the prongs match up to the tips of the arrows exactly actually. It seems symmetric and purposeful. Are there inclusions on the sides or around the prong areas that the prongs could be hiding? I would think IDJ would set the stone to show off the diamond's best sides.

actually the only inclusions are two white inclusions right on the table.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I think if you prefer one look over the other, you might as well ask IDJ to change it now (unless they have a compelling reason to set it the way it is now). You seem pretty detail-oriented and it sounds like this sort of thing might bug you.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wbarnwell|1363670544|3408432 said:

Well, I'm glad that you pointed it out. That is what I really appreciate about this place. I think it is something that if my fiancee to be decides she doesn't like it then we could change it. I'm sure a local jeweler could easily take care of it.

Um...well...as sortmon pointed out, if you have any hesitation about it now, you should get it changed now. The last thing a girl wants is to get an engagement ring and have it taken away to fix something so small. I think since you're waiting so long to propose that it'd be worth correcting now. I'm sure IDJ will do what they can to fix this for you.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1363673161|3408447 said:
wbarnwell|1363670544|3408432 said:

Um...well...as sortmon pointed out, if you have any hesitation about it now, you should get it changed now. The last thing a girl wants is to get an engagement ring and have it taken away to fix something so small. I think since you're waiting so long to propose that it'd be worth correcting now. I'm sure IDJ will do what they can to fix this for you.

Like I mentioned earlier, it really doesn't bother me, and I have no idea what my girlfriend thinks about it. To be honest, she knows nothing about diamonds, and I strongly doubt that is something she would notice/care about, so I wouldn't be doing myself any favors by changing it, especially if she were to notice and preferred it as it was. Ya know?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh congratulations it turned out wonderful! goodluck on your upcoming engagment!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my golly thats great! that video could make a girl weak in the knees :lol: :lol:

cant wait to see hand shots its beautiful!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOEEEEE! That turned out fantastic!

I too hope you can find a way to propose sooner and agree if she's the one- just MAKE IT SO!

I for one LOVE :love: :love: :love: the arrow line up. It's so beautiful and deliberate and reminds me of a Compass Rose so I hope you keep it. It's not something you are going to see in most cases unless you do like they did and set up an arrow shot....and I'm guaranteeing you will have to work for that. The do this every day, I imagine. It also will not affect the sparkle. Mine is set that way and I have yet to see it IRL because I've never tried an arrow show of it. The prongs have to cover somewhere!

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
bastetcat|1363699830|3408533 said:
WOOOOEEEEE! That turned out fantastic!

I too hope you can find a way to propose sooner and agree if she's the one- just MAKE IT SO!

I for one LOVE :love: :love: :love: the arrow line up. It's so beautiful and deliberate and reminds me of a Compass Rose so I hope you keep it. It's not something you are going to see in most cases unless you do like they did and set up an arrow shot....and I'm guaranteeing you will have to work for that. The do this every day, I imagine. It also will not affect the sparkle. Mine is set that way and I have yet to see it IRL because I've never tried an arrow show of it. The prongs have to cover somewhere!

I want to! But, I committed to myself to spend those two weekends with the other two most important girls in my life and her before I do the deed. Like I said, it's going in the gun safe until then. If I had it around, then I KNOW I would go crazy!

I agree with you about the arrows, and the Compass Rose, and it doesn't bother me either. Its a coin toss, I think both ways look good to be honest. I spoke with Yekutiel this morning and he told me they did this so that I could see the whole GIA number on the girdle with a loupe. But, even if that wasn't the case, I wasn't going to change it. I think the ring looks perfect as it is.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring!!! GUN safe????????

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too gorgeous for words!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I think it makes sense to be able to see an unobstructed GIA number. It's easier to authenticate the diamond and can only help you if you ever need to resell (because you're going to upgrade :)).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
motownmama|1363702900|3408563 said:
gorgeous ring!!! GUN safe????????

Thank you! And yes, we have a safe for our guns, as well as other valuables like this. I'm a big hunter, and my guns, many of which are family heirlooms are very valuable to me. Not to mention that those along with jewelry are the first things that thieves would look for if someone were to rob my home.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Stash it in a box of ammo :bigsmile:...

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results