shape
carat
color
clarity

My Ring Finally Arrived...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wallace,

Thank you SO much for your response. You are very kind and compassionate. I am terribly sorry to hear of your ordeal. I will read the posts about it as soon as I send this off. So where do you go from here? Do you still have the diamonds and are looking for a new setting? Or are you starting from scratch? I so hope you get exactly what you're looking for! After waiting 5 months, you deserve it!!

I have a personal relationship with the woman who helped me get the diamonds and serves as a liason between me and the bench jeweler. She is a wonderful, honest person who would stop at nothing to make sure I am satisfied. I have every confidence that she will do right by me. My concern, of course, is the bench jeweler and the fact that I have sort of lost sight of what I really want. You're right that I was wanting more of an antique, delicate looking ring like the one in the original picture. I found that photo on an antique jewelry store website. What I really want, though, is a LOW setting. I'm with you that it can never be too low. I want a subtle rise and fall, not the towering inferno look. I just hope it can be done.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Let's stay in touch through this process and get through it together.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wallace,

I just read your thread about your ering. I am SO sorry. That sounds so horrible, but I am so glad you got your money back. Tell me how the diamond search is going and what kind of setting you'd like.

And good job on getting what was owed you!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear your ring-making experience was not as expected. I got so used to this 'tweaking' process that it does not bother me anymore. I have all my jewelry made and the process is quite involved - not at all as shopping. You must have had to decorate a house or have something built on order - having jewelry made is about the same. Always better to make your own
2.gif

I sincerely believe your ring is on the right track. Besides, chances are no ready made would have been just right, and there is no recourse with those!

best of luck
1.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hey Demelza - so happy to hear from you - I told my bf - well finace, actually (so easy to forget without that little reminder tied to your finger
wink2.gif
about you tonight. He couldn't believe it. If this happened to you ten years ago or a year ago it would be amazing - but practically the same week! I am glad we are here to help each other.

That's great - Towering Inferno - so I christen your ring! You will be fine by the end of this becuase you can keep your sense of humour! I am glad to hear that you have a friendship with your jeweler that you feel comfortable with. I didn't know the situation between jeweler and bench boy (that's all he deserves for that job). This makes the situation much more manageable and you are fortunate. Can she not just get you another smith? Does she only work with this bench jeweler? I hope you can try work it out- even give the guy another chance - but be clear about what will resolve the situation for you. If you are clear and it does not happen - you may have start considering some other options with your jeweler...

Can they raize the towering inferno? Have they told you yet that the central setting can be re-worked lower?

Oh, Yeah! I saw your earlier links on E-W orientation - STUNNING - just to-die-for elegance and simplicity. It defines refinement without pretension. Wear that in the subway or in St. Barth's - with Jeans or vintage Chanel - it screams unique while remaining traditional - it is daring without being ostentaceous. Love it! The neo-classicism of Deco is perfectly demonstrated in this arrangement. It's modern and antique at the same time. (IMO - FABU)!

Let us know how things are coming along.

wallace

Shiny_Rock
What happened to my quotation - please be aware that the advertisement as signature is not mine. Remember the animals!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wallace,

I just sent you a PM
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results