shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My right hand Mom and children celebration ring

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I want to introduce the ring project that brought me to Pricescope. Last spring when I noticed I expected another baby, I started planning a ring that would celebrate becoming a "double-mommy".

This is my Mom-ring. The two sapphires represent my children, whose names and birth dates are engraved in the setting. When I showed the ring to my toddler son, he immediately asked - Where is Daddy''s stone? So the flowers now symbolize myself and my husband My thought with the flowers was that as it is customary to celebrate the birth of children with flowers, this is my celebratory arrangement of flowers, that will remind me of this time that my children are small.

mommyandchildrenring.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I just followed you here from Colored Stones; please say you have more pics?!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The sapphires are from The Natural Sapphire Company. An unheated pink cushion cut 0.89 carats and an also unheated blue 0.97 carats princess cut sapphire. I''m pleased with them, they are the first loose gemstones I''ve ever bought all by myself. The pastel colors symbolize my baby daughter and my toddler son beautifully. In this ring they''ll always be babies
1.gif

The setting, which I adore, is by Annette Tillander click here for her website

She''s a talented designer, who is so nice to work with and immediately understood what I sought after.

mommyandchildrenringsideprofile.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cellentani,

wow, you were fast! I''m uploading as we speak
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a closeup. The ring looks like a miniature sculpture. The flowers are made of small diamonds, maybe 0.10? I don''t have the specs yet.

mommyandchildrenringclose.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I remember when I got the sapphires, I was afraid to take them out of their bags. But then I did and spent many evenings just ogling. I missed them when they were being set!

mommyandchildrenring1sculpt.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here you can see the name of my son, engraved in the shank (?) of the stone. When you turn the ring and look inside it, his birth date is engraved there. I love how comfortable the ring is!

mommygreatfit.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! What a lovely ring with a beautiful sentiment behind it! I love the milgraining, the detail, the sapphires - all of it! And how sweet of your son to ask where Daddy''s stone was!!!! Aw!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I usually hate mom-rings, but yours is fantastic - well done!!
36.gif
I also left a reply in CS, in case you didn''t see it.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The colors of the sapphires are pale, especially the pink one. But I adore the way they go together, and the pink is so perfect for a baby.

mommyandchildrenringlovelycolors.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the ring on a box of pink Moet et Chandon champagne. This photo shows the graceful curve that the ring makes.

mommyandchildrenringgracefulcurve.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is in its box
9.gif

mommyinitsbox.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another view...

mommyandmoetchandon.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here the colors just pop!

mommyringcolorspop.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another one of it in its box...

mommyrinitsboxheadon.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The back view...

mommyrmoetchandonback.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here you can see my daughter''s name engraved.
1.gif
I love the designer because she''s as perfectionistic as I am, so imperfections are down to none.

mommyandchildrenring1behind.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The last handshot, this is the palest that the colors look. This is not the sparkliest of rings, but it has a kind of languid grace, and the stones have delightful flashes of color. Yum.

Thankyou for looking, I hope you enjoyed it
1.gif

mommyhandshot.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani Thankyou Cellentani, I really appreciate it. I thought that a beautiful ring to celebrate this stage of life would really be something I deserve. I still think so, especially the days when it''s just crying & poo and pee and not so much else. Then I''ll be comforted by musing on my ring, I think.

geckodani Thankyou
9.gif
I love it too. I think I''ll be stumbling around in the playing field, just looking at my ring.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
"Languid grace" is a perfect description. I keep coming back to look, and am rewarded with more pics. I especially love that one on the champagne box - it really does show the graceful curve of the shank. It''s been a wonderful diversion for me this morning; thank you for sharing your well-deserved piece.

PS - I remember well the days of crying and poo, and stopped to realize at one point that I had changed diapers every day for 15 years. I wish I''d had a beautiful treasure on my finger back then - might have made the days just a bit sweeter.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh cellentani, I''m sitting here laughing out loud out of sympathy and just knowing exactly where you come from!!!

I''ll have to go buy flowers next in order to get the flower shot.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and fantastically executed. Love it.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful idea! Sentimental, gorgeous & unique. It looks amazing on your hand.
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! That is such a stunning mom ring! I love the curves of it and the combination of the different shapes and colors. She did an amazing job on it for you and every little detail is perfect. Love it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s exquisite, a one-of-a-kind masterpiece! Congratulations to you and your designer for thinking outside of the box!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I love the colours, the style and especially how unique it is!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and so precious with the pink and blue! And I love her website - her work is beautiful!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love this! I love that link you posted in Colored Stones to the designer, too. So pretty!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love it, absolutely graceful and so so special.

Did you help design it tiger?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and lovely symbolism
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results