shape
carat
color
clarity

My radiant engagement ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Icelady, yes I was using my macro setting with the idealscope sans pink part pic. I tried to do it alone without my tripod so either I'll use that next time or make Jeff take them while I just model!
Here is one of the GIA cert...If anyone's seen this facet diagram let me know! I guess its not the 'classic radiant' but I like that it does have somewhat of a clean look like you mentioned Nicrez.

cert3.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Also, I can see that one of the prongs does not completely cover one of the cut corners. It is the one on the top left in this picture. Should I be worried? Get it reset?

Colleen

ting10.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Colleen, that is a classic Radiant cut pattern, but as I suspected your stone has a more unique cut than mentioned on GIA. They can't recreate each facet and how they are arranged, so they put down whatever is closest. I suppose it was more classic radiant starburst than the princess cut, but you seem to have gotten the best of both worlds and a truly UNIQUE stone!
2.gif
naughty.gif
love.gif
9.gif
I don't mind any more close ups...you know I am obsessed, and i would gladly take a gander at any more...
eek.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Colleen, I posted some more pics on my ring thread to show the cracked glass look. Notice how yours looks much cleaner and less like cracked glass...what a truly unique look yours has! I wish I could see the pavillion pattern!!!
sad.gif
You took some great shots though thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

Anyway, your stone is so perfectly square and lovely and the setting you chose is just wonderful! ENJOY!!!
love.gif
(I am a little radiant batty, I know...)

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
A big hearty congratulations Colleen!!! Your e-ring is uniquely wonderful, gotta love the radiants too! Go fancy shapes GO!
love.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Colleen, just found this thread. Beautiful ring. I love the setting and that radiant is unique. Just beautiful. Wear it in health and always happy times.

Shay

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Shay and Tomatoe!
I'm not sure I mentioned the setting before but it is by Coast. I fell in love with it at first site, the engraving somewhat matches a cuff bracelet I have and Coast doesn't seem to produce the pattern anymore
confused.gif
We were going through a lot of trouble photocopying the setting for the engraving when we thought we had to get the setting custom-made to fit a square stone...but 4 months later the jeweler seemed to have no problem setting it as is and thus my honey was able to surprise me!
love.gif

Cheers!
Colleen

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Colleen, your ring is beautiful! Congrats on your engagement! Your man definitely did good
appl.gif
. I am new at this so everyone bare with me! I enjoy looking at everyone's rings, it has become an everyday, well every hour task I must do
9.gif
I hope someday soon I can share mine with all of you also! And Colleen, did the diamond come from Bob at Whiteflash? Just wondering, because that is who we have been talking with about an emerald cut diamond and custom setting. But I noticed you said the setting came from Coast. Anyhow, hope to chat with more of you, you all are so informative!!

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, neither came from WF. We would have loved to work with them, but my boyfriend found a stone he really liked, that met the # specs I gave him, at a local B&M. He was really proud of his little find so I knew we were going to end up bringing that baby home! The trouble was the setting...which I started seeking Bob's help on. Unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend finally got the first setting I ever saw and fell in love with, to work with the stone he found. We got the November price on the platinum, which made it a done deal. Bob would definitely be a great way to go now because their curtesy, workmanship, and willingness to help is just amazing! And the price (for what I wanted) was almost too good to be true! I'm sure he will come up with something lovely for you!!

Let us know how it goes!
Colleen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results