shape
carat
color
clarity

My radiant engagement ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am very excited to share my great news with you! I got engaged yesterday! My boyfriend flew in from NJ to CO and after we got back to my place he was unusually excited to go look at settings...as many of you can understand, looking for a radiant stone, in platinum, with sidestones...etc has been very difficult. I actually had been making arrangements with Bob at Whiteflash to make a custom setting for us, which I am very greatful to him for! And the kicker is we were on our way out the door to go look at settings a local jeweler had gotten in for us. I had one arm in my coat when Jeff said, "I have a better idea about the ring" and I looked over and he was down on one knee!! I was shocked to say the least! I had no idea it could be this soon and especially with him letting me explore other setting options! He was sneaky!

Ok here come the pics...we''re trying to see if it worked!

Colleen

small1.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Here are the specs until I can get some more pics to work! Grrr!

Radiant
GIA
.86ct
5.54x5.4x3.72
F VS1
Table 67%
Depth 68.9%
Polish Ex
Symmetry VG
Girdle STK -TK
Fluor None
Culet None

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your ring..
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, CMwill, it looks huge on your finger!

Best wishes to you, and Congrats to your fiancee, may your ring shine brightly for both of you forever!

win

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty. What a nice surprise, huh?

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Very NICE!!!
21.gif

Congrats and happy planning!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty . Congratulations!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Colleen! That is beautiful!!
9.gif

I LOVE RADIANTS!! That one looks particularly HUGE on your hand! And the setting is just gorgeous!
appl.gif

Congrats and we can always use more pics!!

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your compliments! I'm having trouble loading more pics onto the site- something about the file name already being used, even though I named it differently than the first. Any ideas? I'm searching for threads on loading pictures but haven't seen this error message yet.

Thanks guys!
Colleen

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Ok here's one that worked...I have no idea what I did though!

1.gif

ting 3.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Another...

ting9.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Another....

ting8.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a great surprise Colleen! Sneaky, but sweet
2.gif
. It's a beautiful ring -- both the stone and the setting. Best wishes on your engagement!

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind words everyone! The PS community has been such a saving grace as far as this project was concerned. I learned so much just reading all of your stories and suggestions, and then so much from "the radiant ladies"
1.gif

I thought I would be sad once it came because I wouldn't be searching anymore...but there's the wedding band! And now I get to find Jeff's band too
love.gif

Thank you all so much! I'm never leaving PS!

wallace

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOOOOOH! Beautiful! Congratulations! I am a big fan of square cuts - and that setting shows it off so marvelously!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting! Congrats on your engagement!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
COLEEN! You got your RADIANT!!! YAAAAAYYY!!! How wonderful! It's just lovely! MORE PICTURES! Try using a magnifying glass in front of your camer's lense and adjust the distance from the ring to get it nice and clear. You can get some good close ups that way!

CONGRATS!!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!! What a lovely rock! (and it DOES look huge on you!) Sneaky men!
2.gif
Seems he did good, eh?!!
naughty.gif

uclaure

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I am currently shopping around for either a princess or radiant stone in the same carat size neighborhood as yours. I wanted to know how much you paid for your and where you got it from.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Nic! You were such a huge help in my learning experience! Priceless!
UC- I PMed you...
1.gif

I'm going to try your idea Nic, my idealscope 'pink cone' part slides out nicely so I'm going to take some pics through the clear part. I want to get some pics that represent how white the stone is...my mom thought the setting was gold (she's only seen pics since I'm in CO right now) so if that setting looks gold the stone must look pretty yellow itself!

Stay tuned!

Colleen
love.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Coleen, so excited for you!!! I hope I helped, but Lord knows, finding a radiant is an experience!!! You learned so much and look what a lovely stone you guys got!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!! YAYYY!!!
appl.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
We got 5 inches of snow in CO on Friday-Saturday...here's a pic when the sun finally came out on Easter!

ting3.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Trying to capture sparkle with no luck!
sad.gif

ting4.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
with the idealscope minus pink part

ting6.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
a whiter one

ting7.JPG

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Last one promise! An amateur idealscope pic.
wink2.gif

ting17.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Deos it have a princess cut on the pavillion? It's a unique stone, and I am so jealous how SQUARE it is!!! I love the pictures outside with all that lovely white light.

No confusion on that setting being anything BUT white! Great shots Coleen!!! I love the pics! YAY RADIANTS!!!!
appl.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Its got one X in the center, surrounded by a starburst pattern...it doesn't seem to have a crunched glass look though. When I get to lab today I'll scan the inclusion plot...but Ana told me that they're not exact, just what matches the closest.
The lab also has some great lighting conditions, I forgot to bring my camera yesterday, but I'll bring it today and add to the proud mama's collection I have going here!
2.gif

Colleen

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Interesting! THe GIA plots give rough estimates and can not really give a good EXACT detail of cut. Strange, but frankly, to each person, some cuts are more favorable.

My friend was dying for a cut cornered princess...I liked the star burst with no X, for the cracked glass look, but when my friend saw it, she preferred the "neatness" of the Xs in the cut-cornered princess...to each his own...

I can't wait to see more pictures! I really want to see the sparkle patterns, so the closer you can photograph the better! WOW!
love.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Colleen,

All of your pictures look great! I especially like the one with the idealscope minus the pink thing. Did you have your camera on the macro setting for that one?

Very, very pretty stone and ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results