shape
carat
color
clarity

My perfect-for-me princess Amora!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past June. As a way of marking the occasion, we decided it was time for some big bling that wouldn't break the bank. I have two gorgeous round diamonds, a .67ct in a Vatche Grace halo, and a 1.27ct in another Vatche design. I wanted something big and different, in a setting from the era in which my husband and I got engaged, that I wouldn't have to worry about as much as I do my treasured diamonds. I lost a 1.61ct round diamond 14 years ago, and it's not something I ever care to repeat. Insurance can't replace sentimental value, so I am very overprotective of my ideal cut diamonds.

Seeing gorgeous designs on the daily makes me a little indecisive when it comes to something I could commit to for many years to come (read: PICKY!) :lol: After many years of delicate (which I love on the daily for how comfortable they are), I wanted bold. I still adore my narrow rings, but wanted something typical for the area I grew up in (northern Bergen County, NJ), and that's exactly what I found! The semi-mount is an invisible setting, with two carats of natural diamond princess and emerald cuts in 18kwg. The band is a temporary band until another big occasion rolls around and I get a matching band custom made, but the mix of cuts is growing on me. I think the band has somewhere between .75 and a carat worth of rounds, but the reason I chose it (second hand, and relatively cheap) was because I needed a bolder band that had some height to go with the new semi-mount. The center stone is a 4.85 carat, F-Internally Flawless princess cut Amora Gem measuring a little over 9mm. Despite the ease of picking out the semi-mount once I stumbled across the right one, there is always the whole anguish of having it sized, getting the right head, waiting for the stone to be set, etc. I look at it this way - doing a project of my own every now and then keeps me grounded and allows me to feel my client's pain as they wait for their own treasures. :bigsmile:

In this shot, the stone is reflecting the colors of my shirt, which was a white background with mottled red, orange, purple and black spots.

4.85 F-IF PC Amora.png

Finally, the ring...
Bright sunlight
Up close and personal.jpg

and while waiting for the kids' bus.
sun shot.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Such a beautiful and large ring! Amora gem? Maybe I'll look that one up. Enjoy your lovely ring.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah... get out!! Truly stunning :appl:

Btw, I love that you wanted to give a nod to your "go big or go home" Jersey roots. That is awesome - lol!!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. It's like a wall of bling!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Love how fiery it is! Happy anniversary :)

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning stone and gorgeous set! Congratulations and happy 15th anniversary!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats alot of ring! very pretty and sparkly!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had that exact setting for my MRB, I've reset it 3x since then but I wish I had the one you have I love it!! happy anniversary.. many more to you and your husband!!

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past June. As a way of marking the occasion, we decided it was time for some big bling that wouldn't break the bank. I have two gorgeous round diamonds, a .67ct in a Vatche Grace halo, and a 1.27ct in another Vatche design. I wanted something big and different, in a setting from the era in which my husband and I got engaged, that I wouldn't have to worry about as much as I do my treasured diamonds. I lost a 1.61ct round diamond 14 years ago, and it's not something I ever care to repeat. Insurance can't replace sentimental value, so I am very overprotective of my ideal cut diamonds.

Seeing gorgeous designs on the daily makes me a little indecisive when it comes to something I could commit to for many years to come (read: PICKY!) :lol: After many years of delicate (which I love on the daily for how comfortable they are), I wanted bold. I still adore my narrow rings, but wanted something typical for the area I grew up in (northern Bergen County, NJ), and that's exactly what I found! The semi-mount is an invisible setting, with two carats of natural diamond princess and emerald cuts in 18kwg. The band is a temporary band until another big occasion rolls around and I get a matching band custom made, but the mix of cuts is growing on me. I think the band has somewhere between .75 and a carat worth of rounds, but the reason I chose it (second hand, and relatively cheap) was because I needed a bolder band that had some height to go with the new semi-mount. The center stone is a 4.85 carat, F-Internally Flawless princess cut Amora Gem measuring a little over 9mm. Despite the ease of picking out the semi-mount once I stumbled across the right one, there is always the whole anguish of having it sized, getting the right head, waiting for the stone to be set, etc. I look at it this way - doing a project of my own every now and then keeps me grounded and allows me to feel my client's pain as they wait for their own treasures. :bigsmile:

In this shot, the stone is reflecting the colors of my shirt, which was a white background with mottled red, orange, purple and black spots.

4.85 F-IF PC Amora.png

Finally, the ring...
Bright sunlight
Up close and personal.jpg

and while waiting for the kids' bus.
sun shot.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
It is perfect with the princess cut.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one fabulous wall of bling! Congratulations on your anniversary!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so blingy and just gorgeous! Congrats on your anniversary. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results