shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pearl Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 12:21:41 AM
Author: szh07
Phoenix, your pearls are beautiful! I especially love your lavender strand. It looks amazing on you!
So sweet of you. Thank you.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 5:32:49 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Very nice collection, pearls really suit you!
Thank you so much. Do you really think so? I didn''t wear pearls for *years* and have only just really started wearing them recently, since PS really. So, thanks, PS''ers!
1.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 12:02:16 AM
Author: Phoenix
Date: 10/12/2009 9:41:25 PM

Author: DiaDiva

Date: 10/12/2009 5:00:43 AM

Wow, that was HUGE!
1.gif

Freshies..white...

Beautiful pearls, girl!

This is such a great statement strand. And may I say (in a non-creepy way) that you have a very nice neck...

9.gif

Thank you, girlfriend, for both of your compliments. And no, it''s not creepy at all! I''m very flattered!
1.gif
But my neck is nowhere as long and as swan-like as yours.
8.gif

The white freshies are not bad, I guess. I''d still like to have a SS strand some day.
11.gif

So glad to ''see'' you. Is it my imagination or have you been MIA these last couple of weeks? I thought perhaps you were busy preparing for your trip back home to Singers.

Hahaha...I''ve been on vacation from my vacation! I went to visit my cousins in Seattle and Vancouver and as soon as I got back, DH and I drove to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. It was beautiful but very foggy on some days so we didn''t get to see much on those days. We just got back last night and as you can tell, I was already back on PS.

Yes, I need to start packing this weekend for the stuff that we''re going to ship back to SG
7.gif
but I want to do it myself as we''re not bringing everything back.

How''s SH? You settling in well now?

China is fantastic for FW pearl shopping but the problem is I don''t know who''s reputable and who''s not.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
love your pearls

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello there PS'ers!
36.gif

I feel so happy today
9.gif
. It's amazing how little material things can really lift one's spirit!

I went to Pearl City again this afternoon and bought a few more things, namely:

1) one pair of drop-shaped golden SS pearls (yes, my second pair - I couldn't resit it!
31.gif

2 one pair of baroque Tahitians
3) a strand of baroque Tahitians, very similar to these (maybe slight lower quality - but no matter, I paid half of PP's listed price and that was with very little negotiation, I should've tried harder to get them to go lower - I know I know I'm a cheapie
2.gif
):
http://www.pearlparadise.com/18-inch-AA%2b-84-108-mm-Tahitian-Baroque-Pearl-Necklace1916.aspx
4) yet another strand of Tahitians, this time drop-shaped Tahitians, similar to these (the lustre is just incredilble and again I paid about half of PP price):
http://www.pearlparadise.com/18inch-AAAAA-81109-mm-Drop-Tahitian-Pearl-Necklace3044.aspx
5) 3-strand Akoya bracket: beautiful lustre and rich orient!
1.gif
I loved these so much I ordered a 60" necklace, which should arrive fairly soon.

I also saw a strand of ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, THE *MOST* GORGEOUS Tahitians I've ever laid eyes on. They're perfectly round, AAA quality, no blemish that I can readily seen (I forgot my diamond loupe, LOL), have incredible incredible lustre (highly glossy, highly metallic), mirror-like surface, deep green saturation with an amazing peacock overtone. And they're larger too, for Tahitians, I didn't have them measured but they looked like they're about 10-12mm. I tell you, I was droooooooling, BIG TIME!! I never knew you could fall in love head over heals with pearls, LOL! I'm totally and seriously in
30.gif
with these. Honestly, I have *NEVER* seen anything like these, on any of the websites or IRL 'til now. The only drawback?!! They're so darn expensive, even more so than some of the white and golden SS necklaces I've seen. I want these sooooooooo badly!!
6.gif
Hey, hubby, my birthday is coming up soon, he he!!
11.gif
9.gif

Will post pics of what I've bought today soon. I've also got some others that I haven't posted yet.....Soon, my PS friends, soon....
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 11:00:10 AM

Date: 10/13/2009 12:02:16 AM

Hahaha...I''ve been on vacation from my vacation! I went to visit my cousins in Seattle and Vancouver and as soon as I got back, DH and I drove to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. It was beautiful but very foggy on some days so we didn''t get to see much on those days. We just got back last night and as you can tell, I was already back on PS.

Yes, I need to start packing this weekend for the stuff that we''re going to ship back to SG
7.gif
but I want to do it myself as we''re not bringing everything back.

How''s SH? You settling in well now?

China is fantastic for FW pearl shopping but the problem is I don''t know who''s reputable and who''s not.
Hey there, girlfriend
36.gif

Good for you! Your holiday sounds great!!

I bet you''re looking forward to going home, are you?

Thanks for asking about SH. I''m settling in....very very slowly though....I still miss SG horribly and I am sure we''ll go back there eventually.

It''s great that China has great pearls and competitive prices. I agree that it can be a bit of a daunting task and you do have to sift through the stuff... there''re loads of rubbish but also lots of beautiful and amazing pieces. I do think you have to do your homework and take your time as well as take a bit of a risk, but you you know what, most things are so inexpensive, it''s not really much of a risk (not unless you buy the Tahitians I just posted about though, LOL).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 11:21:50 AM
Author: dragonfly411
love your pearls
Thank you.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Item no 3 in the list above - baroque Tahitians...

It's so weird, these pearls are quite rich silvery green IRL but show up as teal blue here!
33.gif

Baroque Tahitians.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Item no 4 - beautiful silvery gren Tahitians..or should I say greenish silver...quite highly metallic..gorgeous!
30.gif

Off-round Tahitians.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 1:14:25 AM
Author: swedish bean
18.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif
31.gif

You have the best pearls!!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went overboard and bought a large golden SS (abt 17mm, maybe a bit less) pearl today!! YAY
36.gif

Once again, the colour is a bit "off". IRL the pearl is a lighter golden colour (not peachy like in the pic).

I think I my watch budget has now all been used up!
31.gif

BG SS.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my golden SS together!
30.gif

IRL, the pearls look *exactly* like they do in this pic....colouring-wise, spot on!
1.gif

Golden SS Pearls.jpg

Date: 10/16/2009 5:27:23 AM
I went overboard and bought a large golden SS (abt 17mm, maybe a bit less) pearl today!! YAY
36.gif

Once again, the colour is a bit ''off''. IRL the pearl is a lighter golden colour (not peachy like in the pic).

31.gif

Wowza that''s huge! What are your plans for it??
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix dear, your new necklaces and pearls are just divine! Love them!!!!!!!!

I just bought a new pair of tahitian earrings from Elana, will share them when they arrive soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 1:55:55 PM
Phoenix dear, your new necklaces and pearls are just divine! Love them!!!!!!!!

I just bought a new pair of tahitian earrings from Elana, will share them when they arrive soon.
Thank you, sweetie. I love them too, he he!
1.gif

Your earrings sound great too. Can''t wait to see pics. When do they arrive? Elana does have some really yummy stuff on her website!
18.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 7:29:38 AM

36.gif

Once again, the colour is a bit 'off'. IRL the pearl is a lighter golden colour (not peachy like in the pic).

31.gif

Wowza that's huge! What are your plans for it??
30.gif
Thank you!
1.gif

Yes, it is huge, isn't it?
2.gif
I'm thinking of having it set in a pendant, possibly with my 1.52ct FY cushion diamond. I originally thought I might have it set in a ring but recently wondered if the diamond was too small, hence the plan to put it in pendant with the golden SS. I think the diamond could be bezelled with 18k yellow gold and then halo'ed with white melee and hang above / on top (?) of the SS. Then the whole pendant would hang from a DBTY necklace, made of 18k white gold and 4 pointer white diamonds, bezelled also with WG. I like the idea of mixing yellows and whites together. Not sure how it'll end up looking but that's the plan for the time being!
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, talk about mirror surface! I can see you reflected in those lovely pearls.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, I''m just in awe of your collection, and so jealous of your access to so many pearls! You''ve got great taste, and I agree with the other posters that you wear pearls very well. I know you''re looking for some custom earring ideas, but honestly, I''m so in love with the pearl charms you had made for your diamond studs that it''s hard for me to think of anything that would be better! I think a few of us copied that idea too, just a much smaller scale. Thanks for posting pics - wonderful eye candy!

Date: 10/16/2009 9:18:23 PM
Date: 10/16/2009 7:29:38 AM

36.gif

Once again, the colour is a bit ''off''. IRL the pearl is a lighter golden colour (not peachy like in the pic).

31.gif

Wowza that''s huge! What are your plans for it??

30.gif

Thank you!
1.gif

Yes, it is huge, isn''t it?
2.gif
I''m thinking of having it set in a pendant, possibly with my 1.52ct FY cushion diamond. I originally thought I might have it set in a ring but recently wondered if the diamond was too small, hence the plan to put it in pendant with the golden SS. I think the diamond could be bezelled with 18k yellow gold and then halo''ed with white melee and hang above / on top (?) of the SS. Then the whole pendant would hang from a DBTY necklace, made of 18k white gold and 4 pointer white diamonds, bezelled also with WG. I like the idea of mixing yellows and whites together. Not sure how it''ll end up looking but that''s the plan for the time being!
1.gif

That sounds gorgeous!!
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 9:44:26 AM
Author: cellentani
Phoenix, I'm just in awe of your collection, and so jealous of your access to so many pearls! You've got great taste, and I agree with the other posters that you wear pearls very well. I know you're looking for some custom earring ideas, but honestly, I'm so in love with the pearl charms you had made for your diamond studs that it's hard for me to think of anything that would be better! I think a few of us copied that idea too, just a much smaller scale. Thanks for posting pics - wonderful eye candy!
WOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INCREDIBLY KIND COMMENTS!!
9.gif

I'm very lucky that I have PS'ers to advise me on how to choose my pearls, and I also have a jeweller in SG that I trust.

There're so many PS'ers with beautiful collections, yours included, and I'm honoured to be in your company.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, the rest of the pics.

Drop-shaped drilled golden SS's (recent acquisition). These are smaller than my first golden SS pair. I think I'll wear them as charms to 18k YG diamond hoops (yet to be purchased
2.gif
).

Golden SS Drops.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tahitian drop-shaped dangles, on temporary silver bales (sp?). Not sure yet how I'm going to set them. They match my Tahitian drop-shaped pendant very nicely. So I will have these 3 done up as a matching set, prob with small/ melee diamonds.

Tahitian Dangles.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Akoya 3-strand bracelet. I chose them to match the necklace that hubby gave me. These are perfectly round IRL (despite them looking a little rice-shapeish in the pic!
5.gif
).

Akoya_3 Strand Bracelet.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All Akoyas together...

All Akoyas.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neckshot of the lavender and peach freshies. This is how I wear them usually.

Lavender & Peach Pearls.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last but not least, my beloved white SS dangles, without the diamond studs. They match exactly in terms of overtone, lustre, orient, size etc...but in the pic they look like they're differently sized! I think they only look like that because one pearl is placed closer to me than the other
5.gif

White SS Dangles.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's all for now, folks!
1.gif

Thanks very much to everyone for looking and for your wonderful and very kind comments.

I'm going to pause for a while. There are only 2 more strands I'd like, one of the two Tahitians I've seen in Pearl City (the first one I posted about previously and the second one, bigger and beautiful with multi colours but not as blemish-free) and a large white SS's. But I'd better stop buying any more for a while.

Watch this space though!
11.gif
2.gif
31.gif
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
More stunning pearls, Phoenix! I LOVE 3-strand bracelets in particular - they always seem so luxurious to me! How do you like the clasp that''s on it? I have a 3-strand with a fancy clasp, but was thinking about getting one like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results