shape
carat
color
clarity

My package was signed for but it is now missing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mango, I hope things work out. You are handling it well.

Keep us informed.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
mango any updates
1.gif
?

mango

Rough_Rock
Boy do I have an update!

Yesterday evening, my husband sat me on the sofa and said "close your eyes." He placed in my hands a wrapped box. Well, it was two small boxes, wrapped up. I opened up the boxes and my eyes popped out! Two loose diamonds! In BN boxes!!! I was speechless, stunned--how did he find the lost diamonds?????!!!!!!!!!

You guys will not believe what happened. The box was for some reason FEDEX'D BACK to BN!! It took from Monday to Friday to arrive. On Friday BN called my husband and said the box arrived, unopened, unmarked, what should they do with it! So my husband had them redeliver it and had it held at a FedEx station (!) and went to pick it up on Saturday. Lost on Monday, back on Saturday! Insane! My best guess is that the delivery person dropped off their usual delivery and when they picked up the pile of boxes to be taken back to FedEx, they mistakenly picked up our box. My husband thinks that someone received the box by mistake, or found it, and put it back in a FedEx drop box, but I don't think that makes sense. It would be more likely that the person would return it to the front desk, or else write something on the box like "return to sender".

But what puzzles me the most is why FedEx didn't locate the whereabouts of the box during the return... (Robin and Todd, thanks so much for the extra info, and what do you think of that!!) It could have saved us a whole lot of time and grief. The irony is that a big reason we bought at BN is that we didn't feel we had the time to shop around a lot, and that they are supposed to be very reliable, and there would be no problems!!! Its not that we are wealthy because we are not, but we have two careers and two children, another on the way, and are extremely busy... Of course, if I had to do this purchase all over again, I think you all know what I would have done differently. I am going to write a formal letter to BN and FedEx about the whole fiasco.

Oh and yes, I think I'm keeping the diamonds! It took me a while to be able to enjoy them, this whole experience was rather traumatizing...but yes they are very sparkly and nice. I'm having them set as studs in custom settings and I would love to post photos in a couple weeks when they are done, if anyone out there is interested.

Whew. Its still hard to digest all that has transpired this week. To all of you, Mara, Robin&Todd, Lawgem, Derek, to everyone on PS who has replied and gave suggestions and support -- thank you so much!

As my husband said, "All's well that ends well..."

M

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY what a great ending to a traumatizing experience. I think that you tapped into the fear that alot of us (and others) have in ordering online...what if something happens to the diamond in-transit or during delivery, what sort of insurance is there and how is that actually acted upon when something DOES happen. Very odd story indeed...a little frightening...but in the end it turned out very well!!
1.gif

Definitely post pictures of the studs when they are done...we love eye-candy!
1.gif
Do you have the specs of the stones as well..it would be fun to know that too.

Congrats and enjoy your new presents...it may be traumatizing right now...but after a little time you will be able to relax and enjoy the studs AND have an amazing story to tell!
1.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Great to hear your diamonds were found! Can't wait to see the pics!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, I came in here after it was all said and done, but I'm sure glad things worked out for you the way they did. Enjoy those earrings!
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy your diamonds... You deserve it, after such a nightmare!! Be sure to post pics!
1.gif
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy your diamonds... You deserve it, after such a nightmare!! Be sure to post pics!
1.gif
1.gif

detta

Rough_Rock
SOOO glad things worked out. And thanks for teaching all of us a valuable lesson on insurance!!!! I was very naive to the whole who's-insuring-what scenario, but will always double check things in the future!! Enjoy and post pictures!
appl.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/13/2003 12:31:03 AM mango wrote:

Boy do I have an update!

But what puzzles me the most is why FedEx didn't locate the whereabouts of the box during the return... (Robin and Todd, thanks so much for the extra info, and what do you think of that!!)----------------

Whew! Are we happy to hear that your diamonds have been found!

Okay, now that this is over, we'll explain publicly what we privately told Mango since he's asked what we think...

We explained that we use a special division of Fed Ex to ship our packages, this division is called Declared Value Exception (DVX) and it doesn't exist as far as the public is concerned. We have the capability to track our packages to the minute, as in "the package is on the truck and the truck is currently located at the corner of 47th Street and Del Mar Avenue"... DVX uses a special security team to monitor the movement of their packages and they have been able to find packages for us when the standard security team at Fed Ex could not. A few months ago, we shipped a package into Canada and Canadian Customs mixed our package up with a package from another diamond company... Well sort of, they created a new label using our information and affixed it to somebody else's box which resulted in our client receiving a parcel of forty pointers instead of our carat and a half... All the while, our package was sitting pretty in a secured Fed Ex container waiting to be delivered... Standard Fed Ex couldn't figure out what was going on, DVX had it solved in about twenty minutes. Blue Nile and several of our competitors also use DVX, our advice to Mango was to 'remind' the staff at Blue Nile tht DVX might have better luck tracking the package than the standard Fed Ex security team - sometimes we miss the obvious when a package gets lost and we automatically call the 800-Go-Fed-Ex telephone number when we should be calling the DVX security team. We did not want to mention this option publicly however until Mango's package was found in case the DVX team wanted to set up a sting operation at Mango's place of residence... If they thought that was where the package had vanished from, it would not be surprising for them to send in a second package to watch it disappear, the DVX Team LOVES to catch bad guys!
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
R&T, and here I thought this was the norm of Fedex procedures. I recally when my ring came from Florida last year, provided with a tracking number, I was able to know *exactly* where it was enroute through the internet. I was going to mention that experience, however it had already been resolved by the time I saw this. So are you saying, normal Fedex shipping doesn't have that "blow-by-blow" reporting?

I'm glad you're here, I've been meaning to ask about your daughter. How are things going?

Edited because after re-reading your post, I don't think my package came with *that* special feature afterall. Not as specific as naming a street corner. Ah well, that seems to be a great add-on for security nonetheless.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Niceice wrote: "We did not want to mention this option publicly however until Mango's package was found in case the DVX team wanted to set up a sting operation at Mango's place of residence... If they thought that was where the package had vanished from, it would not be surprising for them to send in a second package to watch it disappear, the DVX Team LOVES to catch bad guys!"

Man, its good to know they are on the job!

Getting a sweet visual of a SWAT team swooping in!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
GREAT post with tons of valuable info from all who responded. Especially the folks at Nice Ice!
1.gif
I found the thread late on Friday on my way out of town and wanted to check in for an update
read.gif

YYYAAAAAAYYYYY for Mango!
love.gif
What a wonderful heirloom story for those diamond earrings!
2.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! What a great reward after all that hooplah! NiceIce, good job as well!
appl.gif

ENJOY THOSE EARRINGS!! - and post pics as soon as you can!!
love.gif
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results