carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My orchid dreams came true: Seven Fingers + Octavia

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its here! Its here!!!!

Have you ever gotten something that felt so perfect and precious that you didnt even want to share it with anyone else? That's this ring for me. Its just so wonderful that I waited a few days to share.

Tom is everything an artist should be. Kind, easy to talk to, incredibly talented, and dedicated to his craft. We spoke on the phone and immediately I knew he understood my vision. I told him I wanted orchids and that preferably the corners of the stone to stay "open". Beyond that, I wanted to leave it to his artistic genius. He said he wanted to "let the stone tell us how it wants to be set", and see it IRL before deciding on a design. I was happy with that, because there isnt a single piece of his that I dont adore.

When he finished the ring he told me he wanted me to see it in person rather than see pics. He wanted me to see it on my hand and then tell him if any changes were needed, which I thought was amazing.

When I opened the box I was blown away. I almost cried. My fiance said, "oh my god. I've never seen a diamond sparkle like that. The setting is amazing!". @Karl_K @diagem thank you for creating the Octavia. I have never loved a stone more.

I am so happy. There are no words. Tom agreed to make my fiance a wedding band too, so we will both have pieces from him :)

My nails are horrid and of course I cut my finger the day I took pics, so I'll take nicer ones once I get a manicure :) video included!

Rough sketch from Tom as reference. This is the only drawing I got, and i was happy to trust his vision :)
701195803(1).jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hot damn. That is phenomenal, nothing short of a masterpiece. Enjoy, and so happy you shared that with us!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I have to just shout out my fiance for being a phenomenal human. This was supposed to be my engagement ring, and then his mom gifted us a family heirloom ring that I decided would be my e-ring instead.

When he saw what a masterpiece this truly is, he said I could trade off which one I wore on which hand (e-ring, RHR), and this way I'd have 2 options.

**Obviously I know I dont need his "permission" to wear the ring I want. But I think its lovely that he understands that I both love the heirloom ring AND this masterpiece.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I’m so happy for you and can’t wait to see more pictures!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: My god, it's art.
That's what it is. Art. I understand why he wanted you to see it on the hand. It's perfect and that moment for you is rare and a precious thing to get to experience. That's a whole lot of wonderful coming together at once and I'm so happy you get to own this. To happy new beginnings!

It's gorgeous. Absafrigginlutely gorgeous. 841382

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's so amazing and I agree, a total piece of art! Everything about it is perfection from the Octavia to the setting. Congratulations! I thought your other ring was amazing, now this one. Sigh..............................

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty and so unique. Wear it in good health and happiness!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing. Love the rich yellow gold against the Octavia.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece of art! Congratulations!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W:kiss2:W!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @lovedogs it’s so absolutely perfect! I mean… your stone is so very delicious but that setting is truly a work of art! I’m in love!l

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Unreal beauty. Your trust in your jeweller was well founded. Stunning artistry and astute! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is spectacular! Congratulations on your beautiful ring. Definitely a piece of art!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!!!
Whoa.
What a beaut!
So refreshingly different from yet another halo solitaire (sorry folks, but they do get tiring).
That buttery gold is pretty lovely too.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s something special @lovedogs
Truly!
Absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Congratulations on your engagement!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous, unique, and special ring! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Dang!!!! Amazing!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it’s absolutely phenomenal! I love the petals as prongs and how you can appreciate the full profile of the stone!

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Oh. My. W-O-W!!!! It is absolutely incredible @lovedogs!!!! It looks at home on your hand! I am so happy for you and have been squealing with joy! Just amazing!!
:love:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is spectacular. And that stone. Wooweee

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You chose the perfect jeweler for that once in a lifetime diamond. What a treasure and a treat for the eyes! We're so fortunate to be on this forum and see such incredible pieces.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, wow, WOW.

Did I mention wow?

That is stunning. So unique. I’m so happy for you!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you’ve got a bunch of keepers! Your man and his family seem kind and welcoming, and Octavia is a marvel, as is the artful setting.

Love following your bliss. Thanks for sharing.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, lovedogs, this is one of the most glorious rings I've ever seen on PS. :love: Everything is pure perfection.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love all of this!!!! The ring, the update, the engagement, the fact that you found someone who totally *gets* that a PSer should have multiple engagement rings! Love love love! Congrats, lovedogs. I am so happy for you. The ring is gorgeous but more than that it is simply a symbol of the beauty that is in your life right now and the courage that you had to get there.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was amazing that you found and got a diamond that you had always wanted - the Octavia! Then to have it set in such a wondrous work of art is truly icing on the cake! Could not be happier for you to have this glorious ring and a fiancé that sounds equally wonderful! Celebrate girly - life is sooo good!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results