shape
carat
color
clarity

my oec upgrade

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Looks like Kenny's bird saw that ring too. :lol:

I'd love to see a profile pic! Do you wear this ring daily or do you only wear it "out"?

Congratulations on finding your perfect stone!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Now Im not a fan of large rounds, but I'm going to make an exception for this beauty!!

You lucky duck, it's simply divine and a veeeerrrryyyy hard to find type of stone.

I can only assume you are a lady of leisure as I can't imagine that ring being suited to hard work with your hands. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Enjoy it, and ignore the jealous haters out there!!

I would personally love to see more pics, and the rest of your jewellery too!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly. That is some ring. And an OEC so very beautiful. More pics please.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Hello again
Stargurl178, risingsun, bean, farmer gal, Anne h, her mama, rubyprincess, violet3, kelpie.......thanks a lot. Soooooo glad you liked my ring :D will definitely post tons of pictures tomorrow...

MC......I will definitely post pictures of my wedding bands with the ring but I wear the ring all by itself. It looks over loaded when I pair it with a band..

Kenny, somethingshiny.....Thanks a lot guys. I love my ring too much to be worried about what ppl will say if I wear it anyway. They got used to it now and they gave up and stopped paying attention :appl:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Pinkprashu......hi there. Glad to see a fellow Indian here :love: I am originally from Hyderabad. I live in Hyderabad now but both my husband and I did our bachelors and masters in the states and moved back here...how ever, all my diamond knowledge was acquired in India. Hyderabad,Mumbai,chennai,Delhi and calcutta are big for diamonds. While diamond melee in jewelry is what you commonly see, there is a decent sized community in each of these cities that has enough knowledge about bigger diamonds and certification...

However, I must agree that awareness and understanding of larger diamonds has improved by a whole lot in the past 10 years (since interest in bigger diamonds and affordability went up during this time)...personally, I got interested in diamonds when my mom got me my first diamond ring (a .75 carat solitaire) when I was in my 7th grade in 1996...but I wasn't making any money at that point or for a long time after to pursue my interest so my parents sponsored a lot of it :naughty: :love: they still do for every birthday :bigsmile:

So where in India are you from and where do you currently live??

Will post the black beads picture tomorrow. Would Luuuuurve to see yours too.....ciao

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Rosetta....thanks a lot. Yes I do wear it on a daily basis and I do not get my hands dirty.lol...well I'm at work most of the day and I don't get my hands dirty there either. :D

And about posting the rest of my jewelry....not sure that's a good idea....I really don't want to bring anybody's mean side out (I have seen people get mean in few other threads)...the trouble is....Indians own a whole lot of jewelry as we look at it like putting it away for an extremely rainy day...gives us a sense of ease knowing that we have our jewelry to fall back on in the worst case scenario. After food and clothing, I think we buy a little bit of jewelry and then think of buying a house ect. You get the idea. That can be thought of as excessive by most people and I don't blame them :rolleyes:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love it! I look forward to more pictures.... BTW as a diamond forum we are a group of collectors and admirers--so please show us your baubles! :love:

cheers--Sharon

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1310065529|2964005 said:
HI:

Love it! I look forward to more pictures.... BTW as a diamond forum we are a group of collectors and admirers--so please show us your baubles! :love:

cheers--Sharon

I second this! You won't find a more enthusiastic bunch than us! Any mean behaviour, though extremely unlikely, can be reported to admin immediately, and the comments will be deleted. You can even have the whole thread deleted if you like. I'm doing my damnedest to convince you as a fellow south asian! :bigsmile:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icelover|1310065313|2963998 said:
Rosetta....thanks a lot. Yes I do wear it on a daily basis and I do not get my hands dirty.lol...well I'm at work most of the day and I don't get my hands dirty there either. :D

And about posting the rest of my jewelry....not sure that's a good idea....I really don't want to bring anybody's mean side out (I have seen people get mean in few other threads)...the trouble is....Indians own a whole lot of jewelry as we look at it like putting it away for an extremely rainy day...gives us a sense of ease knowing that we have our jewelry to fall back on in the worst case scenario. After food and clothing, I think we buy a little bit of jewelry and then think of buying a house ect. You get the idea. That can be thought of as excessive by most people and I don't blame them :rolleyes:

In this case, you will bring everybody's mean side out if you DON'T post the rest of your jewelry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, your ring is unbelievable...such a beauty :love:
Now, go post the rest of the bling :Up_to_something:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Does is come with sunglasses?? :lol:

Seriously stunning

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a truly spectacular stone!! Wow, how beautiful, congrats and enjoy this very special piece! :love:

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
WOWZA!!!! What an absolutely stunning stone. I love antique cuts, and wish you much happiness wearing it.

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! It's the first time I see so big OEC! Incredible! Wow! Congratulations for this spectacular beauty! :love:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
:-o :-o I am drooling all over my keyboard! :love: :love: Congratulions!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe Grace hasn't seen this. Holy moly. That big with high color - the mind wobbles.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Oh how I wish my future hubby thought this way!! :naughty: But I'd settle for an afternoon of playing in your jewelry box! :sun: Please adopt me!!!!! :halo:

I would love to see your collection, I'm sure it is absolutely amazing. Perhaps as you become more comfortable you will decide to post a piece or two! Simply amazing, Congratulations and such an amazing find! :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to ask...
Are you ever in a place where your 8-ct is the smallest diamond?
Do tell. :confused:

I'm not being catty, just living vicariously. :wink2:

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Fan-freaking-tastic! :) Can't wait for more pics of your pretties!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
This is an amazingly beautiful diamond. You must feel so happy to be its owner, and it does look amazing on your finger. Congratulations on the find of a lifetime!

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Ditto all our PS fellows :wink2: we all need more pics of your beautiful diamond. I think you set the record here on PS for the BIGGEST rock ever post on our PS! :cheeky: collect me if I'm wrong but can't wait to see more. Cheer!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think it is the largest round stone that I can recall! Wow, really amazing!!! :love: :love: :love: I do want to see more close-up pictures because I love OEC's!!!

And if you don't want to post all your jewelry, how about a few favorite pieces for the jewelry fans here????? :))

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is absolutely gorgeous!! Kudos!! My eyes bugged out of my head a bit when I saw it. :-o In a good way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do post more pics! Would love to see some closeups of the faceting :sun:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes yes yes; by all means post as much as you can.
I love seeing bling.
Big bling too.
Like Yssie I'd love to see some close ups of the faceting of your OEC. :love:

How cool you know its provenance.
Often history is erased when diamonds change hands.

Why not admit it?
People are equal, but diamonds are not.

If you post it and anyone gets nasty it's only the green monster of jealousy, which is easy to just ignore.

princesscathryn

Rough_Rock
WOW! Holy moly! I think this is the biggest round stone I've ever seen on this forum :love:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
natyLad|1310072640|2964104 said:

In this case, you will bring everybody's mean side out if you DON'T post the rest of your jewelry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, your ring is unbelievable...such a beauty :love:
Now, go post the rest of the bling :Up_to_something:

lol......well i better post some more then....before you bring your big guns out....will start a new thread for that next week :naughty:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1310089036|2964303 said:
I just have to ask...
Are you ever in a place where your 8-ct is the smallest diamond?
Do tell. :confused:

I'm not being catty, just living vicariously. :wink2:

lol...well actually there are and will be a few instances where bling this size is quite normal...i have seen waaaaay bigger diamonds in the room....i just tell my self that diamonds that large are tacky....i know....major sour grapes syndrome :oops: :mrgreen:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
here you go guys..more pictures. not great quality but they are the best i can do coz i dont own a camera (my sis took mine and decided that she liked it :love: ). these pictures are from my blackberry

ring11.jpg

ring13.jpg

ring14.jpg

ring15.jpg

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
a few more....

ring in dark.jpg

ring16.jpg

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
with my wedding bands though i never wear them with my ring