shape
carat
color
clarity

My Octavia is here! Yay!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
eee! Thanks, you guys! I AM so excited! I think finally I've calmed down a little bit (more of an "I'm looking forward to having it eventually" excitement rather than the "OHMIGOSH I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW" excitement that I was feeling before), but I really am quite ecstatic about the prospect of seeing it finished soon(ish) and the day David sends me ring pics will be a very exciting day.

Enerchi said:
unplated WG will be the perfect metal to set your stone in - great choice!!!

It's all Yssie's fault! I fell in love with her rings and I knew I wanted to go unplated too. YG looks terrible on me, and I've seen a lot of WG (well...rhodium plated) and platinum jewelry that was really nice, but didn't really inspire me to jump up and down in enthusiasm. As soon as I started researching unplated WG, I knew I had found my metal. Since the same bench that did hers is doing mine, I'm guessing it'll be pd-wg as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah its beautiful I cant wait. What setting will it be.? I didn't see what itll be set like, just the metal ( good choice!)

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi nielseel! Thank you!

It's DBL's double bezel:

dblbezel.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1359578659|3367637 said:
eee! Thanks, you guys! I AM so excited! I think finally I've calmed down a little bit (more of an "I'm looking forward to having it eventually" excitement rather than the "OHMIGOSH I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW" excitement that I was feeling before), but I really am quite ecstatic about the prospect of seeing it finished soon(ish) and the day David sends me ring pics will be a very exciting day.

Enerchi said:
unplated WG will be the perfect metal to set your stone in - great choice!!!

It's all Yssie's fault! I fell in love with her rings and I knew I wanted to go unplated too. YG looks terrible on me, and I've seen a lot of WG (well...rhodium plated) and platinum jewelry that was really nice, but didn't really inspire me to jump up and down in enthusiasm. As soon as I started researching unplated WG, I knew I had found my metal. Since the same bench that did hers is doing mine, I'm guessing it'll be pd-wg as well.

I did a gleeful little bounce in my office chair :bigsmile: I can't wait to see this!! The setting you've chosen is PERFECT for that stone :appl: and oh, have I mentioned that I *must* have an Octavia one day?!

I know exactly what you mean re. metal colour - yellows are too yellow, whites are too icy, unplated wg is the perfect happy compromise... I think you'll be very happy, DBL's uber bench does wonderful work with plain metal ::)

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1359579661|3367700 said:
I did a gleeful little bounce in my office chair :bigsmile: I can't wait to see this!! The setting you've chosen is PERFECT for that stone :appl: and oh, have I mentioned that I *must* have an Octavia one day?!

I know exactly what you mean re. metal colour - yellows are too yellow, whites are too icy, unplated wg is the perfect happy compromise... I think you'll be very happy, DBL's uber bench does wonderful work with plain metal ::)

Haha! That's cute. Bounce bounce. I'm glad you love the setting as well-- always nice to have my choices validated by people with good taste. :bigsmile: re: octavias, I think I remember reading a post of yours a while back about how you wanted Octavia studs? Is that out of the cards now since they're not cutting 50 pointers? O studs would be magnificent-- but I almost feel it'd be a shame to put an Octavia on your ear where you can't stare at it all day!

With the metal color, yep, definitely. At first I was advised to go with platinum, but I just felt like it might be a little too grey for my stone. It's a J, and so warmth rather than coolness was something I desired in my metal choice. It's a small detail, maybe no one but me will even notice, but I will be staring at that ring all. the. time. I want the setting and the stone to be perfect for one another. Like you, I'm a bit of a micromanager when it comes to jewelry preferences, but I'm trying to let go and let David's bench do its job now. Well, I've let go now that the bench has approved of my preferred metal choice. :tongue: I'm sure that without further fussiness from me, the uber bench will be able to create a spectacular ring. I've never seen them create anything I didn't like.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, that sounds like me!! I would love Octavia studs one day - earrings are my favourite sort of jewellery - but like you say they'd be wasted on the ears! Stones like that belong in pieces that the wearer can appreciate ::)

The warmth in my J is exactly why I chose unplated wg the first time too. I actually really like the colour - it reminds me of antique lace - and I wanted the metal to match, almost, so the whole piece looked about the same colour. Icy white metals IMO highlighted the tint too much and yellow metals drowned it out, and pink metals somehow made it look brownish :sick:

Oh, yes, the curse of the micromanager... I definitely think they can make you very happy, especially since they've already made the design before and it turned out fabulously :bigsmile: Any word on the ETA?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant wait to see it set! Its gonna be gorgeous!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yssie said:
Any word on the ETA?

Yes, about 2 or 3 weeks from last Friday. I sort of have this hope that it'd be here and done before 2/16, because we're having a special party that night and that'd be the perfect time for him to formally propose--- but I think he is probably planning on something else. He is usually super type A and I'm not, so my desire to have so much input on the ring kind of surprised him, but he was fine with it as long as I didn't micromanage the proposal (well, how could I, it's his proposal! :lol: ). He is going to surprise me at some point in the future and I have no idea when that is. It's just wishful thinking on my part that he'd do it at our party when I'm wearing a sparkly gown and all of our friends are there to celebrate :)

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
WOW thats a pretty stone!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am also bouncing with excitement!!! Those glamour shots are :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :love: :love: I truly believe that unplated wg is the *perfect* companion based on the pics you've posted...and after wearing my beautiful unplated wg oec/tranny from freke (until it's set into a pendant) I am in love with the unplated color!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's not long at all! :bigsmile: I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you for a glitzy party proposal ::)

starshine

Shiny_Rock
So so beautiful!!! Congrats! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost time to see this beauty, I hope :bigsmile:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1360550548|3377151 said:

I promise I will post so many pictures as soon as I have it! I hope he doesn't decide to keep it hidden in the house somewhere for 6 months :errrr:

D

Deactivated member 42515

cygnet said:

I promise I will post so many pictures as soon as I have it! I hope he doesn't decide to keep it hidden in the house somewhere for 6 months :errrr:
It won't be hidden in the house. You know where it'll be... ;-)

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
YT said:
cygnet said:

It won't be hidden in the house. You know where it'll be... ;-)

Hey!! Get yer own!! :angryfire: :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results