shape
carat
color
clarity

My NEW wedding set... with my Memoire diamond band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
After much anticipation, my Memoire wedding ring is finally here! (See thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/memoire-woes-didnt-pass-quality-control.53909/) Thank you for all the PS'ers who've comforted me during my wait - I got it just this Wednesday!

We have been searching forever for a new wedding ring and fell in love with the T&co wedding band, but it was too expensive. I considered Signed Pieces, but eventually decided to get a Memoire. Thank you DiamondSeeker2006 for the inspiration, it was your Memoire ring that blew me away and made me decide to go for it!
5.gif

Quick story on why I needed a new wedding set: I lost my old one!
15.gif
We were devastated, and being young and naive it wasn't insured because it didn't really cost us that much. DH agreed to buy me a new set that'll last me until we renew our vows for our 15th anniversary. After getting the Memoire though I think i will keep it as my new original wedding ring. Someday a 1.5-2.0 ct. RB will flank it.
9.gif

First up, my original set: (goodbye, my sweet!
8.gif
)

.39 K SI1 (yes, K! Pre-pricescope, had no idea about the cut, but vendor says they don't carry anything below a cut grade of 4)
in four-prong Tiffany-style setting

.31 ctw diamond band H/I I1

originalweddingset.jpg
originalweddingsetprofile.jpg

For the new set, we tried different styles, like the 3-stone, solitaire with side stones, etc. but ultimately ended up with the origianl solitaire + diamond band idea - so it looks like my old set, only better! My new set:

Center stone: AGS000
.50 ct RB
G SI2
1.8 HCA
in cathedral setting with surpirse melee

Band: 1.00 ctw 7-stone, G SI1/SI2, 18K WG

Size 4.5

NewWeddingRing12-06044.jpg

I see little arrows in one of the stones in the band!
NewWeddingRing12-06047.jpg

NewWeddingRing12-06044.jpg

Office lighting:
3.gif

NewWeddingRing12-06038.jpg

At first I thought the stones would be too big for my center stone but I think it's perfect! I love the chunky look.
2.gif

NewWeddingRing12-06029.jpg
NewWeddingRing12-06049.jpg

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
More pics!

My Memoire band in its box:
NewWeddingRing12-06026.jpg

Profile:

NewWeddingRing12-06028.jpg

The pretty box it came in:
1.gif

NewWeddingRing12-06020.jpg

By itself:
NewWeddingRing12-06053.jpg
NewWeddingRing12-06005.jpg

They had a hard time making it round but iy looks pretty round to me!

Sparkles!!! (My kitchen has great lighting
2.gif
)

NewWeddingRing12-06003.jpg
NewWeddingRing12-06012cropped.jpg
NewWeddingRing12-06040cropped.jpg

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Finally, my e-ring:

I see arrows!

NewWeddingRing12-06019.jpg

This is why I don''t get any studying done!
3.gif

NewWeddingRing12-06037.jpg

My lil'' ball of FIRE:

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06024.jpg

Profile of my new set - the Memoire is soo low-set!
NewWeddingRing12-06009.jpg

Thanks for looking! Sorry for all the pics (then again, I''ve never heard a PS''er complain of too many pics.
2.gif
)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you finally got your band. I love it. The chunky look. That .50 sure look way bigger. Enjoy your set.
36.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
THanks, Gothgrrl! Thanks for helping me out in my previous posts too.
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the memoire band...I think it looks absolutely perfect w/ your e-ring!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so glad this all finally worked out for you! I love those Memoire bands and yours looks just beautiful with your pretty engagement ring!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a very pretty set, congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your set looks beautiful together! Congratulations!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Jennie, your set looks great together! I''m so glad your Memoire band worked out for you and that you are happy with it!
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love that set!!! What a gorgeous eternity band and e-ring! Congrats!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments, Sundial, HooCares, BlingDiva, Ellen, Jelly, and DeeJay!
1.gif

I have been suffering with DSS with my solitaire for awhile, but my Memoire band helped alleviate it. I think it actually makes it *look* bigger, but that''s just me trying to deal with DSS.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE memoire bands, yours is gorgeous!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a beautiful Memoire band and beautiful wedding set! I love it! Would you mind explaining more about how you chose the Memoire over the SP? (Sorry if you already have, elsewhere!)

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your set!!!!! your memoire band is soooo beautiful!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set - so classic and elegant looking!!! Love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! So happy everything worked out for you. Your Memoire band is beyond gorgeous and looks great with your beautiful ering. Congrats and enjoy!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''m so glad I found a minute to check in! Your new rings are beautiful, Jennie! I am SO happy the Memoire band turned out beautifully! I certainly agree that it is worthy to be your "forever" wedding band! Congratulations on your new rings!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
30.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love your Memoire diamond band! I think it looks great with your engagement ring!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is stunning...sorry about the lost one, but you did well...

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 1:14:33 PM
Author: gailrmv
wow, what a beautiful Memoire band and beautiful wedding set! I love it! Would you mind explaining more about how you chose the Memoire over the SP? (Sorry if you already have, elsewhere!)

Hi, I really liked how the Memiore prongs were set together in the middle rather than in the outer edges... plus, I wanted this band to be, as DiamondSeeker2006 put it, my "forever band" and after reading at the Memiore website about how they make their rings (hot extrusion to minimize porosity) I decided to go for it. Another thing I considered was the height of the band, I have that surprise melee on the side of my e-ring and only the T&Co band, Memiore, and another unbranded ring in the TCW size I wanted were the ones that fit right under it. I decided to go mid-range and went for the Memiore.
1.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Annagarcia, MrsSalvo, DS2006, Rascal49, jfo, and diamondfan!
1.gif

wrstacks, thanks for the ideas! Maybe I will get a thin (~2mm) plain band to wear with my diamond band when I don''t wear my e-ring. Then I can wear all 3 together at times! I also plan to have a honkin'' eternnity band someday... maybe for our 15th anniv., and of course those pink sapphire maternity rings (or if I''m lucky, pink diamonds...) then I can stack all my beautiful bands together. I''m excited, heehee.
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
it looks great!!! congrats on the new set!!!
30.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
"Visions of Memoire Bands dance in my head"...

I love those bands, they really make any setting go "ka-blam!" and also hold court quite nicely on their own.

Your setting is beautiful...enjoy it!

Jeannine

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee!!! Very blingy and beautiful!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results