shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new-to-me OMB in a Victor Canera trilogy!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am playing catch up in posting several projects from the last year or two, and this one holds a very special place in my heart. It all started last fall when a preloved thread caught my eye last fall. I literally did a double take when I read @Resonance.Of.Life ’s post about selling Isla, as I have admired this stone for years; in fact, I had even saved and revisited her original post about this amazing OMB! This stone is truly a unicorn, as it gracefully melds a soft cushion outline with the flowery faceting of an OEC… I love everything about it!

When I first saw Isla in person she was every bit the showstopper that I suspected she would be, and I instantly knew that I wanted to set her in a trilogy ring with small round accent stones. I reached out to Victor when he had some scheduling flexibility, and to my delight, he graciously accepted the project! After considering several sizes of side stones, I decided that I wanted to stay in the .3ct range. However, it was tricky to find OECs in that size, much less matching OECs, and custom cutting side stones in that size seemed to me to be a bit over the top. I briefly considered bumping up to .5ct sides, but then I stumbled upon a matching pair of .3ct CIHs in Victor’s inventory and it felt like fate! Normally it would not occur to me to mix old and new cuts in a trilogy, but in this case I actually love the contrast, and the sharp flashes of the MRBs are exactly what I was hoping for in these smaller side stones! Just perfection!

My vision for the design of this trilogy was to feature delicate milgrain bezels and some type of filigree in the profile. Beyond that, I just let Victor work his artistic magic, and he brought my vision for this trilogy to life in the most stunning way possible! :love: Victor’s hand-forged creations are always unspeakably beautiful, and this piece has a very poetic feel about it. I absolutely adore the proportions and “vibe” of this ring, and the entire flow of the piece truly lets Isla shine! I am beyond grateful to @Resonance.Of.Life for allowing this incredible stone to find its way to me, to Grace for helping chart its course to her, and to Victor for creating its most exquisite forever home! Isla has made quite a journey over the years and gosh, the stories she could tell!

Before I get too carried away, here are the stats: Isla is a 3.02ct I SI1 OMB (9.47 X 8.83 X 5.74) and the side stones are .31 and .32ct F VS1 Canera Ideal Hearts diamonds (~4.4mm). (And just for reference, the ring is pictured on a size 5.75 finger.)

Okay, on to photos! And please accept my apologies in advance as my photographic skills leave a lot to be desired, although I would be hard pressed to fully capture the magic of this piece in photos in any case! First up is the glamour shot from Victor, and then a few of Isla in full bloom. Hope you enjoy!

10980 - New trilogy!.jpeg IMG_3208 (cropped).jpg IMG_3206 (cropped2).jpg IMG_3246 (cropped).jpg IMG_4185.JPG IMG_3265 (cropped).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, another stunning piece you and Victor have created!
And Isla, she’s mesmerizing! I have often wondered who purchased her because yes she’s got a beloved history here for sure. I’m thrilled for you that she’s now yours and in a beautifully designed home by VC.
Enjoy wearing this beauty for many years to come!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW.
Wow is an understatement tho.
The centerstone and setting is absolute perfection.
the side stones are, of course as well
But this is rocking my world. Modern brilliants and an old mine.
Is there something unique about CIH stones compared to other super ideals that make the match really ‘work’ well?
~rambling aside~

absolutely gorgeous ring and beautiful photos, it’s a perfect look on your hand. Enjoy it well!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is perfection!!!!

Wow, another stunning piece you and Victor have created!
And Isla, she’s mesmerizing! I have often wondered who purchased her because yes she’s got a beloved history here for sure. I’m thrilled for you that she’s now yours and in a beautifully designed home by VC.
Enjoy wearing this beauty for many years to come!

Thank you so much, @Polished1911 and @bright ice! I feel humbled and grateful to have this beautiful old mine, and the combo of Isla in a Victor setting is definitely a dream come true!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so pretty! Beautiful piece!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s really beautiful and looks great on your hand , the colors it gives off are gorgeous!! :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word!! :kiss2: :kiss2: She is glorious!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - the bezels look like they are just hovering over your finger! Well done!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW.
Wow is an understatement tho.
The centerstone and setting is absolute perfection.
the side stones are, of course as well
But this is rocking my world. Modern brilliants and an old mine.
Is there something unique about CIH stones compared to other super ideals that make the match really ‘work’ well?
~rambling aside~

absolutely gorgeous ring and beautiful photos, it’s a perfect look on your hand. Enjoy it well!

I appreciate all of your kind words, @Rfisher! I thought it was fun to mix old and new cuts in this piece, and I have more trouble distinguishing the flowery facets of OECs in smaller sizes (specifically .5ct and under), so the sharper flashes of the modern side stones are optimal in this case! Victor's CIHs are cut to very discriminating standards and he is heavily involved in the process, and all of the effort he has invested in them shows, as his stones are absolutely beautiful! It is not always easy finding well matched stones in this size range, so I was thrilled that Victor had the perfect pair. Serendipity indeed!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Just breathtaking. Those bezels are absolute perfection. It looks like it has a lot of presence without sacrificing comfort!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your ring is absolutely captivating! I would stare all day. Congrats!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, so pretty! Beautiful piece!

Aww, thank you so much, @tyty333!

It’s really beautiful and looks great on your hand , the colors it gives off are gorgeous!! :kiss2:

You are too kind, @Vanilla Bling! I do love those colorful flashes. And I must say that I love the new soli you are rocking as well!

Oh my word!! :kiss2: :kiss2: She is glorious!

Aww, thank you for sharing my excitement, @Alex T! She really is glorious, and she seems quite content with her modern round sidekicks!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - the bezels look like they are just hovering over your finger! Well done!

Just breathtaking. Those bezels are absolute perfection. It looks like it has a lot of presence without sacrificing comfort!

Wow! Your ring is absolutely captivating! I would stare all day. Congrats!

Aww, thank you all so much, @MissGotRocks, @Cerulean, and @Sprinkles&Stones! You really can't go wrong with Victor; his craftsmanship never ceases to amaze me! I felt like Isla deserved an amazing setting, and she got exactly that! Victor's bezels highlight the stones so beautifully and the ring is super comfortable as well. I appreciate all of your kind words!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh it's so beautiful!! Perfect :kiss2: One of the prettiest rings I've seen on PS in all my time here!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
I love the setting details and scrollwork. I am also a big fan of side stones that sit more evenly with the center, as yours do. So beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness! I was expecting the Canera OEC to be next and maybe set in a three stone! So this is a big surprise!!! That diamond certainly is a beauty, and I love it in a three stone! You are really getting a nice variety of beautiful settings from Victor!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning beautiful!! It’s absolute perfection!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty! And it looks great on your hand...perfect finger coverage!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Mind blown!! It’s absolutely stunning❤️❤️

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Magical! . What an incredibly beautiful ring and stone. You know you’re not going to get anything done as you’ll be staring at that beauty all day. I absolutely love it.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So very beautiful! I would be distracted all day. I love the contrast!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof, one of my favourite stones in the tiiiiightest sleek bezel. Glorious!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations.

Aww, thank you so much for sharing in my excitement, @Diamond Girl 21!

My gosh it's so beautiful!! Perfect :kiss2: One of the prettiest rings I've seen on PS in all my time here!

Oh my gosh, you are far too kind, @junebug17! I so enjoy seeing everyone's gorgeous pieces, and there are so many that I admire. And I adore the kitty in your avatar as well! :love:

I love the setting details and scrollwork. I am also a big fan of side stones that sit more evenly with the center, as yours do. So beautiful!

Aww, thank you, @lizzydm26! I am continually in awe of Victor's gifted artistry!!

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My goodness! I was expecting the Canera OEC to be next and maybe set in a three stone! So this is a big surprise!!! That diamond certainly is a beauty, and I love it in a three stone! You are really getting a nice variety of beautiful settings from Victor!

Thank you so much, @diamondseeker2006! And sorry for the curveball, LOL! I am working my way up to the OEC piece, I promise, and my apologies for the suspense! Victor's pieces are habit-forming, that's for sure, and I am still drooling over your beautiful new Victor reset, too!

Your ring is stunning beautiful!! It’s absolute perfection!

Aww, I appreciate your kind words, @MamaBee! Victor did an amazing job, and I really love the way this piece turned out!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What's not to love? It is stunning! And you have such beautiful hands!

cheers--Sharon

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s divine!!! A show stopper. A classic! Love it so much! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results