shape
carat
color
clarity

My new stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
I am a long time lurker and chime in on occassion. Last summer my stone chipped and State Farm gave me a check to replace the stone (long story short) and I was also able to keep the damaged stone by purchasing it from State Farm. Since it was such a small chip on the girdle and could not be seen only felt I thought it was worth it. I had that stone set into a bezel pendant.

So the following pics are....
-My ering set in a Coast Diamonds setting which I did a re-set to this setting last spring (then 3 months later is when my original stone chipped). Now thinking of re-setting into a solitaire, I really like the WF Fine Line Solitaire. I think the side diamonds on this setting are too distracting. New stone from James Allen is their Hearts & Arrow 1.23 "I" SI2 GIA Ex. This is a great stone and I got the thumbs up from Garry on this one.

-Band from Facets. 2.2 mm Channel eternity. Never thought I would end up with a channel setting but it is so delicate it almost looks pave-esque in person and it is really comfortable.

-Bezel pendant which holds my original stone. James Allen polished the chip and set the stone in the pendant. I requested a very thin bexel and they delivered! I only lost .1 in size and you can not tell at all that there is a chip. This stone is from Blue Nile an 1.02 "H" SI1 GIA Ex. My fiance bought this stone before we learned about pricescope but I think he did a great job, it is a beauty and scores well...1.3

tammireset.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
and another...

tammireset2.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
and a third....

tammireset3.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
very hard to get these arrow shots....

tammireset4.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Ok, think I am figuring this out...sorry for the huge pictures above;-)

tammireset5.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
tired of these yet?

tammiboth.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
this shows the milgrain detail on the ring

tammiboth2.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
all in the family....

tammiboth3.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
just a couple more.....:)

tammiboth4.jpg

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Far away hand shot for perspective. I am a size 4.5.....last one, thanks for looking and thanks for all the inspiration!

tammireset7.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Your new stone looks fantastic! I love the bezel on your necklace..... Could you post more pics of the necklace
3.gif

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Sure, i will need to take a copule of more shots...will do tomorrow.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I love the top view look of your e-ring...the step down look of the side diamonds is lovely..looks great on the hand. The stone is DREAMY! I''m happy that you were able to set your original stone. It''s great!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ering and your pendant! Beautiful stones!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never heard of Coast Diamonds, but I really like your e-ring setting. Please take some pics of it''s profile for us? It looks interesting but it''s hard to see in that one photo you posted.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set, really lovely!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, gorgeous wedding set
30.gif
beautiful pendant too
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding set!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Enjoy your new sparkly!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your whole family is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I really like your setting. I think the side stones are interesting and I like how they are set back from the center stone. And your bezel necklace is stunning. I''m dying for one of those!! I love the thin bezel.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:53:23 AM
Author:ilovedogs

So the following pics are....
-My ering set in a Coast Diamonds setting which I did a re-set to this setting last spring (then 3 months later is when my original stone chipped). Now thinking of re-setting into a solitaire, I really like the WF Fine Line Solitaire. I think the side diamonds on this setting are too distracting. New stone from James Allen is their Hearts & Arrow 1.23 ''I'' SI2 GIA Ex. This is a great stone and I got the thumbs up from Garry on this one.
I rather like the sidestones, you got a whole lotta bling goin on!
9.gif
However, I know what you mean in that your eye is not drawn immediately to the center stone. If that is what you''re really wanting/after, then yes, a reset might be in order. And I love the Fine Line, it would really set off the stone.

But I do really like this setting (and band)! And your bezel pendant turned out lovely too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! And I LOVE that bezel pendant! I wouldn''t reset - your setting is stunning the way it is

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re all lovely!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are sure gorgeous! congrats on your beautiful pieces of jewelry.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow that looks really great on your long thin finger! Very pretty stones!

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. As requested I will post a profile shot of the ring and pendant later after I take a couple. Yeah, I love the pendant. I don''t wear it as much as should. It is not insured becuase of the chip and I am not State Farm would insure since I only paid $300 for the stone....can you believe they let me have it for $300?? I was so shocked when their jeweler told me it was only worth that. Personally I think he was just saying that so he could make a little extra $$!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is just beautiful!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results