shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new Sapphire cushion ER

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
I haven't posted here in forever - largely due to a divorce which saw me kiss goodbye to the vast majority of my collection to get myself back on my feet. Well, back on my feet I am and happily remarried to an amazing guy. I have been without an ER for the last couple of years but I have finally replaced it with this stunner! As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one and I am over the moon. We found it in an antique shop in York, England and the price was far too good to miss........so it is now firmly ensconced on my left ring finger and going nowhere! Hope you guys like her as much as I do and I can highly recommend an amazing shop in York if anyone is in the UK!

I have no idea on weights - I didn't really care, I just loved her instantly.

Will post a hand shot soon too. :)

Wow what a gorgeous ring. It looks very art deco and look at the Blue color! ! :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on such a beauty! The color is amazing and I love the setting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much! :) I am really thrilled with it and it is by far the nicest sapphire I have ever owned. I had to take it to my jeweller here in my hometown to have it sized and he was really complimentary about it. He said that when you can find a sapphire this nice, it's a no-brainer - you buy it!

Here are a couple of handshots too.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh hon, that ring is just absolutely stunning!! So glad to hear that you are really happy now too, both with men and bling. :appl:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love the ring :love: ! Reminds me of a Victor Canera piece.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. Those antique cluster rings have a special place in my heart. :love: And that shank is just perfect.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it so serene.. I am glad to read you are happily remarried and have an engagement that I would bet everyone would love to own. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a classic and stunning piece with such a beautiful blue in the center. Congrats with your marriage!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and I LOVE the wedding band you paired it with! Gorgeous set!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said my very favorite word: "sapphire" :bigsmile: Your ring is truly lovely and you are so deserving of it. It must have been hard to say goodbye to your lovelies to get back on your feet, but I love that you did and are happily married to boot! Congratulations.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE THAT BLUE!! Sapphires are my birthstone and I just LOVE the color of yours. So bright and saturated at the same time. I WANT. :love: :love: :love:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Unique and gorgeous. There's something lovely about perchancing upon the right ring, the way you did, in that antique shop.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I think you have a gorgeous find!!!! I am glad you found a man and a ring that's a keeper! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back! So glad to hear that you are happy!

Your ring is just gorgeous - the color of that sapphire is amazing! You will rival the royalty with your sapphire halo ring.

Congrats again and enjoy your new ring!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much! It feels like it has been forever since I had something worth sharing so I have really enjoyed being able to show her off. So glad there is so much love here for sapphires too. I am definitely a blue girl but one day I will have a big beautiful old cut diamond and this will be my permanent RHR!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful ring. What shop is it from- I am up in the North of England and would love to know. Do they have a website?

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Hi sapphirelover, thank you and yes they do: http://www.theantiquescentreyork.co.uk/

If you like antique/vintage jewellery, this place will be your idea of heaven. Cases and cases of it on the ground floor. They had a ruby and diamond ring in there that was also a crazy good deal.......if hubby hadn't been there to stop me, it would have been mine also! It looks like a small shop from the outside but is basically a Tardis!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly AMAZING color and detail : :appl: love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
IrishBreakfast|1398608512|3661180 said:
Hi sapphirelover, thank you and yes they do: http://www.theantiquescentreyork.co.uk/

If you like antique/vintage jewellery, this place will be your idea of heaven. Cases and cases of it on the ground floor. They had a ruby and diamond ring in there that was also a crazy good deal.......if hubby hadn't been there to stop me, it would have been mine also! It looks like a small shop from the outside but is basically a Tardis!

We are also in Europe and I have been begging to go to England to do the Harry Potter tour. This might actually beat out going to see HP for antique jewelry!!!!!!!! thank you so much for the link!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Great find!!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
No problem, SB621! Believe me, you won't be bored in there! Plus, York is an amazing city with a very rich history. It is also the most haunted city in the country.....I can recommend the ghost walk! :) So many visitors just go to London but there is a lot to see up North too. Oh, and it isn't the only antique jewellers on that street either!

GK2

Rough_Rock
IrishBreakfast|1398608512|3661180 said:

I was in there last Friday - it's one of my favourite places to go while my husband spends time selecting real ale from the shop opposite :D

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Too cool, GK2! I am guessing you have no problem with him taking his own sweet time then....?! :lol:

GK2

Rough_Rock
Positively encourage it!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
GK2|1398623338|3661318 said:
Positively encourage it!

Roflmao!! Well, I know where to send my hubby when he's bored with all the military stuff on the bottom floor!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, I love the color of the sapphire :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really beautiful! I love the way the shank attaches to the halo...so pretty!

Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results