shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Ring! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Weemodin, it's really gorgeous!
9.gif
The design is very, very pretty and unusual. Your ring is meant to stand out of the crowd.
1.gif
The finger is nice too!
2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting. I love the way the diamonds in the shank are low set.
Sorry, about the finger! It should heal up nicely though, knifes leave clean cut lines, so after it heals, you shouldn't notice anything!
2.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Ring! I sure hope your poor finger feels better soon!

duffyone

Rough_Rock
I am looking to purchase a ring similar to yours. I wanted the band to have diamonds all the way around, like yours. I was told by "experts" it is not "cost effective: that the diamonds will be dinged and marked with normal wear... How is ring "holding up"

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is nothing cost-effective about a diamond or ring IMO. I have a diamond eternity band and the diamonds are just fine. So is the metal. If the ring is well-made it's not just going to fall apart nor will the diamonds just fall out. But a huge portion of that 'well made' is going to be what quality of platinum, how much metal, and how the stones are held in. Wee's are held in by what appear to be bezels, pretty safe for the stone. Mine is set in prongs, 4 for each small stone, again a very safe bet. Pave eternity style in very little platinum is not recommended.

Continue to do your research but you CAN have eternity style items...just be sure there is enough metal to protect the stones and they are set properly and not flimsily. I have had my ring for a year and it looks the same as when we got it...not alot of wear and tear and I wear it all the time and am very rough with it. Part of the reason why I wanted a little more metal and prong set vs pave stones.
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Weemodin, I don't know how I missed your gorgeous diamond and setting!
love.gif
It is truly beautiful. I love unique settings, and planning your band must be just so much fun. Have you decided if it will be all diamonds or alternating with rubies or sapphires?
10.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Duffy, I also have an eternity e-ring with diamonds the entire way around, but mine is Pave, and it is holding up just fine. Looks as good as the day we bought it. I just took my band in for it's 6 month check up, and nothing was amiss. I wear my ring all the time (except when working out - and that's only because my fingers tend to puff up) and I don't coddle my left hand at all, and I have never done anything to dislodge any of the 100+ diamonds in my band. I just live normally day to day. If I were to go mountain-climbing or something, then sure, I would take my ring off (but then I wouldn't wear any jewelry if I was doing something as intense as that anyway). An eternity band was what I had dreamed of, and I just smile every time I look at it. I think someone mentioned in a post a long time ago that there are still diamond eternity bands that were made 100+ years ago floating around. Somehow they managed to survive intact.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results