shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Ring! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Here it is --

He proposed friday evening. Early friday morning, while trying to make breakfast, I cut the heck out of my middle finger on my left hand (I was trying to pit an avocado with a really sharp knife. Don''t try that at home, kids.). I had to go to the minor emergency center and get 4 stitches on my finger!

Later that evening, I called my boyfriend in to the room to help me open a bottle of wine -- my injured finger was making this rather difficult. When I turned around, he was down on one knee w/my ring!

More pics to follow.

Center Stone is 1.01 ct. I SI1 (should have been VS, though) ideal cut ags 0(don''t have exact numbers at hand right now). Ring is white gold and was a custom job.

ringring.JPG

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
back of ring, with sad little wounded finger
sad.gif

icky stitches.JPG

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
one more

lin ring.JPG

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
last one! Yeah! Wish I could have taken clearer pictures, but photographing rings is not an easy feat -- this is the best I could do.

ring on paper.JPG

festivities

Rough_Rock
That is a fabulous ring!! Congrats!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Weem..Very Elegant ring...

Hope your finger heals up soon!!!

Congrats!
21.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Unique and beautiful ring! Disgusting finger...
errrr.gif

Congratulations weemodin !
9.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
what a lovely ring!

I couldn't take my eyes off the stitches though, YIKES that looks painful!!!
14.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring! Congratulations!

Those stitches look painful! Although, I bet there are few pain relievers that work quite like the one on your ring finger!
2.gif
How exciting!

Playboychick

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Nice and sparkly!!!!!
9.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring! who custom made it. Sorry about your finger =(.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS ring !!!! A matching eternity wedding band would be truly classic.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful!

And your nails look great too!

But I fainted when I saw the stitches.
14.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the stitches! Didn't mean to cause any fainting... oops!

Took some better pics, but they won't post -- says "filename bad" or something like that. Hmm.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting! Gorgeous stone!
3.gif

Congrats!

(& hope the finger heals quick!)

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Weemodin,

Congrats on the beautiful ring. Definately worth the wait for that bling! Patience definately paid off, but I can tell it was torture. Man, your finger looks painful.
cry.gif
14.gif
Hoping for speedy healing on that ouchy.

Congrats on the engagement and a wonderful life together in the future!
love.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
The pictures don't do the stone justice. I bet it's very pretty. I like the setting design too. What's the spread of the center stone? Where did you get it from?

See! I told you, you would get it soon enough!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Weemodin,

Very beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement. I like the diamonds going all the way around. Have you picked out a coordinating wedding/eternity ring?

Nice stitching on the finger.
1.gif
I cut mine the day after Christmas a couple of years back cutting the leftover Christmas ham. I had to drive myself to the hospital with my hand in a towel as my husband had the flu. How embarrassing.
10.gif

Diamondlil

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eek.gif
Good grief!
9.gif

I want to know everything about that ring! May I ?
2.gif
Please?
1.gif

The pairing of the bezel set band and the center stone is so inexpected and stryking. Both the big stone and the small brethen seem to get the most and look their best in this design... How big are the small ones? How big (size) is the ring? Yours is a very exciting ring indeed...

Why do you say "it should have been a VS" ?
nono.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, Wee!!
love.gif
I can certainly see why you were dying after you tried it on at the jewelers!!
11.gif
Great fix for you little boo-boo!!
12.gif
9.gif
3.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
YAY!
appl.gif

Weemodin got her bling! It's so lovely!!!
love.gif
I am so sorry about your getting hurt
cry.gif
, but see, good things come to those who wait! YAY!
appl.gif

Who custome made your band? I am looking at bands now, and although I'd go for simple, plain jane type, I was wondering if your guy was good...
9.gif

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!
wavey.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Ring....love the band...

I will make sure to be careful when pitting avacados...hope it heals soon

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Here's another close-up. Still not great, but you can see the band detail better.

Ring details: Ring is size 5 5/8 (I have realllly long, skinny fingers). Center stone is 1.01 ct, spread is 6.53-6.54. Small stones are .06 ct each, tw ~ 1 ct.

I say it should have been VS because even with the inclusion plot right in front of us, AND after seeing the stone under a microscope and picking out the inclusion, neither I nor my FI (who has 20/10 vision) could see the inclusion with a 10x loupe. And my FI can see everything -- he rejected several GIA SI1 stones because they weren't eye clean to him. That grader at GIA had eagle eyes, man! Hey, it saved FI money!

A jeweler in Houston named Keith Shaftel did the custom band -- I think he may have sent it out, but whoever his guy was who made the wax etc. was really good. I'd recommend him -- veerrry reasonably priced.

And yes, the stone looks much better in person. It's fantastically sparkly -- I've yet to find any lighting in which the stone doesn't absolutely dance!

We're going to get the same guy to make the matching eternity band. We might do alternating sapphire/diamonds or ruby/diamonds on it just to keep it interesting
10.gif
!

zoom.JPG

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring Weemodin! It is really special to have something completely customer and unique like that.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOHHHH!!! That ring is a beauty
9.gif

Finger is healing nicelytoo!
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Love the setting...sorry about the finger.
sad.gif
My fiance is always so paranoid I'm going to slice a finger off when I am cutting things because I'm pretty clumsy...I always scoff at him that I know what I am doing!! But all it takes is ONE TIME and I am sure I will never live it down. Congrats on the engagement!
1.gif
Put some neosporin on that finger.
9.gif

Just A Kitty

Rough_Rock
weemodin,Very pretty ring,congrats on your engagement.Take care of your finger,please don't let it get infected.JAK

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, my FI is always accusing me of being too clumsy -- he sort of treats me like an invalid when I'm around sharp objects. However, with this injury he has little room to talk -- he had to get stitches himself over Thanksgiving because he cut his hand open with a scewdriver while assembling a skeet thrower (it's a Texas thing...).

We're quite the clumsy couple!

Don't worry, I'm taking antibiotics, I had a tetanus shot, and I'm keeping neosporin on the finger. Thanks for all y'alls concern!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, couldn't resist -- here's another pic. The sidestones are actually whiter (GH) than the center stone, but they look sort of funky in this pic -- amateur photographer.

otherview.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
weemodin, I lied. I didn't really faint.
2.gif

I'm glad you are taking antibiotics and I must say that your hands look very pretty even with the black stitching.

I LOVE the look of your ring in that last picture. What a creative design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results