shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring! Micro pave band with .831 ACA stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
My new ring! I''ve been wearing it for three days now, and it is so beautiful! I can say it is much prettier than I even imagined or hoped it would be. Thanks to Whiteflash, with special thanks to Lesley and Brian for putting up with my questions. The setting is from WF as well.

Pictures are so hard to take! This ring is meant to be enjoyed in motion, reflecting light! Since I am by no means a photographer, trust me when I say the pictures do not do it justice. My fat little hands look pretty funny photographed as well. Hmm...they don''t seem quite so stubby in person! Focus on the ring!

Here are the specs on my size 4.5 ring:

0.831 ct G SI1 A Cut Above H&A
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.831
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 57.4
. Crown Angle: 34.6
. Crown %: 14.8
. Star : 57.4
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Medium
. Measurements: 6.03-6.05X3.70
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

My original wedding band and channel set eternity band don''t work with it. So I''m considering a 2mm plain platinum band at the moment.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and I apologize in advance for posting so many. I bet you can tell I''m happy to have it!

small IMG_1349.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty purple

small IMG_1355.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

small IMG_1361.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

small IMG_1373.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
WF photos sent to me before I received the ring.

pb_0424 2.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

small IMG_1341.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

small IMG_1344.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Another pretty flower one.

small Pictures 042707 062.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Just one more photo...

Any ideas about what to do for a band with it? The micro pave band that matches it from WF is out of my budget right now. This shank of this band sits very flat on my hand, and the head sits low. I love it! Do you think I should be looking for a 2mm comfort fit platinum plain band? Milligrain 2mm platinum band? Or go with a 3mm plain one? What about the flat bands - I saw a few places that do them in 2mm and 3mm. I want something that doesn''t sit higher than this band...that seems like it could be hard to find.

small IMG_1339.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the original post I had when I was trying to decide on a stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-want-your-input-stone-and-setting.60818/ Thanks to everyone who helped me make up my mind!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
cinnamon, your ring is just as gorgeous as I thought it would be!! Congrats, and wear it in good health.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. Enjoy!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a stunning ring! enjoy it and take lots of photos for us!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
It''s so lovely and delicate!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it''s beautiful...and there is no such thing as posting TOO MANY pictures on PS!
2.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your feedback.
25.gif

Ellen - this is a stone you recommended I consider.

I love the delicate look of it - my hands are small and I''m only 5'' tall - it fits my personality well - I''ve always liked to be proportionate, so the size of it is terrific for me. I had looked at 1 carats at B&Ms, and they looked nice as well, but I wasn''t willing to take the price jump for that increase to hit the 1 carat mark when this size works perfectly for me. I''ll feel comfortable wearing it everywhere, and that''s what I like.

Any ideas on a band to accompany it so that I keep that delicate look?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful...

I''m a matching kind of gal and always think the matching pave band would look best, but I''m sure a thin plain band would look lovely as well.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 9:34:17 AM
Author: mrssalvo
It''s just beautiful...

I''m a matching kind of gal and always think the matching pave band would look best, but I''m sure a thin plain band would look lovely as well.
I agree that would probably be the best choice - and keeping the sparkly look would make it seem delicate - whereas a plain band might be too stark against it to keep the look. If I decide to go with the matching band, I''ll be waiting a few months until the hubby saves up the $. It''s quite a jump from a plain band to the WF matching pave one.

I might need someone to help Photoshop the two different bands on so I can get a good look!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring! I love the setting! It looks so delicate and it looks great on your hand! As far as the band goes, I agree with mrssalvo...I think I''d like the matching one with it as well! (Now if only it was free!
3.gif
)

Just an FYI, I''m pretty sure WF does let you count yourself in their referral program, so you might be able to get $100 for referring yourself for the band. (I know it has to be a diamond purchase to qualify, but I''m not sure if that means a big diamond or if the little ones in the band would count.)

Anyways, your ring is gorgeous!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring!! i love the head on your ring....the swoopiness is so pretty. i''d do a plain thin band for now and maybe for an anniversary or on a special occasion get the matching band.
9.gif
enjoy!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely!! And I say go with the plain band for now and get the matching one later when the budget allows. If the plain band is temporary though, do you want to spend the $ on platinum or just get white gold?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, it''s just gorgeous. I agree with many who say a thin plain band for now and save up for the matching band down the road. Congratulations!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I would wait to buy the matching band. Because if you were to buy a plain one and don''t like it, you would then have to save up even more to get the matching one. I would rather wait, then I know it would match and not have to worry about it sticking up past the e-ring band or not sitting flush. With that said you can also measure the thickness of the e-ring (if you''re looking to buy online) so you know what you need. If the width of the e-ring is 2mm, I would probably do a 2mm plain. I wouldn''t want the plain band to overpower my diamonds. Just my 2 cents.

Come back and post more pictures when you decide!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s so pretty!!!! Great job, I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done--wonderful ring!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and lovely setting- a wonderful combination- the setting really flatters the stone.

I would advise saving up for the matching band as well- you said that you have a channel set band though- what size are those stones? could you have that channel-set band milgrained so it would complement this ring more?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, that is a beauty! Congrats on such a gorgeous ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results