shape
carat
color
clarity

MY NEW PRINCESS FROM GOG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks researcher! Well, the little spots are dark...but I'll get over it...maybe! LOL re: the runner....

The little surprise diamond would rub up against my band I think...but I like how that little horizontal bar covers up the pavillion...I think I might have one made.

In all, I think I did good
1.gif
... I guess I'd rather have an awesome stone with a little something than a nasty dull, eye clean stone...

And I think GIA should include a new definition of Si1
"eye clean when studied eyeball to stone by psycho diamond lovers...and including girlfriends of psycho diamond lovers who would love to find something wrong with the stone..." lol

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You're so funny!
9.gif
Want to hear something pathetic? I must have been looking in the wrong place the first time I looked for your inclusions--which is why I said it just looked like little spots of white light. When I did notice the dark spot, I didn't think that could possibly be what you were referring to; it just looked like a reflection. Honestly, you might be better off with that inclusions BECAUSE it looks like a reflection (at least in pictures). And for your friends who always have to have the best and analyze everything to death (trust me, we all have those friends), tell them they're just seeing a reflection if you have to!
naughty.gif

I can now see why you're freaking out though. I would be pretty obsessed about an inclusion smack dab in the center of the table as well. I still think you won't notice it over time, but when you're spending your days studying your ring it must suck. Just remember that your stone blows away most others as far as its performance goes!
love.gif
love.gif

And you're right about GIA--I think they should start using you as the definitive eye-clean grader just to make sure that no stones are considered eye clean when they shouldn't....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...You know what...I probably wouldn't have noticed it...if they didn't give me that loupe as a gift! LOL

And yes, I am physically sick over this. It really sucks.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I am SO sorry! Have you talked with Jonathan? Are you considering continuing on with your search? You really should be absolutely in love with your stone. If a new setting will keep the incusions from being visible I think that's the way to go! Why oh why did they have to send you that stupid loupe?!?! If I get one I'll be sure to throw it away immediately! Actually, I have seen my stone under a loupe and it was a little scary! Do you have the plot of your inclusions? If so, what does it say is the type of inclusion you're seeing?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Can you believe that I never even looked at the cert? LOL... Who does that? I got an email of it with my pictures of the set ring...but it didn't load...so I saw it for the first time (Again, MY fault) when I got the ring...they are, of course, SMACK in the middle, Needle, crystal, feather, natural. There is a nice little cluster of them ALL together in one spot.

I'm also starting to re-think this post. I want to make it really really clear that this is NOT the fault of GOG. I asked for this stone after seeing it online...I'm the one who never asked to see it under the microscope or see the cert while in the store.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Were there no pictures of the "clarity analysis" on GOG? I couldn't get them to load for your stone, but one of my favorite things about GOG is the fact that they post those pictures and draw arrows pointing to the inclusions. I also liked have the ideal scope images of the stones (which I think you chose not to get) because I would never get a stone that showed the inclusions in those pics--although many people say they are still eye clean.

BTW, it's obvious that you really respect GOG and the people who work there, but that you just aren't happy with the aesthetics of the stone you chose. You have said many wonderful things about the company and people you worked with--as you have about your stone. But, if the stone's not right for you, it's not right for you. I still think it's a winner, but I'm not seeing it in person. I'm not the one who will be wearing it every day. Which is why I think you should seriously consider asking Jonathan to trade in your stone for one you LOVE.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Like I said, you're a peach!
1.gif

I didn't get any darn clarity analysis! But again, my fault for not asking.

I think I must "move on"...LOL...TO A JUBILEE!!!!
1.gif
LOL

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The problems with finding a colorless, well-cut princess!
1.gif
I'm glad you're taking this all so well despite the frustration you're feeling over the inclusions.

Maybe this really is a sign that you're meant for a jubilee! Do you have Jonathan working on getting a 2+ carat one as we speak? LOL

Enjoy your stone as much as you can! It really is beautiful
love.gif

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
MMM:

I haven't posted in a while but I felt compelled to reply to your post because I went through the same exact thing with my 3 carat round.

It took six months to finally get the ring of my dreams but not before I took one home for almost a month. I think I was so desperate to have the "big" ring on my finger that I forgot all about the actual stone, inclusions and the term, "eye clean." Everytime I looked at it I saw the carbon spots and it drove me crazy
14.gif
. When people looked at my ring I thought the inclusions were so obvious and I felt so embarassed, like I sacrificed quality just to get the big stone. I took it back and told my jeweler to start the search again and I didn't care how long it took. It took another two months and a few more stone but it was so well worth the wait. When she finally called me in, I saw it under the loupe and knew it was the one.

If you think it is going to drive you crazy, I would call GOG and tell them that you would like to return/exchange the stone for another one that is definitely eye clean and please do not include a loupe
9.gif

When you spend this much money on a stone, it really does need to be perfect in your own eyes and I'm not talking numbers
2.gif

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I'm so glad you found your dream ring...I just don't feel good about returning it for so many reasons...And My husband assures me no one can see the little dots face up...even though I can from about 10 inches away...as for the pavillion, I'm going to find a setting that hides it. They are only visible on one side,I don't really even care about that though. The stone is really otherwise perfect...and honestly, it's not like I didn't plan on upgrading again...Oh well...
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
more more more,
although i am not into princess cut, but your ring sure looks beautiful. even if you were to get an upgrade, what are the chances of you getting a nice cut and color that you prefer, plus a price that you are happy with. i'm sure there's a lot of people on this board who would love to have your problem.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks VT....I'm going to see how the weekend goes. There is one other I saw online that might be nice.... And I know, we should all have such "problems"...lol... it's not easy being certifiable...On the other hand, I work hard at a job I don't particularly care for...and so does my hubby....so I deserve nice things...and when I spend that money, I want it to be perfect...
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Gee, this really sucks. And I know where you're coming from. What to do, What to do. You do deserve nice things-so go with the gut gal.
Hang with it until the upgrade or move on. I hope this doesn't drive you too crazy. Damn diamonds, who needs em'
errrr.gif
9.gif

Nan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results