shape
carat
color
clarity

MY NEW PRINCESS FROM GOG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, here she is!!!! I saw her online and called Good Old Gold...Jonathan was able to confirm the sarin so as not to waste my time...GOG is not only great for their stock stones...the price was great and I got GOG upgrade policies and analysis!!!! I think you can all tell I love GOG from all of my posts!!!

It''s a 2.10 princess, F si1, 70.7 depth, 69 table, 11.9 crown, Very good polish and symmetry, medium to slt thick girdle...the other info is on the link to the portions of the cert and sarin and BScope results....she''s a little small for the ct weight maybe (I think 7.03 X 7.05) I guess b/c it''s top heavy with the good crown height...

This picture does NOT DO IT JUSTICE. There is NO darkness to the stone and NO dark center...the thing shoots rainbows like crazy..the picture does not show the colored light return!!!...It got a high, v high and v high on the BScope... I''m in love!
1.gif

I should have it by next week and will post on my enormous man hands. The funny thing is, is that my wedding band is also 2.10 (shared prong 6 stone .35 princess band)!!!!
love.gif

p.s.- thanks for helping me post the pic researcher and everyone else who was so helpful!!!

MyPrincess.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oops- here is the link...there is no light scope.. I really didn't need to bother with it!
1.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_2_10ct_f_si1.htm

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow she's a beauty!!!
loopy.gif
Congratulations and I hope you get some sleep tonight!!! Dreaming sweet diamond dreams!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Again, that is a beautiful stone!
love.gif
I'm glad the posting worked for you
1.gif
We must have similar taste because I was telling my B/F that I want a 5 stone (.4 each) shared prong wedding band
appl.gif
I therefore can't wait to see the pictures of both rings on your finger! While you've probably posted the info before, what is your ring size?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whew! With such weight, you'll have one big left bicept in no time!
Congrats!

slb

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thought this was an odd little shot J took! It's still kind of cool! It's so hard to capture stones on camera I thing...

DSCN6035.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, oh Wow.
That babies a beauty. Can't wait to see it with the band/ combo.
Believe me, with that sucker on, no one will notice the "man hands."
Nan

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here is one more J took....E/t though this shot makes the stone LOOK dark, IT'S SO NOT...but it showing a TEENSY bit of the color and the scintillation I see!!!! There's no way I can take better shots....I'll have to try so you can see how it really looks in person!
1.gif

DSCN6036.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
love.gif

That's my dream princess! Enjoy it--and the setting is so simple yet elegant--shows off the stone wonderfully. When the stone is that good and a Princess, you don't need much else.
9.gif

Congrats!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the kind words...I might actually be happy. lol

And as for my ring size researcher, THE HORROR, THE HORROR....I'll have to post pix on my pinky...so you can get an idea of what the ring would look like on a normal girl's hand!
sad.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats mmm.... It looks like a beautiful stone, and I love the simple setting.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
MMM, I really love those "odd" shots that Jonathan took. They really give some unusual details. The dark one show to me almost like the facets in a waterfall. BEAUTIFUL!!! The second one shows some lovely purple peeking out of those facets. I love your ring. It is really a gorgeous princess. Congrats on a beautiful purchase, and for your patience in waiting for the right one to come along.

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
mmm, that is a stunning ring. I can't wait to see it on your hand!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys!!!!
appl.gif
I certainly do crave attention and compliments!!! LOL

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
10.gif

That rock is just gorgeous, and I am the Radiant lover, but I would be very happy with that baby on my hand!!!

I love the "odd" shot J took, pretty the way the facets show!

Enjoy it and please post hands pics soon!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratilations..The symmettry on your princess is awesome...
21.gif
Good luck with all your future endeavors...
21.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys!!! it's here, it's here, it's here.....! My hubby has it at work....he opened the box and said "dude, it's so white"...LOL...I can't wait to get it and will post pix tonight!!! Yippee!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you!!!
appl.gif
Congrats again! Please post pics ASAP!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It's here and I do love it!!! It really makes me speachless...Of course, I took some horrible pictures and then the camera died. I'll try again. The rainsbows are amazing...and it's such a white, bright stone.. I am a little worried though. This is an Si1...and they should never give you a loop as a gift with an si1...lol...Now that I can really study where the inclusions are, I can see the little black "dots" with my naked eye...they are really really faint but on the edge of the center white X....I mean, no one would ever notice it...but I'm a little surprised and bummed that this is supposed to be "eye clean"... I think as consumers, we have an erroneous idea of what eye clean is...I think it means "to a normal person who does not look for the inclusions obsessively after locating them at 10X magnification)...It's no biggie though....It's really weird b/c when I take the ring off and turn it around and wear it the "other" way, I can't see it...it's hidden in the reflection...When looking through the pavillion, I see that this is a tad "sloppy" Si1 with the little dark areas running vertically...I think I really should have a custom setting made to try to hide the suckers...Don't get me wrong...I would not have turned down the stone...and it is really so amazing...I'm just nervous about how much I'm going to obsess...I guess I'm also worried about one girl friend (with her 2 carat E RB)...I'm sure she's going to STUDY it... I guess I shouldn't care...but I'm a little bummed. Please tell me I'm crazy...

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You're crazy!!! That stone is a knockout and you know it!!! I'm dying to see the pics! Please post soon....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I knew you'd be on-line for me!!!
1.gif

But I can seeeee ittttt....lol....it's not a black dot or anything like that...it's this teensy little spotty that looks like it could be a reflection or something....even though it's not...I mean, granted, if I tried to show my hubby, he'd tell me I was crazy too (and then murder me)...Hmmm. Annoying!!!
1.gif
You really need to know where to look...and i do!!! Whatever...looks like I'll have to move the jubilee upgrade ahead by a year!

Anyhoo- I can't take pictures. They all suck. The digital is older...I put it on soom...but then my hand shakes...and when I go to take the picture - even though I can see the stone in the little window, when the pciture comes out, I have my big thumb...lol....

I'll go buy some batteries!

Thanks for the moral support researcher!!!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
There are only two ways to think about inclusions, as far as I'm concerned. You can be part of the crowd who likes them and thinks they're cool and unique and are all a special part of YOUR stone, like many Pricescopers do, or you can obsess over them until you feel compelled to upgrade. Either way, whichever camp you fall into probably has more to do with your personality than any sort of conscious choice.

Your stone is lovely, and you shouldn't apologize for the pictures, because they are beautiful. Think about the inclusions and the diamond overall and see how you feel about them in a week or so. By then you might not even care that they are there.

Otherwise, my advice would be to make darn sure that you end up with a stone that you're 100% happy with. That's what the return policy is for.

Daniela

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Here's my take on your stone:

The pictures Jonathan took were of the stone at 10x magnification. When you posted them, we could not see the inclusions. And, until you knew exactly where to look, you couldn't see the inclusions either (BTW, when I go to the GOG website for your stone I can't get the clarity or GIA plot to show). See what you get for wanting a white, white stone with no black spots--more things show! JK!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. Haven't you ever noticed how you obsess about things when they're new, but don't notice the imperfections later on? I know that when I first got my car I looked it over constantly to make sure there were no scratches or blemishes. Now I don't even think about them (as long as they're nothing more than a tiny spot). It was the same thing when my B/F and I moved into our house. We didn't understand how the last tenants had lived in such filth--there was dust and dirt everywhere it seemed even though professional cleaners had been brought in--but I bet, despite our best efforts, it isn't much better now. My point is that things bug you when you're expecting them to be perfect and are inspecting them thoroughly, but as soon as you get used to them you're usually quite happy.

Moremoremore, you have an amazing stone!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
See how you feel about it in a week or two. Once all the compliments come rolling in (which they will), you'll forget all about the tiny spots you've convinced yourself are there. And if you're not 100% satisfied, I think getting another setting is a great idea! Don't give up that stone--it's one of the most stunning I've seen to date!!!

BTW, you're torturing me by not posting the pics on your hand!!!
naughty.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys! What do you think about this setting (with V prongs)...Not from that site...but I'd have it made...is it cheezy? I think it could do a nice job covering any pesky incusions...Have you seen anything like it elsewhere?
http://www.chicjewelry.com

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That really is a stunning princess.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. Congrats! Now let's see some shots of it on your finger
appl.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I'm still manic about it...

Here is a pic...hopefully you can see it...

If you look at the center of the stone...right on top is that white area (the top of the X)...well, smack in the middle (of the left white area) are those little speckles I'm seeing...This is normal for an si1?

HB Pr210FSI1 Finished 2.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
First, I'm not thrilled about that setting--sorry! I think you would do better getting one of those surprise diamond settings (I've attached a Vatche one as an example--although with a round center).

As for the inclusions, I see what you're talking about but highly doubt anyone will notice them unless you do what you did here--point them out! Also, this picture is magnified so it's easier to see them. I don't know if this is normal for an SI1 (it seems as though your pinpoints are under the table more than mine), but it's definitely not bad. From the picture it honestly looks like little specks of really white light reflecting off the stone. I would definitely have a problem with these inclusions if they were black, but I truly don't think anyone (but you and the people you point them out to) will notice them as they stand. Why don't you contact Jonathan and see if a different setting would hide them better?

Again, moremoremore, your stone is amazing. I wish you were happier with it and could see what we're all seeing!!! Then again, with your wedding runner sticking with you for so long...LOL! I truly understand where you're coming from but honestly believe that you have one beautiful ring on your hand
1.gif

Attachments

• vatchep.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 370

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I don't mean the setting you currently have--I mean the setting you're considering!!! Just wanted to clarify....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Now I'm the one who's nuts!!! I went back to look at the setting, and when I saw the other angles I like it more. My first impression was that, with your large stone, it would be sitting an inch above your finger!!! With a few modifications, however, it could be really nice.

Oh, how I wish I was one of those people who thinks before speaking/writing instead of doing things simultaneously!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results