shape
carat
color
clarity

My new/old Whiteflash ring is done!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a peek at the Lab report. I''t my first ''D''.
9.gif

LW-WF-DQD.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you''re thinking, Bring On the Bling!

So here you go....

LW-WF-inbox.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s just too perfect.
I love the design.
Congratulations.
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great, I''d love to see a hand shot if you can!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2010 12:17:00 AM
Author: dreamer_d
It looks great, I''d love to see a hand shot if you can!
I posted these pics in my JBEG thread, but I''ll share them here also since the WF ring is in them.

LW-ACA-157.jpg

And here is is being the meat in an Eightstar sandwich.
9.gif

LW-Trilogy-floor.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:52:39 PM
Author: kenny
I love the design.
Congratulations.
36.gif
Thanks kenny. It''s really cool to see a ring I''ve worn for years lighting up the room like never before. Now I have to figure out to do with the unemployed diamond that came out of the ring.
9.gif
Here''s a handshot of the 3 from arms length. These pics are interesting in that neither Eightstar is intended to stay in it''s current mount and it''s probably the only time I''ll have them all on my finger like that.

LW-3-flag-PS.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
If you folks are tired of looking at this ring I''ll shut up in here, but I just had to post a few more until then...
9.gif
I''m enjoying this new/old ring.

Here''s a shot I couldn''t resist posting. I had carried the Eightstar over to show a friend that wants to learn about diamonds and stuck it on my finger afterward for safekeeping. I had my camera handy and got this fun pic of the flash coming off this little rock. Yes, the rings are dirty in spite of having just cleaned them. But hey, I''m in Iraq and they don''t call it the sandbox for nothing. That''s genuine Iraqi dust you''re seeing there...
41.gif

LW-WF-fire.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Once I took the 1.57 off and walked back outside I got this pic that I really like...

LW-WF-colorflash.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
And this one is a pretty accurate pic of what I see when I look at it. That is, when I''m not being flash-blinded...
31.gif

LW-ACA-outdoorhand.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
This isn''t the best pic, but you can see a little about how it''s set. It''s completely open on the sides, but it''s so smooth and snagfree.

LW-ACA-side.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2010 8:50:03 AM
Author: Lone_Wolfe

Date: 5/16/2010 10:52:39 PM
Author: kenny
I love the design.
Congratulations.
36.gif
Thanks kenny. It''s really cool to see a ring I''ve worn for years lighting up the room like never before. Now I have to figure out to do with the unemployed diamond that came out of the ring.
9.gif
Here''s a handshot of the 3 from arms length. These pics are interesting in that neither Eightstar is intended to stay in it''s current mount and it''s probably the only time I''ll have them all on my finger like that.
LW now that is a sweet pic
10.gif
9.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Since I got this ring back it has…

Gotten a couple new scratches to replace the ones WF buffed out.

Spent time in a bunker because the base was being attacked.

Gotten covered in barbeque sauce from ribs.

Met a fairly famous musician.

Ridden in a BlackHawk (twice)

Gotten stared at by me a lot.

Shaken hands with an Iraqi military commander

Looked over a T-wall into an Iraqi city

Gotten so dirty it bore more resemblance to a P I-3 than the D VS it really is....

A rather interesting life for one little ring, I think. I was waiting to post a few more pics until after the upgrade, but think I’ll put them up in the next couple days instead.
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed the hand shots, they look really great! The stone is blinding white. My next diamond purchase I think will be a nice colorless gem.

So who was the musician? I am dying to know!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Rings are meant to be worn, and yours is having a wonderful life. You have a very sturdy setting to go with your active life. Love it!!!!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life from your ring's perspective.. that's an interesting thought.

I guess my ring has done some pretty cool things too, now that I think about it...not many get to sleep with me afterall
5.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 5:07:41 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I missed the hand shots, they look really great! The stone is blinding white. My next diamond purchase I think will be a nice colorless gem.

So who was the musician? I am dying to know!

Thanks!
35.gif
I''ll get some more pics here as soon as my slow connection cooperates.

You''re not planning on trading in your 1.666 yet, are you?
31.gif
The musician was Jeff Ellis. Up and coming country star who happens to also be an E-6 stationed here. He was waiting for a flight and had his guitar and harmonica with him, so I asked if he''d play something. First song he played was "I''m Not Leaving This Time", and he was real surprised when I sang along word for word.
9.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
oops, double post.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 5:24:05 PM
Author: yssie
Life from your ring''s perspective.. that''s an interesting thought.

I guess my ring has done some pretty cool things too, now that I think about it...not many get to sleep with me afterall
5.gif
hehehe, you have a point there. Not many get to sleep with me either, but I almost never take my rings off to sleep, shower, etc around here. It''s a whole lot easier to keep track of them on my fingers over here. Of course the ones not being worn right now are locked in my wall locker. Here''s a couple more of my ring''s view of my world. This pic was taken looking out the back of a Chinook helicopter flying over Iraq.

LW-ACA-inChinook.jpg

And this one was what you get when you introduce a ''D'' to Mr. Overhead Sun.

LW-ACA-DirectSun.jpg

Fire and Ice

Shiny_Rock
Cool picture!!

I think it''s really interesting to see your rings perspective. When you think about it, every stone has a very unique story to tell. I''m a sucker for a great OEC knowing of the history behind them.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I was playing with a H&A viewer this evening and got this shot that I couldn''t resist posting here. I was sure wishing I had 3 hands when I was doing this...

LW-ACAringHAviewer.JPG

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Let's see if I can post a pic in this new version...

A nice morning fire shot.... :sun:

You can also see some of the scratches I've managed to put back on the poor ring.... :oops:

LW-ACA-CloseFire2.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
That's so cool! I love that ring!!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am just now seeing this! so pretty! I am glad you have a gorgeous ring like this! I also have a ring that is tension set. I love that there are no prongs and you wont snag it on stuff!
Congrats!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
betty6333 said:
Hi, I am just now seeing this! so pretty! I am glad you have a gorgeous ring like this! I also have a ring that is tension set. I love that there are no prongs and you wont snag it on stuff!
Congrats!

Thanks Betty! :wavey: I'd like to see your ring too. Mine's not a true tension set, in that it sits down on an opening in the setting and the gold just laps over the sides. I've always loved the snaglessness of this ring, but I love that even more over here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results