shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Old Mine Cut from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winnie

Rough_Rock
I hope i can post the pix-
Mark showed a beautiful selection of old mine cuts and chunky cushion in the 2c t-2.99 range- I went with this 2.55 I VS2-
Mark had 6-7 stones to show me all with the chunky specs I wanted....so I highly recommend seeing what he has, as he immediate access to some beauties....
The stones in the ring are F, and in person, the stone matches perfectly- unfortunately, the pix do not do it justice but it is VERY ANTIQUEY and CHUNKY looking.

myrock4.JPG

winnie

Rough_Rock
and another...

myrock2.JPG

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 1:57:24 PM
Author: winnie
and another...
Really Beautiful ring!!

Sorry to pepper you with questions but I am planning something quite similar with Mark and I hope you don't mind me asking.

Did Mark create that ring for you? How would you compare it to the original winnie?

Would you happen to know the size of the melee and the shank diamonds?

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi! The setting is Leon Mege - my husband went to him because we originally were going to do something with French cut sapphires etc but then went with this setting instead

i have to look at my spec sheet at home for the melee specs for you-not a proble

I think Mark could make a beautiful version of this

I love my ring- but it was pricey....

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely jaw-droppingly magnificent! Congratulations - that''s a blindingly beautiful ring!

winnie

Rough_Rock
AW THANKS! Honestly in person, it looks so much better- not such a great photographer....
Mark went over and above looking for the perfect diamond- I was never an "I" color girl but the stone is cut so beautifully it sort of out shone some of the F''s and other higher colors we looked at (not to say they were not beautiful) - it looks very unique in person

thanks for your kind words

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To die for congrats Winnie!!!
30.gif
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just lovely! What great finger coverage!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amazing! Congratulations
36.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!
The chunky facets are truly beautiful.... I am loving it!
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, very beautiful and elegant!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Drooling over the high crown! Congrats, she''s a beauty!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good heavens, it''s just gorgeous!
30.gif
You need to move this to SMTR, so everyone can enjoy it.
1.gif

Congratulations, and very well done!
36.gif

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful ! ! ! !

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see any color at all. All I see are the perfect facets. They are just lovely. Congratulations, Winnie!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Winnie, your new ring is STUNNING!!!!! Congratulations and enjoy it!!!!

ps- what did you do with your old stone/ setting, if you dont mind me asking?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my god......that crown is fit for a princess!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I was wondering if you have photos of the other stones you saw.

winnie

Rough_Rock
dani- i traded in the other ring/stone
i wasnt looking for an upgrade- i happened to be with a friend shopping for diamonds at ERD and Mark had a few that he showed me...I saw this one and just jokingly told my husband that I stumbled upon a really unique stone and then he wanted to see it...one thing lead to another and he bought it- and my friend bought a beautiful chunky 2 ct

charmy- i dont have pix of the other stones- sorry!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 9:50:00 PM
i wasnt looking for an upgrade- i happened to be with a friend shopping for diamonds at ERD and Mark had a few that he showed me...I saw this one and just jokingly told my husband that I stumbled upon a really unique stone and then he wanted to see it...one thing lead to another and he bought it- and my friend bought a beautiful chunky 2 ct

Anytime you have those stats on the melee I am happy to see them. I am going to guess about 0.9 - 1pt melee and about 1 carat total of melee diamonds :). If I get this correct I will open a booth at the circus, guess your weight and ring specifications. Still
30.gif
your new ring and I am really struggling with cast versus hand made and wondering if cast can look as delicate and refined as hand made even though I need about a 2 - 2.2mm shank size.

BTW in your first ring did you use larger diamonds in the shank than in the halo melee?

Regards,
CCL

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 9:50:00 PM

Gorgeous ring! great looking stone!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Sublime! You really know how to get the job done right, winnie! No waffling, no hesitation, just POW. Perfection.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
winnie, that cushion is gorgeous! And the Leon setting is perfection!

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Wow Winnie, that ring is stunning! Are you able to wear a wedding band with it? Would love to see more pics!

winnie

Rough_Rock
smo- i havent tried it on with the band yet believe it or not- i have an eternity band but i think i will switch that to the other hand

ccl- here''s the melee specs, etc 1.2 around stone.....1.7-1.8 in band- (i would recommend if your financee has thicker fingers to beef this up a bit but i am sure she has nice hands as sometimes i think thin bands looks like they are lost on bigger fingers, just my opinion )

i think mark could do a great job on this.. the only reason i went to leon is that i originally wanted a very particular deco style style that he had done before, and it was tricky - and once i started talking about the nuances of this deco creation, we just went with the HW - since we were at leon''s, we just went with him since we were there, not because we didnt think mark"s would be great....
if u go with leon, the ring will take a bit for completion- just an fyi-

ccl- what is your stone like?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I love it
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
That is GORGEOUS and HUGE!!
30.gif

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 9:53:16 AM
smo- i havent tried it on with the band yet believe it or not- i have an eternity band but i think i will switch that to the other hand

ccl- here''s the melee specs, etc 1.2 around stone.....1.7-1.8 in band- (i would recommend if your financee has thicker fingers to beef this up a bit but i am sure she has nice hands as sometimes i think thin bands looks like they are lost on bigger fingers, just my opinion )

i think mark could do a great job on this.. the only reason i went to leon is that i originally wanted a very particular deco style style that he had done before, and it was tricky - and once i started talking about the nuances of this deco creation, we just went with the HW - since we were at leon''s, we just went with him since we were there, not because we didnt think mark''s would be great....
if u go with leon, the ring will take a bit for completion- just an fyi-

ccl- what is your stone like?
Winnie,

THANK-YOU!!!! I have been so worried about matching the size of the melee in the halo to the size of the band. Seems like you don''t need to do this.
So from whomever does it I can get our preferred 0.9pt (1.2mm) melee in the halo (like yours) and 1.25 - 1.5 pointers in the shank for a band of 2-2.2mm.

My stone is this:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-shocking-final-diamond-choice-i-gave-to-my-fiance-which-one-would-you-pick.121154/ (for pictures)

Cushion Brilliant 7.08mm 7.04mm 4.67mm
1.59Ct H VS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to thick faceted
Table: 59%
Depth: 66.3%
Fluorescence: None

What about the curves in your new ring(like on the posts of the cathedral) compared to your old ring do you think these can be cast and did you have curved pieces in your old ring?

Any other overall comments or design suggestions? After all you started the halo trend with mark at ERD!
A picture of the bottom of your ring would be helpful if you wouldn''t mind.

winnie

Rough_Rock
ccl- quick post as i have to run

i think the nuances of the actual design of a ring depends alot on the stone- even at HW the halos differ a bit to accomodate the stone- my ring in terms of everything is almost exact to HW - what makes my ring special is THE STONE- it''s a very different looking stone in person and the ring in person has a very unique look since it is a very chunky, old mine cushion

in termsof curves, i dont know what u mean- the stem cathedral-stems? the HW is straighter and the leon is more curved but u dont notice that at all- the degree-angle again depends on the shape and depth of ur stone - know what i mean

will try and get more pix

more later - i need to reread ur post and see if i answered all questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results