shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Old Mine Cut from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 3:39:29 PM
Author: winnie
ccl- quick post as i have to run

i think the nuances of the actual design of a ring depends alot on the stone- even at HW the halos differ a bit to accomodate the stone- my ring in terms of everything is almost exact to HW - what makes my ring special is THE STONE- it's a very different looking stone in person and the ring in person has a very unique look since it is a very chunky, old mine cushion

in termsof curves, i dont know what u mean- the stem cathedral-stems? the HW is straighter and the leon is more curved but u dont notice that at all- the degree-angle again depends on the shape and depth of ur stone - know what i mean

will try and get more pix

more later - i need to reread ur post and see if i answered all questions.....
Its a modern 8 main cut but with a similar crown height to the antique 8 main types. Its very similar to moremoremore's diamond.
Also like Lablover's https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-as-promised-of-my-cushion.85467/page-2
Yes I meant the cathedral stems, comparing your old ERD ring to the new one. Just from looking at pictures of both of your rings it looks like the halo is in the same plane as the girdle and directly perpendicular to the diamond whereas the HW halo slopes downwards. It sounds like I am worrying too much about the little nuances in the ring design.
My Fiance likes the diamond she chose so I'm not so worried about that part.

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi! ok- i know what u mean- my new ring and the HW look the same to me....i have obsessively tried on the real HW and it looks pretty identical- also the old ring in regards to where the halo meets the girdle was the same, at least to me and i am pretty detailed orientated...

your stone looks beautiful- similiar to my old stone....

mark will make a great ring- it just depends if u want to spend more on the leon - however, at a certain point, you need to let go a bit and let the experts take over :)
i understand the nuances of the details but again, alot depends on the halo suiting the actual STONE- no two halos will be 100% alike...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results