shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Leon Mege Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Pixie, it''s so beautiful
30.gif
I love side of view too
and I am so glad to hear that your husband likes it too
36.gif

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Bling diva, I''ll have to take more pictures of my wedding set. The ones that I took before didn''t come out too well. I think I finally figured out how to take better pictures today for this ring.

Lizz, I didn''t notice the link on my thread before and I just looked at your thread. Your ring is gorgeous too! You kitty is adorable!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new Leon masterpiece! That is one breathtaking beauty!!!

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Gail, I was cracking up about the exact same thing too. Being preggers right now, the word "laxative" has heightened meaning to me...
9.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
WOWSAS!! That''s gorgeous!! Congrats and wear it in good health! It looks HUGE!!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I''ve seen that ring on Leon''s web site and it''s so great to be able to see it on a real hand! It''s STUNNING. Incredibly detailed, intricate, and well-made. Congratulations!!! And what I wouldn''t give for your long thin fingers!!!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Kristydarling...you have tiny fingers already!

Congratulations Pixie...the ring turned out perfect and I haven''t seen a new Leon on here for awhile.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulatoins on your beautiful new ring!
36.gif
Leon Mege''s work is always worth the wait.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2006 11:23:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ok, your ring is exactly the reason I should stay away from PS, or at least SMTR..lol..

it makes me second guess my choices for my own upgrade. I just adore cushions and had considered one for a looooooong time. You have a gorgeous cushion with an unbelievable setting. definitely one of my all time favorites...

Nooooooo Mrs. S.!!! I have seen your rock in person and it is STUNNING! But... you could do a setting *similar* to this if you wanted to. I think a round in a "cushiony" halo--especially made by Leon!--would be to die for!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Pixie-

Your new ring is just beautiful- there are no more words!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Enjoy it, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2006 12:06:56 AM
Author: gailrmv

Date: 8/19/2006 10:01:38 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

No superlaxatives can aptly describe your ring---all I can say is congrats
30.gif
!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
That cracks me up. Guessing you meant superlatives. Funny when the fingers automatically want to type something else!

The ring is SOOOO beautiful! I love the bubble type effect of the bezel set diamonds underneath the halo.
HI:

Oh no, I really meant lots of ....oh never mind!
2.gif
The funniest typo I''ve made!!!!!! I blame the wine last night.....LOLOLOL

cheers--Sharon

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow...I want your tiny fingers! It looks wonderful! And that side view is to die for!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! Reena''s ring has always been a favorite and it looks absolutely stunning on your tiny fingers. Congratulations!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pixie ~
emrose.gif

WOW!
30.gif

Your ring is incredibly sparklie!
emhot.gif
emsmiled.gif

It''s gorgeous!
face23.gif

Thanks for sharing your new beauty with us, and awesome
emhot.gif
shine
emphoto.gif
''s too!
9.gif

Enjoy and have a great day!
35.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
WOWWW!! Your ring is just incredible, a total masterpiece.
30.gif
And it looks enormous on your small finger, lucky gal!
2.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2006 10:30:21 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

ok, your ring is exactly the reason I should stay away from PS, or at least SMTR..lol..

it makes me second guess my choices for my own upgrade. I just adore cushions and had considered one for a looooooong time. You have a gorgeous cushion with an unbelievable setting. definitely one of my all time favorites...

Nooooooo Mrs. S.!!! I have seen your rock in person and it is STUNNING! But... you could do a setting *similar* to this if you wanted to. I think a round in a ''cushiony'' halo--especially made by Leon!--would be to die for!
30.gif

i''m having a hard enough time w/out adding your brillant idea in the mix. I wonder if a cushiony halo could be done
11.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Love your gorgeous new ring!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh MY... that is a heart-stoppingly gorgeous ring... EXACTLY my idea of the perfect RHR. And I am in total shock at how enormous it is on your tiny, delicate fingers... 3 months was definitely worth the wait!! Enjoy your beautiful new toy...
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2006 5:59:09 PM
Date: 8/20/2006 10:30:21 AM

Author: Dee*Jay

Nooooooo Mrs. S.!!! I have seen your rock in person and it is STUNNING! But... you could do a setting *similar* to this if you wanted to. I think a round in a 'cushiony' halo--especially made by Leon!--would be to die for!
30.gif

i'm having a hard enough time w/out adding your brillant idea in the mix. I wonder if a cushiony halo could be done
11.gif

Oh yes Mrs. S.! Here is just one example (that I just happened to be e-mailing Bill P. about tonight
9.gif
). And if Beverly K/Carl Blackburn (I think they are the same company now, yes?) can make a cushiony halo on a round stone imagine what Leon could do -- Ohh la la!!! Or, I'm sure Simon K, Michael Beaudry or Jack Kelege (which is my back-up plan) would be *quite* nice too! Believe me, there are plenty out there. If you want some more examples let me know (you can get my e-mail address from Bill) and I'll send you others that I've run across.

Example with a sapphire center: link
Setting alone with no stone: link

(Sorry Pixie for the thread jack!)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W! Your ring is absolutely stunning!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
THUNK! (I just fell on the floor.)
WHOA!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Great pics! Congratulations on 10 years.
Thank you so much for sharing.

WOW...

Scintillating...

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s comments, including the comments on my fingers. The funny thing is that I think my fingers are way too skinny (so are my arms and legs), and I would like them to be more shapely. And I sure have seen some gorgeous hands here on pricescope! I guess the grass is always greener!

Oh, I also wanted to mention that the ring took 3 1/2 months to make, but I also didn''t call Mark/Leon on a regular basis to nag them to finish. After a month, I checked in with Mark to see how it was going. He emailed me that everything was fine. Then I really didn''t check back in for another month. Like I said, the other lurker on pricescope called on a regular basis to check on her ring, and she got hers done in 2 to 2 1/2 months. She turned her diamond in a month after mine and got hers delivered a few days before mine. The squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease, but like I said before, I was losing a bit of interest so I wasn''t that anxious about it after a while. Maybe Leon was waiting to make both of ours at the same time for efficiency. I think it all worked out well in the end. If I was super anxious, I''m not sure if it would have sped up the process, and it would have driven me crazy!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a beautiful ring. It looks so large on your finger too. Leon does such beautiful work, congrats.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow Pixie this ring is amazing.
Nothing like a Mark T/ Leon Mege combo!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOTHER OF !!! It''s gorgeous! The side detailing reminds me of Reena''s ring. It is drop dead GORGEOUS. Just to die for.
3.gif

Pixie

Rough_Rock
I wanted to post some information on insurance for any of you interested. I''ve read about going through homeowners, Chubb, Jeweler''s Mutual, etc. on pricescope. Living in Southern California AND LA County, I''m probably subject to one of the highest premiums in the country. So, going through Allstate and my homeowner''s insurance, the quote was $967/year with $1K deductible. Then I got a quote from Jeweler''s Mutual. It was $606/year no deductible and $497/year with $1K deductible. My last quote from Chubb was $461/year no deductible. So it turns out that the policy that everyone thinks has the best program is the least expensive for me. Here''s the contact information of the person I worked with to get my Chubb policy. She was lightening fast and was the third agency listed on the Chubb website in my area. The first two agencies would not do standalone policies. I would definitely recommend these guys. I talked to her, she got a quote for me within 5 minutes, and she endorsed the policy the same afternoon. She says that they do standalone policies for jewelry all the time.

Debbie Meade
CM Meiers Co.
818-224-6100

Couture

Rough_Rock
Oooh, I love your ring. I love cushions, I love halos, I love pave... its got it all!!
Those art of platinum rings are all so gorgeous!!

I have a couple of questions:
-How thick (mm) is the band?
-How big are the diamonds on the band? (.02? .01?)

Thanks and congrats!!
1.gif

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Kat - I just measured the band and it looks like it''s about 2mm. I do remember reading somewhere that Leon and maybe other vendors recommended to not go under 2mm for micropave. It seems thin and delicate to me without being too delicate so I would worry. As far as the melees, I have no idea what size they are. On the band, the diamonds are slightly larger toward the center stone and then become gradually smaller as they approach the back of the band so they are not consistent in size. I trusted Leon''s artistic eye so I didn''t get involved in asking all the details. Actually, I didn''t even talk to Leon once about my particular ring during the entire process. I had talked to him once about quotes for other settings, which he was very nice about, but not the one I ended up choosing. I''m sure if you called him, he could tell you the details though...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Pixie, your ring is absolutely amazing! I love, love, love it!
30.gif
Congrats on 10 years of marriage & your baby on the way!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW, I''m a bit late, but it''s GOREGOUS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results