shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Leon Mege Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I''m finally posting the pictures of my finished anniversary rh ring. It is the same style as Reena''s and is trademarked as "523 Heidy" by Leon. Mark Turnowski helped me with the selection of the center stone and worked with Leon on my behalf.
Here are the stats of my ring and stone:

2.04 ct H VS1
8.06 x 7.29 x 4.92 (L/W 1.11)
D 67.5% T 56%
G Sl Thk F
C Med
P Ex S VG
F None

The ring has 0.79 cts of melees since my finger is so small at a size 3. I really LOVE the look of the ring. The melees are soooo dainty but still definable individually. The whole ring is very elegant, and I''m very pleased with the results. Since it was taking so long to be made, I started losing a bit of interest in it, and I started worrying that I wasted a lot of money with my little, or in this case, big obsession. But when I opened the fedex box and tried the ring on, I was in love! Now I want matching earrings!

Here are some pictures...

Cushion 001_edited2.jpg

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Close-up of picture above.

Cushion 001_edited.JPG

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Another close-up front view...

Cushion 006_edited.JPG

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Profile...

Cushion 012_edited.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/19/2006 8:53:28 PM
Author:Pixie
Hi Everyone,

I''m finally posting the pictures of my finished anniversary rh ring. It is the same style as Reena''s and is trademarked as ''523 Heidy'' by Leon. Mark Turnowski helped me with the selection of the center stone and worked with Leon on my behalf.
Here are the stats of my ring and stone:

2.04 ct H VS1
8.06 x 7.29 x 4.92 (L/W 1.11)
D 67.5% T 56%
G Sl Thk F
C Med
P Ex S VG
F None

The ring has 0.79 cts of melees since my finger is so small at a size 3. I really LOVE the look of the ring. The melees are soooo dainty but still definable individually. The whole ring is very elegant, and I''m very pleased with the results. Since it was taking so long to be made, I started losing a bit of interest in it, and I started worrying that I wasted a lot of money with my little, or in this case, big obsession. But when I opened the fedex box and tried the ring on, I was in love! Now I want matching earrings!

Here are some pictures...
Wow Pixie..This is a very beatiful Ring. Awesome Photograph...That Diamond looks SOOO MUCH bigger than 2 carat because of your tiny fingers. THis is one of the nicest photos Ive seen of a ring in the sunlight!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. That thing is FANTASTIC!!!

Congratulations and please post at least a million more pictures!

(I've seen a lot of Leon's pieces on this site, but THIS is the one that makes me what to pick up the phone and call him RIGHT NOW to set my own stone!!!)

Pixie

Rough_Rock
The other profile view... Sorry the pictures are so huge! I did crop it down, but I guess I still need to shrink it down... I''ll try the compressed version here...

Cushion 013_edited2.JPG

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Another...

Cushion 014_edited2.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask how long your project took?

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Thanks Josh and DeeJay!! Last picture...

Cushion 015_edited2.jpg

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Well, my husband told me last November or December that he wanted to get me a 10th anniversary ring (we had been dating for 10 years around Christmas time). So I started looking for stones and found pricescope on and off. I couldn''t decide on the style of the ring and was originally going to get a 3-stone radiant as of January or February. Then it took a long time for the radiant I wanted to be available to me. I then lost interest in the radiant and decided on the cushion in March. Mark helped me pick some stones and sent them to me in April/early May. I decided on the stone and it has taken 3 1/2 months for the ring to be completed. So, my 5th wedding anniversary is coming up September 1. I guess it''s just in time for another anniversary...

Another person who is a lurker on pricescope also got the same exact ring as me. She turned her stone in a month after me and Leon got her ring done at the same time, so I was just unlucky with the timing. But Leon and his team are artists, and I guess the wait was worth it!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous. Congrats Pixie.

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG...it''s beyond stunning!!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
Lordy!

Congratulations!
widget

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is fabulous! I love the "basket" style setting. The halo makes it look HUGE!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!! It''s incredible!! I love the side view. I hope you do get matching earrings!! I''d love to see pictures of them too!!
30.gif
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2006 9:17:21 PM
Author: Pixie
I decided on the stone and it has taken 3 1/2 months for the ring to be completed.

Three and a half months... hmmmm... not sure I have that kind of patience...

But going back and looking at your amazing ring (for the 100th time already!) I might have to consider it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No superlaxatives can aptly describe your ring---all I can say is congrats
30.gif
!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
pixie!

absolutely incredible ring!

congratulations on the 10 yrs together/5 yrs married milestone, and what a wonderful way to commemorate it.
31.gif
31.gif

Might I be the first to say, PLEASE DO NOT RESIZE YOUR PICS any smaller, I LOVE the great look we are getting at it!!!

it is totally gorgeous and while I agree 3 1/2 months is a longgggg wait, look at that awesome ring you have to show for it!!!

oh, and with such a beaute on your right hand, what on earth do you wear on your left???

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!!! I fell in love with Reena''s ring, and I love yours just as much!!!! The craftsmanship is amazing, and it sparkles like no other!!!!
30.gif

Pixie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s nice comments!

Yes, 3 1/2 months is a loooong wait. My husband even started to get impatient and asked me when it was going to get delivered, considering it was really my project. He just transferred the funds into my bank account.
2.gif
He even thinks the ring is gorgeous, which is not usually his thing.

As far as my left hand, I kept my wedding set since it is sentimental to me. Here are some pictures of that set at this link: Pixie''s Wedding Set. This new ring is supposed to be the big rock that I''ve been lusting for. Since my fingers are so small, hopefully shrinkage will not set in for me to want a bigger one in the future. Not sure if I could carry off anything bigger since I''m so petite. As it is, I feel kinda funny wearing this one. I''ve noticed in meetings at work that people are a bit distracted by it when I''m pointing things out. I''m not flashy, but I do like big diamonds!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Pixie, it is beyond stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Gorgeous cushion and that setting is amazing. Please take more pics for us when you get a chance, I am drooling here......... OMG!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow pixie I realllllly like your wedding set too!

lucky girl, you have such pretties on both hands.

Wish I WAS sitting in the room at your meetings, I would be attentive when you were pointing at stuff, and I would ask for a closer look!!! lol

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic ring!!! Congratulations. Love the stats on your stone and the way the setting turned out too.
36.gif

Thanks for the close up photos. More photos please.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning, Pixie
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Pixie, your wedding set is pretty too!! Do you have any more pics of it??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, your ring is exactly the reason I should stay away from PS, or at least SMTR..lol..
it makes me second guess my choices for my own upgrade. I just adore cushions and had considered one for a looooooong time. You have a gorgeous cushion with an unbelievable setting. definitely one of my all time favorites...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking the same thing . . . if that''s your RHR, what does your e-ring look like?!
9.gif
I just looked at it in the other thread . . . it''s beautiful too.

This ring is just gorgeous. Reena''s is one of my all-time FAVORITE RINGS EVER!!!! I just went back and read the thread where you''re trying to choose a setting, and didn''t realize that Deco had referenced my ring! I have a cushion halo too, although a smaller center stone.

Enjoy! Congrats on both anniversaries and on your upcoming baby #2!

Pixie

Rough_Rock
With all the beautiful rings available, especially after looking at all the rings everyone owns on pricescope, it was definitely a hard choice and I totally understand the second-guessing. That''s another reason why this project took so long. I''ve had so many completely different styles that I was going to get at one time or another. But, I figure there''s always more fingers and more occasions you can get new rings, right?

As for baby #2, I can''t wait till she arrives in November. 3 more months to go... Then I''ll have a boy (who''s almost 2 1/2) and a girl. I''ll hopefully be done!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 10:01:38 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

No superlaxatives can aptly describe your ring---all I can say is congrats
30.gif
!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
That cracks me up. Guessing you meant superlatives. Funny when the fingers automatically want to type something else!

The ring is SOOOO beautiful! I love the bubble type effect of the bezel set diamonds underneath the halo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results