shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Jeff White Imperial Malaya Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shimmersgarnet9.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shimmersgarnet10.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Last one!!!! I will have to clean my rings and do a proper photo shoot this weekend...stay tuned for more!

shimmersgarnet11.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shimmer, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats on your colored beauty!
9.gif
I love the color!!
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is beautiful, congrats on your new pretty
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! that turned out amazingly - congrats and i can''t wait to see more hand shots!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring. Love that colored garnet. So pretty. You are really going to enjoy wearing that!
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, that is LOVELY!
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WOW it turned out gorgeous!

Nice colour, by the way!

Congratulations.

p.s. you mentioned "customs". is this as in US-Canada? Any tips for me? WF will be shipping mine to Canada and I''m a bit concerned about brokerage fees (though I understand FEDEX doesn''t charge brokerage).What paperwork were you referring to?

Did WF arrange shipping to a drop off point for Fedex, or did you have it delivered to your office directly?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

LS

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, it looks soooo yummy. beautiful.

Sorry if you''ve already mentioned it, what''s the spec?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH that was quick!!
36.gif
It is DREAMY! What a fantastic piece that no other will have! Great pics... I like picture #7...and the tomatoe shot is too cool!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s GORGEOUS!
30.gif
And I don''t usually like pink, LOL! I luvs that though. Congrats!!!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/25/2008 1:50:32 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Nice colour, by the way!

Congratulations.

p.s. you mentioned ''customs''. is this as in US-Canada? Any tips for me? WF will be shipping mine to Canada and I''m a bit concerned about brokerage fees (though I understand FEDEX doesn''t charge brokerage).What paperwork were you referring to?

Did WF arrange shipping to a drop off point for Fedex, or did you have it delivered to your office directly?

LS

Thank you all!!! The stone color changes in every lighting condition, sometimes it is a dark yummy brandy/cognac, others a bright light peachy pink! I feel so lucky to have such a gorgeous stone in a gorgeous setting, it really looks like an antique heirloom. I have to say that I like the tacori a lot better with the garnet in it
4.gif

LS: Yes, I live in Canada. How it works is that WF sends you an email that the item has shipped, usually around 6pm and they provide the fedex tracking #. It makes it''s way to the destination''s nearest customs office (for me, Calgary, but I still live 3hrs away) overnight and usually arrives there about 6am, according to the tracking system.

This is where I have learned to speed it up. Usually I wait for fedex to call me, around 11am, and they ask me to fill out a One Time Power of Attorny, so that fedex can act as your broker for customs. They email it, I fill it out and fax it to the number they have provided. This starts processing at about 1pm (waiting for clearance at customs), and unfortunately, the last shipment to my city goes out right about then. So I miss it for that day and get it the next. They deliver right to my office because there is no ''holding station'' in my city. If I miss delivery, it goes right back to Calgary for the night and back here the next day
38.gif
. IF you have a holding station in your city, you can go pick it up as soon as it has cleared. I drove to Calgary to do this when I got my ering
3.gif
. There are no brokerage fees, I just pay GST on new purchases (no PST in AB, but I assume you would have to pay that as well if you are elsewhere). I think the normal procedure from WF is to have the package held at the fedex holding station for you to pickup, rather than delivered to you. I would double check that though!

NOW, I have saved the OTPOA to my computer and have filed the fedex fax # in Calgary, so as soon as it arrives in Calgary, I have it ready to go and fax it in (I did it at 8:30 am). This gave them enough time to clear customs before the last shipment left for my city, so I got it the same day (well, the next day after it left Houston but the same day that it arrived in Calgary).

So, in summary of my long essay
5.gif
I would reccommend as soon as you get the tracking #, call Fedex (choose the US to Canada/International option) and ask them to email the OTPOA and the fax # that you would have to send it in to (they should be able to figure out where it will clear customs). Then fill it out and have it ready to fax as soon as it arrives at the fedex/customs location (early the next morning). I have not faxed it before the package arrives to that location to avoid any confusion and possible delay. Keep the fax # and save the OTPOA for your next purchase
3.gif
!

Hope this helped, and sorry that was such a long explanation!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 11:29:14 AM
Author: shimmer

Date: 7/25/2008 1:50:32 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Nice colour, by the way!

Congratulations.

p.s. you mentioned ''customs''. is this as in US-Canada? Any tips for me? WF will be shipping mine to Canada and I''m a bit concerned about brokerage fees (though I understand FEDEX doesn''t charge brokerage).What paperwork were you referring to?

LS

Thank you all!!! The stone color changes in every lighting condition, sometimes it is a dark yummy brandy/cognac, others a bright light peachy pink! I feel so lucky to have such a gorgeous stone in a gorgeous setting, it really looks like an antique heirloom. I have to say that I like the tacori a lot better with the garnet in it
4.gif

LS: Yes, I live in Canada. How it works is that WF sends you an email that the item has shipped, usually around 6pm and they provide the fedex tracking #. It makes it''s way to the destination''s nearest customs office (for me, Calgary, but I still live 3hrs away) overnight and usually arrives there about 6am, according to the tracking system.

This is where I have learned to speed it up. Usually I wait for fedex to call me, around 11am, and they ask me to fill out a One Time Power of Attorny, so that fedex can act as your broker for customs. They email it, I fill it out and fax it to the number they have provided. This starts processing at about 1pm (waiting for clearance at customs), and unfortunately, the last shipment to my city goes out right about then. So I miss it for that day and get it the next. They deliver right to my office because there is no ''holding station'' in my city. If I miss delivery, it goes right back to Calgary for the night and back here the next day
38.gif
. IF you have a holding station in your city, you can go pick it up as soon as it has cleared. I drove to Calgary to do this when I got my ering
3.gif
. There are no brokerage fees, I just pay GST on new purchases (no PST in AB, but I assume you would have to pay that as well if you are elsewhere). I think the normal procedure from WF is to have the package held at the fedex holding station for you to pickup, rather than delivered to you. I would double check that though!

NOW, I have saved the OTPOA to my computer and have filed the fedex fax # in Calgary, so as soon as it arrives in Calgary, I have it ready to go and fax it in (I did it at 8:30 am). This gave them enough time to clear customs before the last shipment left for my city, so I got it the same day (well, the next day after it left Houston but the same day that it arrived in Calgary).

So, in summary of my long essay
5.gif
I would reccommend as soon as you get the tracking #, call Fedex (choose the US to Canada/International option) and ask them to email the OTPOA and the fax # that you would have to send it in to (they should be able to figure out where it will clear customs). Then fill it out and have it ready to fax as soon as it arrives at the fedex/customs location (early the next morning). I have not faxed it before the package arrives to that location to avoid any confusion and possible delay. Keep the fax # and save the OTPOA for your next purchase
3.gif
!

Hope this helped, and sorry that was such a long explanation!
PERFECT!!!

Thank you so much for that. It now all makes sense. I''m in a reasonably large city in Southern Ontario and we do have a Fedex Holding location here....so should be good to go!

It would make me NUTS to know it had been sent back to sit somewhere overnight because they were waitng for forms to be signed! Talk about AGONY!

I''ll keep you posted in the other thread. And thanks again.

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, shimmer, it''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The color is amazing. I can''t wait to see some more pics!
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 9:26:55 PM
Woohoo! It shipped TODAY!!!! Here is the WF teaser pic...a bit darker of a stone than I expected, but nonetheless, I am in love
30.gif

Hey Shimmer:

Did you get a WF pic just of the stone after you shipped it? Have a look and see if it shows the ARROWS!!!

My sapphire has wicked arrows in their pic, and I think yours would too because I see it in the WF finsihed ring pic (top-left).

I posted a pic in Ellen's "show me your arrows thread' So far I'm the only non-diamond stone posted. Would SURE love some company!

LS

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word, I am absolutely DROOLING
18.gif
Your ring is lovely!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Tuckins. Your garnet and your ring both turned out beautifully!
6.gif
30.gif
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Helloooooo yummy yummy yummy. I really do like halos even better on colored stones (don''t tell my ering). That is one stunning ring. Love it
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Shimmer,

Your stone and ring is gorgeous!!!!! OMG how I love that color
30.gif
It is so beautiful and I bet you can''t stop looking at it. I know I wouldn''t be able to.

Linda

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:14:20 PM
Last one!!!! I will have to clean my rings and do a proper photo shoot this weekend...stay tuned for more!
F5.... F5.... F5.... Photo shoot?
9.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 11:29:14 AM
4.gif
Sorry I am a bit late on this, but your ring is stunning! The stone is fantastic and it is so cool that it it changes colors. WF did a great job, of course. Though I think your photos were very nice, I cannot wait to see more.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m late, too, but wanted to say how beautiful that stone is in the Tacori setting!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That''s amazing!! I''m sure you''re attracting stares with that beauty!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Shimmer,

I''m speechless.....your ring is the most beautiful thing I''ve seen!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lori

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful ring. The color is so unique. It looks great in the setting. I really love it. Enjoy!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Just popped in to say that your stone and ring are gorgeous
30.gif
. I'm not a huge fan of the color pink or pink gemstones in general, but for some reason I absolutely love the color of your stone and want one just like it now
3.gif

The setting is also absolutely perfect for it and I agree that it looks better with a colored stone than it did with a diamond.

Stunning!
36.gif

historychick

Shiny_Rock
your new stone in that tacori is too die for congrats you lucky girl
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:14:20 PM

SO???????????????????

I''m tuned in....don''t see the photo shoot yet!
9.gif

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results