shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Jeff White Imperial Malaya Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is my new gemstone! It is to be set into my tacori ring. I''m hoping to have the ring next week, but couldn''t wait to share my excitement
36.gif
This is the only pic for now...

GAR042.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I also want to thank Jeff, he was wonderful to work with and so nice! I recommend him to anyone considering a gemstone purchase
1.gif

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is gorgeous
36.gif

He has an imperial garnet on his Gem Scoop that I''ve been eyeing and contemplating a purchase of
31.gif

Please keep us posted and let us know how your project turns out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful stone! I look forward to seeing it in the tacori setting!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous!

Can you post some pics when you get it so we can see it IRL so to speak.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really pretty, I love the colour. How large is it?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
That is really beautiful. Nice color! Can''t wait to see it set.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Of course I will post pics! I forgot the stats...0.98 carats, 6.1mm diameter...I think that''s it
33.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Looking forward to more photos!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is lovely! Love the colour!

conniek

Rough_Rock
A stunning Malaya. I am new to this forum and would like to know how to contact Jeff White. Where did you find the Malaya?
Any suggestions for dematoid dealers?
Connie

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh it is stunning!!! Wow, absolutely Stunning
30.gif
Take some pics when you receive it please!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you all so much for the compliments!!!

Conniek, I just filled out the form on his website here with my budget, shape and color preferences (I wasn''t very picky with the color) and he emailed me a few days later with the news of the malaya garnet rough.

It''s kind of funny because in those few days I was waiting, I decided that I wanted a light orange peachy pink stone and that is exactly what he had!!!

Maybe post a new thread to get help with the dematiod dealers so the others can help, I''m new to the gemstone scene! I think Jeff could help you out too!

Oh, and welcome to the board
35.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
shimmer, I LOVE your stone! Absolutely gorgeous and really unique. I love garnets so much!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone. I absolutely love the color of it. I can''t wait to see it set in your new setting. Please take a lot of pictures for us.

Linda

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
woooo.... beautiful.

I want an imperial malaya garnet myself. Jeff White has a rectangular imperial garnet on gem scope. I guess this is not the right time for me. Very envious of you.

Does the imperial malaya garnet gives out fire like flashes?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lovegem, Jeff said that it gives tons of fire in pinpoint lighting...I haven''t seen it yet, so I''m not exactly sure what that means
33.gif

thanks Linda! I love your avatar stone (and your sig)!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That will make a gorgeous ring! I love the color, and of course the cut is amazing - can''t wait to see more photos!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
shimmer: Thank you for your sweet comment about my stone and signature. My stone is a Padparadscha Sapphire, that I purchased from The Natural Sapphire Company. I had them set it also. I wear it as an alternative to my wedding ring. I just love it.

My signature is a line from John Lennon''s song "Beautiful Boy", the song he wrote for his son Sean.

I used to sing it to my grandson''s when they were babies, as I rocked them to sleep.

Linda

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Shimmer, can''t wait to see pictures when you got the stone.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

Shimmer: didja get the stone yet??

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo, it's beautiful and suxh a wonderful color!
30.gif

ETA: ooops, meant to say such and not suxh. Guess I've had too many coconut margaritas at Linda's!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry, I''ve been MIA over here, thanks for the bump LS!

Well, there was a mix up at WF (who is setting the stone for me) and the setting was sent before the stone was set...long story short, it *should* ship on Monday, so that means I''ll get it Wednesday (barring any customs delays
20.gif
)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YAY!
36.gif

What type of setting did you choose?

LS

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

A lovely garnet and I agree that the pinkish orange malaya is the most beautiful color. These newer stones are a bit more of a coco-brown. I am not sure of the source, but they are still pretty and this one seems particularly well cut. I have purchased several.

I do, however have a quibble with the term "imperial" malaya garnet. This term is strictly a trade name and about as useful as the term imperial topaz. that is to say, not useful at all.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/18/2008 7:26:20 AM
Author: Richard W. Wise

I do, however have a quibble with the term ''imperial'' malaya garnet. This term is strictly a trade name and about as useful as the term imperial topaz. that is to say, not useful at all.

Sorry, Richard. I did not mean to offend, I am simply ignorant in the world of gemstones. I honestly thought that was what it is called, and wanted to provide a clear title if anyone was doing a search. Thank you for the clarification.

Maybe I should stick to SMTR.
19.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shimmer, you are not ignorant. That is what Jeff calls them on his website. I would have called it an Imperial Mayla Garnet too. That is why we are here. We learn something new every day. I know I do.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Exactly! My point was addressed to the forum in general. There are lots of trade terms thrown around since they have no exact definition they have no meaning at all. Your stone is lovely and a wonderful photograph. Is that Jeff's work?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Well, lets just call it beautiful! I can't wait to see your Tacori with a some color
30.gif

On a side note, Richard's book is wonderful! I have read it over twice and it is absolutely fascinating. My nine year old is reading it now and has a short list of his favorite gems. Maybe I should oblige him and start a collection
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it set! How exciting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results