My New Heirloom Ring!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I love the engraving and design of the band. So cool that you can look at each stone and remember who it belonged to.
Thank you! It really is special. I think my mom and grandmom would love it too.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the vine setting and the milgraining. What a wonderful remembrance!
Thank you! I'm not sure why, but I was just drawn to the vine design....maybe something to do with family roots.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just keep looking at the photos over and over! Wow!
Your ring really sets the bar, when it comes to designing an heirloom for the future generations of your family. You’re ‘paying it forward’ through time, effort, and expense. Such a labor of love!
It’s an inspiration to other PS-ers and I think we will many others doing the same, in all different styles, with all different kinds of gems. Congratulations!

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

I'm so sorry about what you are going through. If you can, I would definitely have the ring redesigned using your stones. I was really nervous about doing it, but I'm so glad I did. You deserve to love a piece with such sentimental stones. It's just really important to use a jeweler that you trust. Please keep me updated. I truly want you to love your new piece.

ps - to show you how things can go quite badly, take a look at my post here. Then after you read it, go rinse your eyes in pure clean water and once again admire your own heirloom work of art. You did a fantastic thing!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-princess-cuts-and-a-sob-story.210384/

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, love the sentimentally behind it, I’m sure it will be treasured for years to come!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a unique and fun way to celebrate those you love in your life and keep them with you always! I once had a parcels of of non matching OECs, transitional, a couple of RBs years ago had it made into something similar, but it was too much bling for me at the time, oh how I miss it sometimes....

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a unique and fun way to celebrate those you love in your life and keep them with you always! I once had a parcels of of non matching OECs, transitional, a couple of RBs years ago had it made into something similar, but it was too much bling for me at the time, oh how I miss it sometimes....
Thank you! I love that I don't have to choose which to wear now that they are in the same ring. I did save the old settings for my daughter, just in case she wants the original settings. Never too much bling for me!;)2

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you who took the time to comment and like my photos. It really means a lot to me, especially because you all have such beautiful and unique pieces of your own.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Back in April, I posted a thread called "Vintage Inspiration". I had some vintage diamonds that are very sentimental to me. They include diamonds from my mom's engagement ring, my grandmother's engagement and wedding rings, a ring my dad gave me when I was a teen, and diamonds from my husband's wedding band that no longer fits him. I wanted to put them into one special ring that would truly be a family heirloom.

I decided to go to a wonderful jeweler in Princeton, NJ. The service was stellar and I am beyond thrilled with my new heirloom ring.

Thanks to @LittleRed for suggesting that wonderfully inspiring site.

Also, shout out to @PreRaphaelite for your comment about diamonds having personalities. That stuck with me during this whole process. Thank you!

I apologize for the poor picture quality. 20190801_190455.jpg 20190801_185845.jpg 20190801_173652.jpg

Just Gorgeous! Love the detail of the gold work and rocco curlicues and sparkle with family treasures, perfect. :love:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just Gorgeous! Love the detail of the gold work and rocco curlicues and sparkle with family treasures, perfect. :love:
Thank you!!! I was worried about the process because the stones are so sentimental. Thankfully all went well and I'm very happy. Whew!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results