shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Heirloom Ring!!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in April, I posted a thread called "Vintage Inspiration". I had some vintage diamonds that are very sentimental to me. They include diamonds from my mom's engagement ring, my grandmother's engagement and wedding rings, a ring my dad gave me when I was a teen, and diamonds from my husband's wedding band that no longer fits him. I wanted to put them into one special ring that would truly be a family heirloom.

I decided to go to a wonderful jeweler in Princeton, NJ. The service was stellar and I am beyond thrilled with my new heirloom ring.

Thanks to @LittleRed for suggesting that wonderfully inspiring site.

Also, shout out to @PreRaphaelite for your comment about diamonds having personalities. That stuck with me during this whole process. Thank you!

I apologize for the poor picture quality. 20190801_190455.jpg 20190801_185845.jpg 20190801_173652.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, beautiful sentiment - truly an heirloom!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops....I forgot to post the stats. The ring is 18kt rose gold and diamond leaf and vine filigree band with migrained edges. The largest diamond is G, VS1 and the others are G/H, VS1 to SI2.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow @Diamond Girl 21 your ring is astonishing - thank you for thinking of my words as you designed this beautiful work of art! What an amazing way to honor your family heirloom stones. May it bring you a lifetime of happiness!

And ps - more pics please!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Diamond Girl 21 your ring is astonishing - thank you for thinking of my words as you designed this beautiful work of art! What an amazing way to honor your family heirloom stones. May it bring you a lifetime of happiness!

And ps - more pics please!
I would have posted the pics of the loose stones, but the ones the jeweler sent were all table down. :lol-2: I'll try to get more pics soon. I wish I was better at photography. Thanks again, your advice really helped.

Avian

Rough_Rock
Just stunning on your hand, and I love the many generations of love and memories in one piece, Would you share the jeweler’s name?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning on your hand, and I love the many generations of love and memories in one piece, Would you share the jeweler’s name?
Thank you so much! I went to Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton, NJ. I worked with Yvonne and Kyle. They were absolutely wonderful.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
diamondgirl21!
your ring is so beautiful! i love how romantic it looks! would you know if your jeweler used a casting technique or was it hand forged/fabricated?? you are quite a talented gifted photographer, as well!!
it must be so incredible to combine all your sentimental stones and build such a meaningful piece of jewelry that gets to live on your person!! may you enjoy for years to come!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I love the engraving and design of the band. So cool that you can look at each stone and remember who it belonged to.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the vine setting and the milgraining. What a wonderful remembrance!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I just keep looking at the photos over and over! Wow!
Your ring really sets the bar, when it comes to designing an heirloom for the future generations of your family. You’re ‘paying it forward’ through time, effort, and expense. Such a labor of love!
It’s an inspiration to other PS-ers and I think we will many others doing the same, in all different styles, with all different kinds of gems. Congratulations!

ps - to show you how things can go quite badly, take a look at my post here. Then after you read it, go rinse your eyes in pure clean water and once again admire your own heirloom work of art. You did a fantastic thing!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-princess-cuts-and-a-sob-story.210384/

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! A wonderful collection of memories. :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Your ring is right up my style alley! It is beautiful and a lovely sentimental piece!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondgirl21!
your ring is so beautiful! i love how romantic it looks! would you know if your jeweler used a casting technique or was it hand forged/fabricated?? you are quite a talented gifted photographer, as well!!
it must be so incredible to combine all your sentimental stones and build such a meaningful piece of jewelry that gets to live on your person!! may you enjoy for years to come!!
Thank you so much! I'm not sure about the technique, but the jeweler sent me CAD drawings. Does that help?

I do try with the pics, but I never seem to capture what I see in real life.

It truly is so special to be able to wear one ring with so much family history. I'm blessed with a generous husband who made this happen for me.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How super unusual & pretty! I would love this anyway, but love it even more because of all the special diamonds!
Thank you! I really am so happy I decided to combine them into one ring.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and meaningful. Definately the nicest heirloom piece I’ve seen.
All of those wonderful associations joined into one.
:love:
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! That means a lot to me, especially because there are so many beautiful rings on here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results