shape
carat
color
clarity

My new giant rubellite cocktail ring from Starlanka!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo!!!!!

I posted pics in Show Me the Bling but you guys in CS are my family so I've got to start a thread for you guys!

It all started when I randomly sat around and decided I wanted a ruby. No idea why. I'm not really even into red gems. It was a super random notion.

Enquired about a lovely 2 carat ruby, showed it to hubby.

Response: Why are we paying so much for something the size of a piece of snot?

Me (gets all defensive): What the heck is that supposed to mean.

Hubby: It's tiny! I would be one of those women who wear small petite rings because I'm not flamboyant like you but even I think it's tiny.

I grizzled at him and stormed off but it did make me think.

Do I want a small tasteful ring?

No

I want to be fabulous and flamboyant damnit!!!

Can I afford a giant ruby?

Hell no!!!

What looks kinda red and is affordable?

Ooooh Rubellite

And off I went!!!

I randomly loaded Starlanka's page, messaged the lovely gentleman about some stones. He was so helpful and nice. No hard sell, just very matter of fact advice. I originally fell in love with all sorts of random stuff but he said they were very included and some would be black in poor lighting.

I told him I had a fear of black/brown stones and will cry if I get a black or brown stone that dies. We found this stone which he assured me would keep it's red color in most lights, poor or otherwise. And he was correct!!!!!! It is fabulously red!!!!!!

My camera is not doing it justice though!!!

Anyways after I selected a stone, I told him my vision and he made it happen!!! I tend to know exactly what I want so I was done with my design after about three days, obtaining a quote and a cad.

I wanted something that would do the stone justice and I wanted some marquis diamonds. Just because!!!!

So after all that ranting .....

Ta da!!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I jumped the gun -- saw this on Show me the something or other and suggested cross-posting here -- and here it is! Really lovely! And a lot of presence!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha no I wanted marquis diamonds and I like colour!!!

You know me! I have these sudden notions!!!

Other random thought: Seller picked lovely blue sapphire melee. It is not inky!!!!
awsome notion !
the dianonds look like beautiful leaves and the colours little flowers
i think in an ideal world a ring needs to be beaitiful and intetesting from all angles

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. It's fabulous :love:
That isn't just a ring, it's an event!
'I shall wear the red now' *tips wrist.
Haven't broken this one out in a while :lol:
Be careful in the sun, that's a lot of fabulous red power right there. You get the right angle and...

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! Your huge glorious ring just leapt out on the screen. It’s stupendous and definitely bigger than a booger :lol-2::lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous stone and ring, thanks for sharing! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

The stone is big for certain, however, the setting is not ostentatious by any means and very tasteful IMHO, if you know what I mean.

I too cannot do demure, as can be reflected by my choice in clothes especially in the warmer months and vehicles.

Agree with Rubellites being affordable, so are Spinels, compared with Rubies. However, big stones are getting rarer and rarer for certain.

I am very glad to have my 9mm Rubellite cut by Jeff W back in 2015/6 as it is a beautiful colour, being raspberry red without brown that I love.

Thanks again for sharing your fabulous ring!

DK :kiss2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I just love it! It is gorgeous. Red is my absolute favorite, and it's so hard to find a red that isn't brown that doesn't cost a fortune. I love the color combo of this ring!

I too have realized that size does matter to me and I just need to be honestwithmyself about it. When I recently said out loud that I've set my buying guidelines to 4 cts or bigger my family all laughed and rolled their eyes. But I know that while I have a few rings with smaller stones that I think are beautiful, I always reach for the bigger ones. I'm planning a reset for my blue spinel that will be nearly impossible to find in the same color at >4ct (and certainly not in my budget) and the rest are going to my daughter over the next few celebrations.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just the most beeeeuuutiful thing I have seen!!!
Big, bold and juicy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! Wow! I just posted about a baby rubellite and then I see yours! Gorgeous!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful! I’m a crocheter, too - what are you making?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I’m a crocheter, too - what are you making?

A watermelon pig!

And because I'm shameless here's a bunch of my crocheted toys

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She gets to go out to lunch today!!! Hehe better than the daily dog walk!

PXL_20220729_012733672.jpg PXL_20220729_012651022.PORTRAIT.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results