shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new Gary Dutton/ERD amethyst RHR

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Here is a view of the profile of the ring. Icekid, yes, the setting was custom by Mark Turnowski.

zamethystprofile1107.jpg

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Crasru, the origin is Brazil.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new ring is ridiculously gorgeous!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I use rubbing alcohol, water and a soft brush to clean my non-diamond stones. I clean mine after every wearing, so they never get really filthy.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Your amethyst is such a lovely purple!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I purchased a 15.38 carat amethyst from Gary Dutton and had Mark at ERD make the gold split shank, double-claw prong (so many new terms I''ve learned from my pricescope experience!) setting. I had to take the photos at night since I wanted to post these asap so the photos are a bit bright. The color of the stone is just perfect. Not too dark, not too light, lots of contrast.

amethyst1107.jpg

What a gorgeous amethyst!

When I was stationed in Rio de Janeiro, an amethyst was my first colored gem purchase and it got me started on my path to gemology.

As for cleaning, there is a great product called Lavish that foams up nicely and cuts the gunk and grease nicely and then rinses off with water. I like to finish with a blast of condensed air if I am not where I have a steamer. A lot of local jewelers carry it, if not, you can also find it on Etsy.

Wink

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable color!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is an amazing colour :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results