shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new Chrysoberyl ring

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bought a 2.94ct Chrysoberyl off Jeff Davies.

I still had a pink stone to set and had recently set a sapphire so I wasn't thinking of doing anything until the new year.

I asked Jeff for a quote for a ring with a halo and diamonds on a double band with the intention of having the stone set in 2018. Then I asked for a quote without the halo to see if I could get the price even cheaper. Hehe I was really looking to cut costs.

Imagine my surprise when Jeff came back with a video of a setting he made for someone who never paid him. It happened to fit my stone perfectly through sheer luck and Jeff was looking to recoup costs. It was rather blingy and much more fancy than what I asked for but at the price offered I couldn't resist. Would have cost me more for a much more basic setting! So here it is!

I love it although I feel a bit silly that such a modest stone is sitting in this crazy setting.

First lot of pics in the shade.

20171222_155414.jpg

20171222_155212.jpg
20171222_155155.jpg

In the sun

20171222_155150.jpg
20171222_155129.jpg 20171222_155121.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

I still had a pink stone to set and had recently set a sapphire so I wasn't thinking of doing anything until the new year.

I asked Jeff for a quote for a ring with a halo and diamonds on a double band with the intention of having the stone set in 2018. Then I asked for a quote without the halo to see if I could get the price even cheaper. Hehe I was really looking to cut costs.

Imagine my surprise when Jeff came back with a video of a setting he made for someone who never paid him. It happened to fit my stone perfectly through sheer luck and Jeff was looking to recoup costs. It was rather blingy and much more fancy than what I asked for but at the price offered I couldn't resist. Would have cost me more for a much more basic setting! So here it is!

I love it although I feel a bit silly that such a modest stone is sitting in this crazy setting.

First lot of pics in the shade.

20171222_155414.jpg

20171222_155212.jpg
20171222_155155.jpg

In the sun

20171222_155150.jpg
20171222_155129.jpg 20171222_155121.jpg

Imagine my surprise when Jeff came back with a video of a setting he made for someone who never paid him. It happened to fit my stone perfectly through sheer luck and Jeff was looking to recoup costs. It was rather blingy and much more fancy t

Absolutely STUNNING:love::love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! I think the setting is perfect - it really makes that colour pop!!

Gosh, it's dreamy... I can't stop looking at it... :love:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. It is so sparkling. What is the true colour of the stone? I have seen green and yellow on different photos.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! look at all that sparkle! :cool2::D It turned out beautifully and I actually love all that bling for your chrysoberyl. What a great score! In fact, I wish this kind of thing would happen to me. :lol:

Don't feel weird about the setting. There's an entire thread here devoted to inexpensive gems in expensive settings.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm looking for a nice blue zircon, and I like one on his website. I’m very happy to read about your positive experience with him!
Where does he ship from? I’ve read that he ships from Thailand and on the invoice is a UK address?
I ask this, because I’m located in Europe and I’m looking for European vendor to avoid VAT.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pwsg07 I would say it's a lemon yellow. In the shade it's very much a lemon yellow but under artificial lights it's yellow green and even a bit more green under the sun! All shades I'm fond of so the right kind of stone for me!

@elle_71125 any chance you can pretty please find me that thread? It's blingy and a halo (will I ever stop the love affair with halos???) but I don't own this style before so I'm pretty stoked with it!

It is very poor form but I am soooo resisting the urge to ask Jeff: Hey Jeff do you have anymore blingy affordable settings sitting around? I'll get a stone cut to match! :lol:

@dkata he ships from Thailand but the invoice is a UK address. Message him and I'm sure he can help you with it.

I can't get over how sparkly it is!!!!!!! I've always hankered after a cheaper yellow ring to wear because my DBL one I consider a masterpiece. Heheh looks like this will be it!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wheeee!!!! What a lovely ring!!! I rarely like colored stones even less so in elaborate settings (weird taste, right?) but this is simply stunning, breathtaking and to-the-floor-knocking. Wow!

If you ever ever tire if this ring - pls message me first!!!! But for now, enjoy it and wear in good health!!!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wheeee!!!! What a lovely ring!!! I rarely like colored stones even less so in elaborate settings (weird taste, right?) but this is simply stunning, breathtaking and to-the-floor-knocking. Wow!

If you ever ever tire if this ring - pls message me first!!!! But for now, enjoy it and wear in good health!!!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Thank you for your prompt answer. I have already sent him an email, but he hasn’t responded yet, therefore I asked you. I’m so inpatient, but I’m afraid someone could buy what I’m eyeing!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! And I think that setting compliments the stone tremendously

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Thank you for your prompt answer. I have already sent him an email, but he hasn’t responded yet, therefore I asked you. I’m so inpatient, but I’m afraid someone could buy what I’m eyeing!!

Facebook him on Facebook messenger as well! When I was trying to snag my chrysoberyl I sent him a bunch of one line poorly worded emails to snare the stone as fast as I could (I was panicking as sometimes these stones get sold fast). He told me to use Facebook as he usually sees that first.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Facebook him on Facebook messenger as well! When I was trying to snag my chrysoberyl I sent him a bunch of one line poorly worded emails to snare the stone as fast as I could (I was panicking as sometimes these stones get sold fast). He told me to use Facebook as he usually sees that first.

Thank you! I’ve just wrote him on Messenger. I hope to get an answer soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like it was made for your stone!!! Pretty color and it looks great on your finger!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! Bling away anytime! It's such a ray of sun on the finger!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MANoMAN. Dreamy!!!!:love:

cheers--Sharon

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is fantastic!! What a stone and what a setting! Amaze balls!!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
ohh! Very pretty! What a great pop of color!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, love all the diamonds in the setting and that stone is so bright and cheery. Lovely all around.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it's stunning!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is one lovely, blingy ring. Enjoy it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine if it was PINK =P

My husband looked at the ring, loved it and then said "I wish the centre stone was pink."

Nah, it's perfect in yellow, pink is nice but you can't top the cheery warm feeling you get from a beautifully cut yellow stone.

I would definitely set that pink stone sooner than later though, gotta keep the husband happy =)2

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemonyummy and Yellowlicious!:love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! What a lucky day for you to be able to get that scrumptious setting! Congratulations and it looks beautiful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results