My new CBI .72 G/SI1 floating bezel pendant

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!! It looks amazing on you!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is just beautiful ILS.. your taste is always impeccable.. what a disco ball of bright light.. I want one. :love::love:

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love the metal combinations.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful. Your attention to detail is spot on, I love the specifications you outlined. Enjoy that ball of fire.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Timeless beauty! The color combo is gorgeous.

I have 2 questions for you - how is the flipping factor on the setting and how do you see yourself wearing this (casual or for formal occasions)? I can see it both ways (with jeans and top and, a simple black dress for dressier occasions).

Well done!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!!! congrats!

Thank you =)2

Gorgeous pendant! That’s perfect and so elegant for everyday wear. :kiss2:

Thanks! That's what I was hoping the result would be!

Lovely! So elegant and classic

Thanks MTG. I'm hoping it'll never go out of style :cool2:

It is stunning! I love how the jump rings disappear into the chain, leaving the stone to be the star!! Congrats!

Exactly! That's what I was hoping the end result would allow. Thanks!!

Wowsa! Look at that sparkle!

I know!! As I said to @Wink et al, my only regret is that it's not on my finger so that I could watch it all day long :lol:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Such a lovely stone, it looks so amazing in the video just dancing away!! :love::love::love:

Thanks AC! It really is a fireball :kiss2:

Damn, that is a sparkly stone. I just love CBI and am happy to own two of them now!

Welcome to the family!

Thanks! And yes, it's fire is incredible. I know all CBI's are amazing, but this one just seemed extra sparkly to me. I love watching it dance in the mirror.

WOW! That is stunning! :appl::appl:

Thank you! =)2

It’s stunning!!! Great job!!! :love:

Thanks Matthews :mrgreen2: Now, if only there were a CBI for step-cuts.... :geek2:

That is beautiful!

Thanks Kitten!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoon:kiss2:
Gorgeous!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! All of your requests really turned out great! The chain and jump rings blend in to your skin tone wonderfully and put the focus on that sparkly diamond. I love your video comparison.

Thanks Kindred =)2. I was hoping it would blend well, almost like I'd done a body piercing :lol:

Wow. The sparkle is unreal!!!! Now I want one. Dang you lol. It’s BEAUTIFUL!!!

Yeah... don't blame me for that one, Miss Almost 3ct ACA! :lol: I think you had the sparkle gene long before seeing this :lol-2:

Wow, gorgeous stone! As a bezel lover, the setting is stunning & done so well. Looks great. :love:

Thank you, fellow bezel lover! I think they did a great job too, especially since it was handmade.

Very beautiful and classic. Enjoy.

Thanks Queenie!

Wow!

That diamond is ALIVE. The video is amazing, it's utterly beautiful. To be honest I didn't notice your 'shakiness', instead it was useful as it gave the diamond normal movement and really showed it off!

Also you really had vision when requesting the different colour metals etc. I also am not a fan of the Mickey Mouse look and you have managed to completely avoid that look whilst still having that style of necklace, which is especially useful as it stops the back clasp from spinning around to the front.

I know that HPD have really nailed it, but you have also really nailed it with your choices.

Congratulations!

Now I'm going to watch that video a few more times. :geek2:

I'm glad the shakiness didn't detract. I hadn't had breakfast yet and wanted to wear the pendant so the video needed to be done asap :mrgreen2:. I really appreciate your kind words about my vision and choices. I know I'm particular about desires, and I don't second-guess them often (if at all) so it's reaffirming to hear that they resonate with others too :kiss2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!! Love the way the diamond sparkles and ‘dances’ in the sun light :love:

Dances... that's the perfect word. And it does indeed wiggle!!

Gorgeous!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks LLJ!

So pretty! such a classic piece, congrats!

I have a pendant currently being made now, the wait is torturing me....:confused2:

Thank you =)2 Who is making your pendant and what style/size did you choose?

Pretty! Congrats on your new pendant.

Thank you!

Looks beautiful and a lovely size on you! Now you need a family shot with your earrings and pendant. Love these super ideal cut stones!!

Thanks MGR! I do indeed. But that means having to remove them, which pains me :lol:. Nah... when I take them off in the next day or two to run them through the ultrasonic I'll take a video before putting them back on. Stay tuned :mrgreen2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect on you - love that size :love:

Thanks Alex! I love the size too. It's enough to be noticeable from afar and not overpowering up close.

Wow it looks great! perfect size, and looks so elegant :love:

Thanks Junebug! =)2

Beautiful pendant! :love:

Thanks DF! Does your wife have one too? I know you're quite the CBI lover :mrgreen2:

Delightful! And very sparkly and noticeable. :))

Thanks mrs-b! Although it would pale in sparkle next to your 4+ct ACA :geek2::whistle:

:eek2::eek2::eek2:OMGGGGG I LOVE ALL YOUR MILIGRAIN BEZELED BEAUTIES. Simply stunning!

Hahaha.... Thanks for the chuckle! I could easily feel your excitement :mrgreen2:. And I love them too!!!

(Shhhhh, but I have one more milgrained bezel project in the works and then I'm self-imposing Ban Island on myself - ha!)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It pairs wonderfully with your collection!:appl:

Thanks m-2-b! I've really grown fond of milgrained bezels :kiss2:

Your pendant is soooooo gorgeous! I absolutely adore everything about it. :love: Congratulations!!

Thanks so much carbonfan! I appreciate it =)2

Absolute perfection!! :love::love::love:

What a sweet compliment JoJa, thanks! :mrgreen2:

That necklace is awesome! What a great idea to pick a diamond size by a number that is special to you! that is an idea my DH could get around! He has often bought me items with 5 stones, since we have 5 kids. We got married in 1980 so I could really love a .80 pendant and earrings. Your piece is just a 'holy cow' piece to me and looks so beautiful on you. I hope you love wearing it every day and it brings you much joy. I hope you don't mind if I steal that idea. My DH would be so happy to buy me pieces that are 80 points each. He is so sentimental that way.

Please, steal away! It was interesting how it came about, as I really wasn't looking for a .72 and I didn't think I had my parameters to even include it, but I must have done a reset at some point. When I saw it my wheels started churning and I knew I could get behind the sentiment but also didn't want to choose it if there was a smaller one that spoke to me more. Thankfully, that didn't happen :lol:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!! It looks amazing on you!

Thanks MSOP!

WOW that is just beautiful ILS.. your taste is always impeccable.. what a disco ball of bright light.. I want one. :love::love:

Aw, thanks Tekate! You can wear it when you come for your house visit (once we find our new house, that is - haha!)

Beautiful! I love the metal combinations.

Thanks Alpha!

Beautiful!

Thank you Kayla :mrgreen2:

Very beautiful. Your attention to detail is spot on, I love the specifications you outlined. Enjoy that ball of fire.

Thank you! I appreciate your words =)2

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Timeless beauty! The color combo is gorgeous.

I have 2 questions for you - how is the flipping factor on the setting and how do you see yourself wearing this (casual or for formal occasions)? I can see it both ways (with jeans and top and, a simple black dress for dressier occasions).

Well done!

Thank you! I haven't had any issues with flipping so far. And it definitely doesn't move/flip like my prior pendant (a moveable one) did; that one was constantly all over my neck and chest and often was facing backwards. I'm still getting used to the cultet touching my neck but I expect that will fade into the background within the next week or two.

As for how I plan to wear it, my intent is to keep it on pretty much 24/7, so jeans, shorts, workout clothes, sweats, cocktail dress, party attire.... As long as it doesn't clash with any other necklace I might want to wear for a special occasion, it'll be on my neck. For example, DH and I went on a date yesterday and this is a photo he took. You can see that it goes with a nice blouse and jeans, and that it's also quite noticeable from a distance :appl:

IMG_1537.jpg

Swoon:kiss2:
Gorgeous!!!

Thanks Missy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It’s a sparkly fireball! I’m partial to that size because I have one close to that size and I love and wear it every day!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. Congrats!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny when you and your husband find "the" place ILS it will be perfect, I know no one who has your taste and design.. AND I want that pendant ;-)

:)

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Great follow up real life perspective picture! Have much happiness wearing it!:appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this so much. I also just bought a fake to see how it wears. Wear your new necklace in much happiness!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: STUNNING!!!!!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pendant @ILikeShiny! :love: HPD did a great job! Now your collection of staple pieces must be completed!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pendant! I love the milgrain bezel! it looks absolutely fabulous on you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF! Does your wife have one too? I know you're quite the CBI lover :mrgreen2:
No she doesn't. I custom ordered her a 3 stone pendant from BGD a few yrs ago. Yes I'd love CBI stones. :love:. I recommended CBI stones to three of my friends in the past 15 months.

iamjo

Rough_Rock
This is a stunning pendant! LOVE it! Love the CBI quality !

It’s here, and it’s stunning!!! :kiss2:

The title gives an overview of the specs but I also had some special requests, which were:
1) milgrain around the bezel
2) a rose gold chain but white gold pendant
3) for the “ears” of the pendant to be made with rose gold so they’d seemlessly blend with the chain
4) for the ears to be as small as possible, in order to avoid the Mickey Mouse look
5) a strong but delicate chain, and for it to have a larger clasp/receiver since I have trouble hooking my necklaces

And OMG they nailed it! It’s hard to put into words how perfectly balanced it all is. A big thanks to Wink, Melissa, and Jamie for putting together this heirloom piece for me. Working with them was as nice as I’d heard it would be. They were always so helpful and responsive, and it was special a treat when we could make Wink laugh with our antics :lol:.

I originally was looking at diamonds around .60-.65ct (because I had worn that size previously and liked it) but then the .72 caught my eye. The number is sentimental to me and the images were too crisp and perfect for me to ignore. Plus, a G/SI (eye-clean) was exactly the specs I was hoping to end up with. In the end, HPD made individual videos of five diamonds for me without revealing which diamond I was seeing; I asked for a blind test so that I’d choose based on my heart instead of my head. I knew instantly that the .72 was the winner for me; it throws incredible firey pastels, super-crisp arrows, and has so much life to it.

Here’s a link to my diamond - https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10233

And finally, here are some photos (glamour from HPD and two from me) as well as a video to show the true beauty (sorry for the shaky hands). I thought it would be interesting to see it both by itself as well as next to the CZ I’ve been wearing as I’ve awaited my pendant’s creation. From afar the CZ was fine, but you’ll see without question that it’s just so fake looking when next to this diamond :mrgreen2:. You’ll also see that, no matter the lighting conditions, this diamond is a blinding show stopper :appl:

34755941-92CF-4E4E-A6C0-80E561E927C4.jpeg

48AD680E-99EC-4962-89C9-A6858FB57111.jpeg

A835CD7A-91EB-452F-ABF9-8D378E8C4789.jpeg

BEAEB4E7-9264-4193-B9AF-4DC29F087410.jpeg

(And one last shoutout to those who helped with this project. Your input was invaluable!)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's perfect. Using rose gold for the rings really makes them disappear. Great idea!

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
This is jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That pendant is beautiful! It's so sparkly and luscious. I absolutely love the design of the pendant and love how you overcame the Micky Mouse problem. It's perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results