carat
color
clarity

My new CBI .72 G/SI1 floating bezel pendant

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here, and it’s stunning!!! :kiss2:

The title gives an overview of the specs but I also had some special requests, which were:
1) milgrain around the bezel
2) a rose gold chain but white gold pendant
3) for the “ears” of the pendant to be made with rose gold so they’d seemlessly blend with the chain
4) for the ears to be as small as possible, in order to avoid the Mickey Mouse look
5) a strong but delicate chain, and for it to have a larger clasp/receiver since I have trouble hooking my necklaces

And OMG they nailed it! It’s hard to put into words how perfectly balanced it all is. A big thanks to Wink, Melissa, and Jamie for putting together this heirloom piece for me. Working with them was as nice as I’d heard it would be. They were always so helpful and responsive, and it was special a treat when we could make Wink laugh with our antics :lol:.

I originally was looking at diamonds around .60-.65ct (because I had worn that size previously and liked it) but then the .72 caught my eye. The number is sentimental to me and the images were too crisp and perfect for me to ignore. Plus, a G/SI (eye-clean) was exactly the specs I was hoping to end up with. In the end, HPD made individual videos of five diamonds for me without revealing which diamond I was seeing; I asked for a blind test so that I’d choose based on my heart instead of my head. I knew instantly that the .72 was the winner for me; it throws incredible firey pastels, super-crisp arrows, and has so much life to it.

Here’s a link to my diamond - https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10233

And finally, here are some photos (glamour from HPD and two from me) as well as a video to show the true beauty (sorry for the shaky hands). I thought it would be interesting to see it both by itself as well as next to the CZ I’ve been wearing as I’ve awaited my pendant’s creation. From afar the CZ was fine, but you’ll see without question that it’s just so fake looking when next to this diamond :mrgreen2:. You’ll also see that, no matter the lighting conditions, this diamond is a blinding show stopper :appl:

34755941-92CF-4E4E-A6C0-80E561E927C4.jpeg

48AD680E-99EC-4962-89C9-A6858FB57111.jpeg

A835CD7A-91EB-452F-ABF9-8D378E8C4789.jpeg

BEAEB4E7-9264-4193-B9AF-4DC29F087410.jpeg

(And one last shoutout to those who helped with this project. Your input was invaluable!)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!!! congrats!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant! That’s perfect and so elegant for everyday wear. :kiss2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is stunning! I love how the jump rings disappear into the chain, leaving the stone to be the star!! Congrats!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsa! Look at that sparkle!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Such a lovely stone, it looks so amazing in the video just dancing away!! :love::love::love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn, that is a sparkly stone. I just love CBI and am happy to own two of them now!

Welcome to the family!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is stunning! :appl::appl:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! All of your requests really turned out great! The chain and jump rings blend in to your skin tone wonderfully and put the focus on that sparkly diamond. I love your video comparison.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The sparkle is unreal!!!! Now I want one. Dang you lol. It’s BEAUTIFUL!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous stone! As a bezel lover, the setting is stunning & done so well. Looks great. :love:

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful and classic. Enjoy.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

That diamond is ALIVE. The video is amazing, it's utterly beautiful. To be honest I didn't notice your 'shakiness', instead it was useful as it gave the diamond normal movement and really showed it off!

Also you really had vision when requesting the different colour metals etc. I also am not a fan of the Mickey Mouse look and you have managed to completely avoid that look whilst still having that style of necklace, which is especially useful as it stops the back clasp from spinning around to the front.

I know that HPD have really nailed it, but you have also really nailed it with your choices.

Congratulations!

Now I'm going to watch that video a few more times. :geek2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!! Love the way the diamond sparkles and ‘dances’ in the sun light :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Congratulations!!!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So pretty! such a classic piece, congrats!

I have a pendant currently being made now, the wait is torturing me....:confused2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Congrats on your new pendant.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful and a lovely size on you! Now you need a family shot with your earrings and pendant. Love these super ideal cut stones!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect on you - love that size :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks great! perfect size, and looks so elegant :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delightful! And very sparkly and noticeable. :))

twang07

Shiny_Rock
:eek2::eek2::eek2:OMGGGGG I LOVE ALL YOUR MILIGRAIN BEZELED BEAUTIES. Simply stunning!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It pairs wonderfully with your collection!:appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is soooooo gorgeous! I absolutely adore everything about it. :love: Congratulations!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That necklace is awesome! What a great idea to pick a diamond size by a number that is special to you! that is an idea my DH could get around! He has often bought me items with 5 stones, since we have 5 kids. We got married in 1980 so I could really love a .80 pendant and earrings. Your piece is just a 'holy cow' piece to me and looks so beautiful on you. I hope you love wearing it every day and it brings you much joy. I hope you don't mind if I steal that idea. My DH would be so happy to buy me pieces that are 80 points each. He is so sentimental that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results