shape
carat
color
clarity

My new band

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

this is mind numbing but I feel like I didn't get exactly what I wanted with an eternity band I've been thinking about for years! The quality and sparkle is all there, but I really had my mind on .25-.30 stones. Then when working with one jeweler what he showed me was kind of bulky looking at .30 pointers, so I got deterred from my original plan.

I ended up going to .20 stones and even though its beautiful I just have this feeling of wanting a slightly different look of the stones being a little bigger. I feel like two things bother me with my band versus what I had envisioned - one is that its slightly smaller and for some reason that slight bit that is smaller really feels noticeable to me. The other thing is I think I would like the prongs more towards the top and bottom of the stones and less tapered in. I think the tapered in look may even make the diamonds appear smaller. I think I really should have gone with .25 and prongs at top and bottom.

What are your thoughts? The first 3 pics are ones I tried on and the look I was trying to achieve and ring pic 4 is mine. What are your thoughts? its frustrating to me because I don't have a budget number 2 for this and clearly im super picky so if something is not exactly how I wanted I have a way of being unhappy with it. and when I wear it i end up obsessing on it.

Attachments

• IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4851.jpg
    IMG_4851.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5692.jpg
    IMG_5692.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8789.jpg
    IMG_8789.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 140

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you are disappointed in the final product. I've been there and I totally get it. With that said, I'm not sure what you are saying. I think the finished ring looks amazing and, quite honestly, I think it looks nicer than the ones you tried on. It looks like a nicer piece and it looks great on your hand, better than the inspiration ring(s).
I hope this helps to get someone else's opinion. I promise you that I am not just saying this to make you feel better!
And I totally get the perfectionist/obsessionist lol thing... drives my hubby crazy!!!
Enjoy your new ring, it's a stunner.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry you are disappointed in the final product. I've been there and I totally get it. With that said, I'm not sure what you are saying. I think the finished ring looks amazing and, quite honestly, I think it looks nicer than the ones you tried on. It looks like a nicer piece and it looks great on your hand, better than the inspiration ring(s).
I hope this helps to get someone else's opinion. I promise you that I am not just saying this to make you feel better!
And I totally get the perfectionist/obsessionist lol thing... drives my hubby crazy!!!
Enjoy your new ring, it's a stunner.

Ah I hope you’re right! I actually do agree on some aspects like saying it’s a nicer piece. The ring is made beautifully and is high quality. It would be better than all the options if I went a little bigger, .25 stones and I would have like the prongs places a bit less tapered in.

So it’s not a quality thing, it’s me wishing I did things slightly differently by spending a little more to go bigger and the prong thing I mentioned.

Wah I know I sound crazy! I can’t go back and do much about it!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you are like me... always second guessing yourself! I know this is so hard and I struggle with it all the time... most especially when it comes to jewelry. Hence why I post a million times about if I picked the right diamond, etc., etc. Give it a little time. I think you will come to both appreciate and actually like this ring. There's always the should've's and the second guessing it. I bet had you gone bigger you would've said that it was too bulky and you should've listened to the jeweler telling you to go the size that you did! There's always that little voice in your head creating doubt, making you question your decision. I know it is hard but feel confident in knowing you have a beautiful ring. Sometimes you have to hear it from a stranger... someone that has no investment whatsoever... I don't even know you lol!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clicking back and forth from pic 3 and pic 4 to try and compare, I actually think your actual ring looks bigger to me than the ones you tried on.
The outline of the diamonds is more distinct maybe because the prongs are closer together. It's very beautiful.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you are like me... always second guessing yourself! I know this is so hard and I struggle with it all the time... most especially when it comes to jewelry. Hence why I post a million times about if I picked the right diamond, etc., etc. Give it a little time. I think you will come to both appreciate and actually like this ring. There's always the should've's and the second guessing it. I bet had you gone bigger you would've said that it was too bulky and you should've listened to the jeweler telling you to go the size that you did! There's always that little voice in your head creating doubt, making you question your decision. I know it is hard but feel confident in knowing you have a beautiful ring. Sometimes you have to hear it from a stranger... someone that has no investment whatsoever... I don't even know you lol!

Thank you! I certainly do like it, I think I just wish I went bigger and placed prongs a little differently. I had the choices to do all these things and sometimes (as you and do many here know) you go back and forth and change your mind. It’s a lot of pressure! I wish I could go back and maybe spend a little more for the .25 stones!

Thank you though I do appreciate your kind words! And I do believe them too :) just my being a little obsessive over small details I wish were slightly different!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Clicking back and forth from pic 3 and pic 4 to try and compare, I actually think your actual ring looks bigger to me than the ones you tried on.
The outline of the diamonds is more distinct maybe because the prongs are closer together. It's very beautiful.

Thank you!! I do honestly bet it’s higher quality than all of them. I just wish Stones were a little bigger.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must have small fingers? The ring in my avatar has .20 stones and yours looks bigger (pic 4). I think the ring in my avatar is a size 6 3/4.
Anyway, if you're not happy its worth having a talk with your jeweler to see if anything can be done at this point. They may or may not be willing
to take the ring back and apply your cost to bigger stones.

Good luck...keeping my fingers crossed that your jeweler is willing to make you happy!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with tyty... it doesn’t hurt to talk to your jeweler about returning and getting one with bigger stones.

Personally in the pics I can’t tell a difference in size between what you wanted and what you got. But you should be happy with the ring you end up with.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Like the previous posters, I also do not see the size difference between your ring and the other three. The only difference I noticed was the color of the metal.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hey hey, I just found your thread.

I commented on the other one about selling this band.

Going bigger is one of the roads that most, if not all PSers, have travelled before. So you are definitely not alone. Going bigger has an affection term here on PS: diamond shrinkage syndrome, DSS. This is when you have received your jewelry and then realise that you should have gone bigger. It does happen, sadly. There are also certain aspects to the ring that you do not like, which is a great learning step on this ring and process. This is common when going custom. Sometimes, you can’t put into words what you see in the process until the piece is completed. In the building house game, there is truth in saying your dream house with be obtained on the third attempt. I think that is true with any custom piece- be it jewelry or otherwise. You do something, see it and then understand that you could have done something better to get a better result.

You state that you have been thinking about these issues for years? Or has it seem like years? Cos that will have an impact on going back to the jeweler and the costs involved with the trade in. A few years back the prices were different. When custom making- prices are retail. When trading- the prices are going to be either 2nd hand market pricing, or wholesale pricing. Sadly, either way, it will be a loss.

Use that loss as an education, albeit an expensive one, like most of us here on PS have done so. But one that leads you to a better or “the” ring that you had envisioned in the first place.

Sorry for the long post. i hope you get some way in resolving your thinking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results