shape
carat
color
clarity

My new and recent colored stone projects

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting those shots, MTG! Unlike me, you can get the demantoid''s color to photograph true! That''s the true "medium slightly yellowish green" that I see in real life.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
By the way, for those of you who are still keeping up with my thread, any thoughts on how to set my Mali? It''s a 4.5x5.2mm "roval" shape. I would like it in a ring.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m baaaack...are you sick of me and my new gemmies yet?

Bought this tsavorite from Lisa Elser''s red and green holiday sale as a replacement for my broken one. The Etsy seller is still trying to source me a replacement, but not knowing the source, I''m not sure how the color and cut will be. So I jumped at the chance to grab this teeny tiny tsavorite at a reduced price. And by teeny tiny, I mean 5x3.6 mm, 0.30 ct.

Resize of IMG_6676.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That first pic shows a lot more yellow than the stone has. It''s actually an almost pure medium green with a slight hint of bluish undertone...

IMG_6677.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With my wedding set...please excuse the ugly knuckle close-up, but I wanted to get both the stone and the wedding set in the shot!

Resize of IMG_6678.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And with my Mali, showing the difference in the shades of green.

IMG_6679.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small, but purty!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Got some updates for you all!

Some of you already know that I bought a couple more stones...a 4mm round benitoite from Dutton''s Diamonds, and a 5mm asscher tanzanite from gemburionline on ebay. The tanzanite is still making its way to me. The benitoite is currently being set by Kyle Anne metals on etsy.

The little tsavorite from Lisa Elser is with Julia now, to be incorporated into a key pendant.

And remember my square tsavorite that broke while the prongs were being adjusted? The Etsy seller found a suitable replacement in terms of color, cut, and size. It should be arriving tomorrow, and I''m pretty excited about it! Here''s a pic of the broken one next to the replacement...fairly easy to tell which is which...

old and new tsavorites.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And finally, I set my roval Mali garnet in LOGR. The setting was actually designed for a 5mm round stone, but my roval fits pretty nicely. Had it set by a local guy in Philly.

Resize of 2010-02-07 16.05.07.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
These were taken with my new Droid phone. Not too bad for a cell phone camera!

Resize of 2010-02-07 16.05.24.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
More...

Resize of 2010-02-07 16.05.47.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Resize of 2010-02-07 16.06.07.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Handshot...

Resize of 2010-02-07 16.11.52.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 12:17:22 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Seriously!!! I couldn't believe my eyes.

I also bought a fabulous pair of knee-length boots (the fashion kind, not the snow kind), a purple and black dress, and a picture frame for my signing mat from my wedding at Marshall's. (I usually hit both TJ's and Marshall's in one session.) But that's another story for another forum!
TJMAXX and Marshalls. How did you miss Target?

I love your collage, especially the demantoid. It is light (which usually means more fire). Round cut is great for this stone, too. Periwinkle spinel is lovely.
What is this Bridal Canvas?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mali garnet looks great set. Pretty ring!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
awesome projects -- and a great way of showing them off while you wait.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys...nice to see some people are still keeping up with my ramblings!

I got my ring with the replacement tsav in the mail today, and I''ll try to put up some pics soon (work is keeping me super-busy these days though). I''m pretty happy with it. The color is a gorgeous chrome green, really similar to the old tsavorite, just like the picture. The cut is not bad at all, not quite the precision cut of my old one, but not bad. Clarity is the one thing that''s not as great, but it''s mostly eye-clean. Given that I didn''t get to choose and the seller sourced it at her cost, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God, I should probably send my CC garnet to Sally - I love her lotus setting, but sorry once again for asking, IS IT SAFE? I would be afraid to lose an expensive stone in the mail.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You mean is it safe in the mail? To be honest, I didn''t send anything to her myself...I gave my stones to MTG and she sent them out to Sally. She gives you pretty explicit instructions, and I''ve never heard of anyone having a problem.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasu,

You can also give her your stone''s measurements, and she can sent you the setting for you to set locally. That is what I did for my padparadscha lotus ring as I did not want to lose the stone since I would have a very hard time replacing within a few months.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasu,

You can also give her your stone''s measurements, and she can sent you the setting for you to set locally. That is what I did for my padparadscha lotus ring as I did not want to lose the stone since I would have a very hard time replacing within a few months.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 10:05:08 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Crasu,

Thank you, MakingTheGrade! I think it will be a nice idea. It has enough light access to it and is very nice.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m baaaack! My latest project arrived today...a JKT key incorporating my first initial (J) and my husband''s (K) as well as the little Lisa Elser tsavorite. The stone just glows in Julia''s bezel! Snapped a few pics tonight...here''s one with the flash:

jstar-key1.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Without the flash:

jstar-key2.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And with the Etsy tsavorite ring to compare colors/saturations:

jstar-key3.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results