shape
carat
color
clarity

My new and recent colored stone projects

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''m so excited; seems like all of these are coming in around the same time!

Chrono, I can hardly keep up with them myself! I had to make a list (as well as the collages) to keep track of everything. I have to stop buying gems though, or I''ll go broke!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! Cant wait to see them!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I can''t keep up either! I love the moonstone set! as to the dem I''m sure you''d discovered that stone sooner or later yourself.
9.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Wow! they all look so beautiful. I love the faceted moonstones, and I can''t wait to see handshots of the new Sally rings!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The ring from Creativegoldsmith with my tsavorite is on my finger! Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea.

Currently awaiting Sally''s and Kyle''s (all done and in the mail). Julia''s is still in the works. Hanging onto the tanzanite and pink tourmaline for the time being, but the tanzanite will end up in a Patrick Irla ring, just don''t have the cash right now.

Oh, and I bought a "roval" shaped Mali garnet.

Somebody stop me from buying gemmies! I''m going broke!

Resize of P1010653.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the tsav ring! It looks stunning! And a great size for your hands I think :)

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I'm kind of late to the party on this thread, but wow!
23.gif
So many pretty projects going on- I would have to keep a list too to keep track!

I love how the tsav looks! it looks really good 'on point'

I also love the moonstone set from earlier in the thread- where did you find the faceted moonstone? (if you don't mind me asking) I just have never seen moonstone that wasn't cabbed or rosecut, and yours just look divine! Your dem and alex look fabulous together, imo, and, well, everything else looks like it will be fabulous as well- good grief, what a collection!
3.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I love the tsav ring too - may be my new favorite! The stone looks perfectly at home in the setting. Erin (creativegoldsmith) did such a great and quick job, and she was lovely to work with. I can''t praise her enough!

Kas baby, I got the moonstones on Ebay, believe it or not! They were eye-clean and pretty cheap too. But Sally has a lot of faceted rainbow moonstone, so you could definitely have her source a good one. The "Silatham" ring and the hammered lotus seed that she has on her site right now look nice!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yikes. telling me that Sally has faceted moonstone may not have been the best thing... too tempting
27.gif
and I''ve got tuition to pay coming up soon!
32.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that Tsav ring came out VERY nice!! Any more photos of it? TFS

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stone Hunter! My camera and lighting in my apartment are both pretty horrible, but I can upload the pics from the Etsy listing...

jstar-tsav1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
More...

jstar-tsav2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

jstar-tsav3.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, these are big, but you get the idea!

The only problem is that the stone seems to be a tiny bit loose in the setting. I didn''t knock it around or anything and only wore it for a day. I''m thinking I should send it back so she can tighten the prongs a bit.

jstar-tsav4.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Cute ring jstar!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the swirls on the sides! The kind of remind me of treble clefs
1.gif

"?" that may seem silly: how do you know when a stone is loose, other than it being glaringly obvious i.e. you go to get a fingerprint off your stone and it wiggles. Can you hear it move? b/c some ladies write that they hear ''rattling''. Do you just check your rings often enough to pick up on subtle differences? Just inquiring for future reference
34.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey! I heard the stone rattling a bit on my hand. Then I held it up to my ear and shook it a little to replicate it so I could be sure it was the stone and not something else. For example, my engagement ring rattles against my wedding band on my hand. It was definitely the stone rattling around in the setting. I also tried to (gently!) push the corners of the stone in the ring, and there was some give in one direction.

ETA: I only wore it for a day and didn't bang it around at all, so I can't believe it's anything I did!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 2:26:34 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Hey! I heard the stone rattling a bit on my hand. Then I held it up to my ear and shook it a little to replicate it so I could be sure it was the stone and not something else. For example, my engagement ring rattles against my wedding band on my hand. It was definitely the stone rattling around in the setting. I also tried to (gently!) push the corners of the stone in the ring, and there was some give in one direction.

ETA: I only wore it for a day and didn''t bang it around at all, so I can''t believe it''s anything I did!

thanks for clearing that up.
34.gif

I would tell them your concerns about the gem being loose- you certainly wouldn''t want to loose that beauty. I probably wouldn''t wear it either until things are fixed, just in case.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that turned out lovely! What lovely pieces you have coming your way! I really like the Apatite ring. TJMaxx and Marshall''s are one of my favorite places to shop! I have bought a few jewelry pieces from TJ''s ...but none with gemstones.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring! I like the swirlies on the sides and the position of the stone!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I love TJ Maxx for jewelry and Marshalls for shoes. Occasionally they even carry my size.
11.gif

No packages yet...bummer! Sally told me it would probably be here Saturday or Monday...nothing. I'm so impatient! Waiting for 3 of them too: the new unset Mali, Kyle's pieces, and Sally's pieces.

ETA: Kas, I never noticed the treble clef resemblance, at least not consciously. But as a musician myself, maybe that's what drew me to the design!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! Those are all fabulous!!!! Congratulations!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Sally''s rings are here! With apologies for the cruddy camera, here are 2 pics of them how I plan to wear them, all 3 together with 2 spacer bands.

jstar-sallyrings2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A little better...

jstar-sallyrings.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the additional photos. I sure do like the ring and hope you can get the setting tightened up. It''s a very cool look for a square stone.
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The JKT ring is here and it''s breathtaking! I literally gasped when I took it out of the box. I''m so glad I was flexible and gave her lots of license to design in instead of trying to dictate it myself (good old control-freak me). It turned out just fabulous!

Also...thanks to MTG for the use of her camera. What a difference a good camera makes!

jstar-6655.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

jstar-6656.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

jstar-6657.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

jstar-6658.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock