shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 7mm ID Jewelry Diamond stud Jackets 5 pointers

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My diamond studs are about the same size (2.5 carats total) and I always thought they would be too large for jackets, but I may have to reconsider. Yours look amazing in these pretty new jackets with the five pointers!!!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I use backings specifically designed for south sea pearls - sorts out the drooping problem. Let me know if you need a picture. Your jackets are stunning. Love them.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Heidi those jackets look fabulous with your studs! Glad you found a resolution to the drooping issue. Looking forward to seeing them with the star sapphires. I have these on my wish list as well :))

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
DS if you ever come back to NYC I'd love to meet you.....also I told Luann in advance when I'd be in so that they would have the jacket 3 pointers and 5 pointers ready for me as they take 2-3 weeks to make. So just a suggestion (you know the exact measurements of your stones) to just call her in advance.

I remember your last stud upgrade....I think .65 each ?/// You are considering an upgrade to 1 carat each ...I did that now im up to 1.21 each. I think I'm done or the hubby will kill me. lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1422202771|3821811 said:
DS if you ever come back to NYC I'd love to meet you.....also I told Luann in advance when I'd be in so that they would have the jacket 3 pointers and 5 pointers ready for me as they take 2-3 weeks to make. So just a suggestion (you know the exact measurements of your stones) to just call her in advance.

I remember your last stud upgrade....I think .65 each ?/// You are considering an upgrade to 1 carat each ...I did that now im up to 1.21 each. I think I'm done or the hubby will kill me. lol

We will absolutely have to have a get together in NYC sometime! That Las Vegas trip is kind of far for us on the east coast, so I think a NYC gtg is in order! I'd love to meet you, too!

Thank you for the tip! That is extremely good to know! My stud journey has been kind of funny. I gave my first pair of .75 each to my oldest daughter. Then I bought myself more .65's. Then I upgraded to .80 each and was sure at the time that was all I wanted and even got platinum settings for that reason. But then I upgraded my diamond ring, and now the studs look small in proportion. I have plenty of room for much bigger stones, but I do have a comfort limit! The killer is paying about double the cost of the current stones to go from about 6mm to 6.6mm. I am really having to think it through!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1422129329|3821478 said:
Thanks so much, Heidi! That doesn't bother me at all. I'd possibly like to go larger for my studs (over a carat), but I'd have to probably drop from H color to I color and that's why I asked. If I ever can make it up to NYC again, I just need to go there with my studs so they could measure and make the jackets to fit. The jackets really give you a second pair of earrings since the look is sooo different than just the plain studs! :appl:

Will you go with WF.....and ID jackets....You know DS in going through many feeds alot of Ps have rings and studs in jackets where the center stone isn't flush with the halo. I had hope that my studs would look like one piece but I am getting used tothe looks. I am using the large plastic discs to keep them tight to my ears.

Good luck with your upgrades your going to love 1 carat in each year. I started with .75 then 1.0 then 1.5 each finally my currrent 1.21 each ...Not going any larger...

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Hey
Will you go with WF.....and ID jackets....You know DS in going through many feeds alot of Ps have rings and studs in jackets where the center stone isn't flush with the halo. I had hope that my studs would look like one piece but I am getting used tothe looks. I am using the large plastic discs to keep them tight to my ears.

Good luck with your upgrades your going to love 1 carat in each year. I started with .75 then 1.0 then 1.5 each finally my currrent 1.21 each ...Not going any larger...

I know this is a very old thread but I wanted to check if you added any other studs to your jackets. Also, are you happy with the size of the melee you went with? Would you have preferred 7 pointers or 10 pointers?

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
I just left IDJ and met the whole gang. I was so excited and my 1.24 tcw 24 total stone jackets wich 5 pointers were waiting for me. I didnt evven ask to see the 3 pointers as I fell in love instantly with the big babies. Luann took photos and I am waiting to receive them by email so that I can show you all.

I am in wholefoods having lunch and not a place to layout my jackets to photograph so I will have to wait until I get home tonight for photos..

Just so happy they are the nicest people. Such an easy transation and the price was within my budget and I had enough left over for lunch lol..

All kidding aside I can not recommend higher ...Id Jewelry......

by the way after I left I walked up and down 47th street saw similar jackets for more than $800 than I paiid for mine.

_26304.jpg

_26305.jpg

_26306.jpg

Hi heididdl,

I know this is an old thread. But can you please tell me the diameter of the earring with the jacket on?
Thanks!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi heididdl,

I know this is an old thread. But can you please tell me the diameter of the earring with the jacket on?
Thanks!

So sorry I sold the studs and jackets to upgrade .So I cant tell you . The studs were 1.20 each

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results