shape
carat
color
clarity

My MVS1 OEC from Mark Broumand

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Without Pricescope I'm pretty sure my SO would've wayyy overpaid for a ring, so I'm super grateful for all the guidance and research on the site!

What did I learn?

1. I love old cuts, I was wavering between an OEC and an OMC and decided to go with an OEC because I love flowery facets, and I just couldn't seem to find the perfect OMC when I looked in person.

2. Working with more local and specialized vendors are the best! I love OWD, Jewels by Grace, Alex Park, and so many more eye candy IGs

3. I'm not color sensitive at all! I was a little worried reading threads on here about how people felt J or I can look a little yellow, but when I compared my M with high-color OECs, I really couldn't tell the difference, at least face up.

I was feeling pretty certain about going with Adam at OWD (who's as lovely as everyone says), and getting my setting done with DK, but I happened to make an appointment with Mark Broumand in LA and looked at some stones. He was lovely to work with, not pushy at all, and gave me a quote for the diamond and setting that came in just under my boyfriend's budget, so rest is history! He had several loose ~2ct that were I,J, and M, and I chose the 2.23M because I thought the facets were the prettiest. His settings work is really impeccable, even though I'm not doing a pave, his look very delicate and refined.

My SO put down a deposit just before California went into shelter in place, so the ring is a little delayed :cry2: but hopefully we'll be able to get it in May. But for the time being, I wanted to share the diamond! I requested a custom setting similar to Ring Concierge's Signature Antique in gold with a platinum head:

It's the first one in the gold ring: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VKV53ZJ58rH5qzkv9

For people who are interested, here's the GIA report!

Attachments

• 2203776860.pdf
    989.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Pretty & lively oec! Welcome to the old cut club and congrats ! Look forward to your pics when the ring is finished!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! I can't wait for the ring to be finished :dance:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty faceting indeed!
Congratulations on your engagement!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Looks like a stunner to me...looking forward to seeing pics, esp hand shots :D

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty faceting indeed!
Congratulations on your engagement!

Thanks so much! It was hard to choose between the OECs, so it's nice to hear that people think it was a good choice :D

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Looks like a stunner to me...looking forward to seeing pics, esp hand shots :D

Yesss hopefully it'll be ready in May (depends on when shelter in place ends too)!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love OEC. This is a beautiful stone!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I'm excited to see your ring. It's a lovely lively stone

crombopulent

Rough_Rock
It's such a beautiful stone!! Amazing how uniformly white and bright it looks
Would you mind sharing the price range? Totally understand if you'd rather not. I'm OEC shopping now and would like to have a couple of data points on what they're going for now

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
It's such a beautiful stone!! Amazing how uniformly white and bright it looks
Would you mind sharing the price range? Totally understand if you'd rather not. I'm OEC shopping now and would like to have a couple of data points on what they're going for now

I don't mind at all! The setting and the diamond together came in at a shade under 15k. I also checked out a few other OECs in similar size and specs (for example, I was trying to choose between the other diamond you see in the video, which is from Adam and it's a lovely 2.07 MVS1 for ~11k) and I think perhaps I could've saved a little bit of money, but not a lot. Alex Park of ParksFineGroup definitely has some gems and I think he offers some of the best deals in the market right now, but seeing the OEC in person and also Mark's lovely setting work made me want to work with him more. I actually did think about sourcing the stone from Adam and doing the setting with Mark, but his quote for the setting would be a little higher if I didn't also get the stone from him, which means I wouldn't really have saved much money. This OEC is also a hair bigger at 2.23 vs. the 2.07, not that I minded the 2.07 in size at all, I have small hands so I would've been fully happier with a smaller stone, but the M ended up being my favorite as well as the most reasonable in price (lucky dilemma, I know).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely and such a pretty vanilla colour :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Romantic and swoon worthy. What a beautiful ring. Wear in good health. :love:

milktoasts

Rough_Rock
I don't mind at all! The setting and the diamond together came in at a shade under 15k. I also checked out a few other OECs in similar size and specs (for example, I was trying to choose between the other diamond you see in the video, which is from Adam and it's a lovely 2.07 MVS1 for ~11k) and I think perhaps I could've saved a little bit of money, but not a lot. Alex Park of ParksFineGroup definitely has some gems and I think he offers some of the best deals in the market right now, but seeing the OEC in person and also Mark's lovely setting work made me want to work with him more. I actually did think about sourcing the stone from Adam and doing the setting with Mark, but his quote for the setting would be a little higher if I didn't also get the stone from him, which means I wouldn't really have saved much money. This OEC is also a hair bigger at 2.23 vs. the 2.07, not that I minded the 2.07 in size at all, I have small hands so I would've been fully happier with a smaller stone, but the M ended up being my favorite as well as the most reasonable in price (lucky dilemma, I know).

Hi Moonie! Really appreciate the detailed breakdown. It sounds like you did your homework :) and I hope you LOVE the end product

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! Congratulations! Hope to see it on your finger really soon!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
it is such beautiful lively OEC. I can’t wait to see it done and on your finger.

i am also looking at an OEC. I found one locally but I haven’t seen it in real life. Mostly videos and pictures. It is already set in a lively simple setting. 3.22 L VS at $21K complete with the setting. I wonder if this is a good price. The diamond looks lovely on video. Maybe I can go and visit it once the stay-home lockdown is lifted whenever that will be. The jeweler is local and is very kind.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. Romantic and swoon worthy. What a beautiful ring. Wear in good health. :love:

Thank you so much MIssy! As I recall you have an absolutely stunning OEC :eek2:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Moonie! Really appreciate the detailed breakdown. It sounds like you did your homework :) and I hope you LOVE the end product

Oh so much research LOL...but it was fun and I genuinely enjoy researching topics I enjoy. Happy to always chat and share resources!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! Congratulations! Hope to see it on your finger really soon!

it is such beautiful lively OEC. I can’t wait to see it done and on your finger.

i am also looking at an OEC. I found one locally but I haven’t seen it in real life. Mostly videos and pictures. It is already set in a lively simple setting. 3.22 L VS at $21K complete with the setting. I wonder if this is a good price. The diamond looks lovely on video. Maybe I can go and visit it once the stay-home lockdown is lifted whenever that will be. The jeweler is local and is very kind.

I think I've seen some of your posts on your OEC journey. Given the size and specs that seems like a good price! I'm sure it's beautiful and the videos/photos do it justice, but oh so fun to see them sparkle in person. I did really enjoy seeing some of the loose diamonds IRL because I could get a feel for how I felt about the stone, it was actually my first time seeing OECs not set.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I think I've seen some of your posts on your OEC journey. Given the size and specs that seems like a good price! I'm sure it's beautiful and the videos/photos do it justice, but oh so fun to see them sparkle in person. I did really enjoy seeing some of the loose diamonds IRL because I could get a feel for how I felt about the stone, it was actually my first time seeing OECs not set.

I thought so too. Seeing them in real life is actually part of the journey and part of the hunting process. I refuse to settle and miss out on that.

I hope we go back to normal because I want to attend the antique diamond show here in LA. I missed out last year.

I can’t wait to see your ring. You pick a great looking OEC. Can’t wait!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I thought so too. Seeing them in real life is actually part of the journey and part of the hunting process. I refuse to settle and miss out on that.

I hope we go back to normal because I want to attend the antique diamond show here in LA. I missed out last year.

I can’t wait to see your ring. You pick a great looking OEC. Can’t wait!

Oh yay you're based in LA! I had a great experience with Mark Broumand, who's in LA (right in the jewelry district), so if you ever want to check some OECs out, I would recommend for sure. I so wanted to go to Jewels by Grace but she happened to be not in LA when I was in town last month, she has just the most amazing collections. I'm normally in SF and I missed her when she was in the Bay Area.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's just gorgeous! I know you can't wait to have it on your hand!
The ring in my profile picture is my OEC with very similar specs -- 2.22 ct, M/VS2.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can't wait to see this beauty set. Congratulations. Love that you have this to look forward to.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
That's just gorgeous! I know you can't wait to have it on your hand!
The ring in my profile picture is my OEC with very similar specs -- 2.22 ct, M/VS2.

Oh your ring is so beautiful!! I love the facets :kiss2:. Can I ask what size ring you wear?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Oh I can't wait to see this beauty set. Congratulations. Love that you have this to look forward to.

I feel super lucky for sure! I can't wait to see how it looks in the setting :lol:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
@Moonie, I wear a 7.5.
Here's a visual in case that helps;-)

1586436989049.png

Sooo gorgeous! I love how the diamond seems to radiate out into a sparkle bomb. :kiss2: I'm a 4 so I'm very curious about the spread, it's a bit hard to tell when it's unset (and the video is not my hand).

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see it on you, so I can only imagine how you feel! It's going to be amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results