shape
carat
color
clarity

My mother's 2.61 ct L color emerald in BE unplated WG

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again to Gypsy and all for your help! The ring is here! I'm basically giving it a test drive today, since I happen to be the same ring size as my mother (4-ish). :naughty:

I have to say, I was a little taken aback initially by how big it was when I opened up the box. "It's a lotta look," as Tim Gunn would say. And I'm not sure what my mother is going to think, since she's never worn a ring before, much less a honker like this. (Also, in a perfect world, I think I'd go back and have Mark scale back the corners and proportions, but that's a discussion for a later time.) But the hand engraving is just gorgeous . . . I kind of don't want to take it off now . . .

I will say: it's not "perfect," but for the price I paid and the turnaround time, I think I got a pretty good deal and good service from Mark T. Thanks again for all your help!

img_10828.jpg

img_10829.jpg

img_10827.jpg

img_10830.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love:
How fortunate you and your mom are the same ring size. :naughty: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous! The engraving is really pretty!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is quite a lot of ring, but it's gorgeous and I love the engraving!!! I hope she loves it! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique stunner! What's not to like? :dance: ;))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely. I have a fondness for lower color step cuts! :love: :love: :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is truly lovely! I sure hope she loves it, too.

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
PSA: DSS is very real. I wore this ring all day today, and I can't say it looks "small," but it definitely looks "normal" to me now. :lol:

Thanks for all your lovely comments! I think if I had the opportunity to go back and tweak, I'd bring those corners on the emerald down vertically (from the side view) a tiny bit. However, having worn the ring all day, I can say the vast majority of the time, I don't notice it. The more I stare at it, the more I love that engraving!

Step cut owners: do you find them harder to keep looking clean than rounds or cushions with a smaller table?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a splendid ring! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
whoa. this is gorgeous. Did I miss this story? This is for your mom? What are the specs please? Love it!!

edited to add-I clean my EC in an ultrasonic to keep it looking fabulously clean!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HC: You definitely earned the 'daughter of the year' award for creating such a gorgeous treasure that I am sure your mother will adore - in part for its incredible beauty, but more so the thought and love behind the ring and who it is from, which makes it all the more special. It is stunning, and I hope your mother wears it in the best of health & happiness! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky Mom - lucky daughter! SO lovely that you have such a great relationship that it is honored by this beautiful gift. She will be thrilled.
I am a huge fan of unplated WG and it works so well here. You have created a timeless heirloom, HG.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I just love the vintage feel of it. :love:
The engraving looks like the top of the Chrysler building.. oozes art deco loveliness! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely diamond I agree with you about the prongs do they get caught on clothing much. Still I am sure your mother will vote you daughter of the year anyway and so she should :appl:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
artdecolover71|1455968289|3993228 said:
whoa. this is gorgeous. Did I miss this story? This is for your mom? What are the specs please? Love it!!

edited to add-I clean my EC in an ultrasonic to keep it looking fabulously clean!

Thank you, artdecolover! I bought this 2.61 ct L/VS1 from JBG. GIA cert is here:
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=1172425393

Background is here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cut-surprise-for-my-mother-need-ideas-for-setting.218261/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cut-surprise-for-my-mother-need-ideas-for-setting.218261/[/URL]

I'm so excited . . . My mother is coming over to visit today, so I'm going to give her the ring!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1455978809|3993257 said:
What a beautiful ring! I just love the vintage feel of it. :love:
The engraving looks like the top of the Chrysler building.. oozes art deco loveliness! :appl:

Oh, this is just the best compliment . . . I love the Chrysler building! Thank you! :love:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Well, my mother was blown away! [emoji3] However, her ring size is actually larger than expected! She's more like a 5, not a 4. I'm going to have to find a trusted local jeweler to handle the resizing now...

In the meantime, another hand shot (my hand, since we couldn't fit it over her knuckle):

imageuploadedbytapatalk1455992882.jpg

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Aaaand happy news for all -- I took the ring to my local jeweler today and had them shave off the sizing beads, and now it fits her finger perfectly! Huzzah! :dance:

(For the record, she is a size 4, so removing the sizing beads worked just fine.)

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Mayk|1455914298|3993019 said:
Beautiful! :love:

Thank you, Mayk! Your emerald really jump started a step cut obsession in me. ;-)

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
missy|1455902878|3992958 said:
Gorgeous! :love:
How fortunate you and your mom are the same ring size. :naughty: :appl:

Haha, what a lucky coincidence, right?? :naughty:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
derbygal|1455916460|3993034 said:
Really lovely. I have a fondness for lower color step cuts! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, derbygal! I feel like it's so rare to see them in the lower colors for step cuts, but I just love the warmth!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1455907382|3992977 said:
That's gorgeous! The engraving is really pretty!

JDDN|1455908532|3992990 said:
Wow, it is quite a lot of ring, but it's gorgeous and I love the engraving!!! I hope she loves it! :appl:

Thank you! I took the ring to a local jeweler today to have the sizing beads ground out, and I knew I was in good hands when the 80-year-old store manager inspected it and noted, "That is some fine hand engraving." :D

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
HegemonyCricket|1455993001|3993349 said:
Well, my mother was blown away! [emoji3] However, her ring size is actually larger than expected! She's more like a 5, not a 4. I'm going to have to find a trusted local jeweler to handle the resizing now...

In the meantime, another hand shot (my hand, since we couldn't fit it over her knuckle):

wow at distance the ring looks magnificent the prongs do not seem overly big at all :love: :love: - note to self never buy a magnifing glass or mirror lol

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! The ring turned out beautifully! I love the engraving too! :love: No wonder your Mom was blown away by her gorgeous new ring! :appl: :appl: You are the best ever to put so much care into it for her! So glad that the sizing issue got worked out. Well done! :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a truly sweet gift for your mother! Big, beautiful diamond, too! :appl:

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock
Your mom should be very proud to have raise a caring daughter :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous EC and fabulous ring. I can see why your mom likes it and how wonderful removing the sizing beads was enough so the ring fits your mom. I know she'll always treasure it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's some ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results